News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Ossiarch Bonereapers  (Read 1267 times)

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Ossiarch Bonereapers
« on: January 29, 2021, 12:48:12 PM »
Got some Ossiarch Bone Reapers during the holidays, and slowly working through to a vanguard sized force.

Necropolis Stalkers

Boneshaper and Mortek Guard

Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
Re: Ossiarch Bonereapers
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2021, 10:19:25 AM »
Those Bonereapers look absolutely amazing, @Lord of Winter and War!

Top notch finish on the bonework!

Swords look really cool too!
JohnMaloneBooks website - Blog #3 - From Novella to Novel

- 5/5 Reader's Favorite Review!

A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition is coming soon w/ audiobook!

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
« Reply #2 on: February 7, 2021, 11:30:19 AM »
Finished painting my 1000pts of Ossiarch Bonereapers, wanted to show them off.

Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #3 on: February 7, 2021, 11:34:44 AM »
Magnificent, Squid!

Wouldn't mind hearing a little more about y our highlighting technique, it's s+  :).
JohnMaloneBooks website - Blog #3 - From Novella to Novel

- 5/5 Reader's Favorite Review!

A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition is coming soon w/ audiobook!

• Ancient
« Reply #4 on: February 7, 2021, 11:40:30 AM »
Magnificent, Squid!

Wouldn't mind hearing a little more about y our highlighting technique, it's s+  :).

Highlight technique for the bone? I prime the model grey seer, paint all over with skeleton horde, and then dry rush grey seer. Done.
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #5 on: February 8, 2021, 03:40:22 AM »
Highlight technique for the bone? I prime the model grey seer, paint all over with skeleton horde, and then dry rush grey seer. Done.

That is an amazing looking army that you have there Lord of Winter. I particularly like the picture of the Mortek Guard group shot. I can't believe the results you have achieved with what sounds like a really quick and easy technique. In the pictures it really looks like you have applied a wash, but I am guessing this is the effect of contrast paints when used correctly.

I can't recall ever seeing a model when someone has said they have finished with a dry brush of a base coat. Is the idea behind that just to cut down on the number of paints you use, or is there another reason?
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Quote from: Cavalier
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!

• Ancient
« Reply #6 on: February 8, 2021, 06:47:07 AM »

That is an amazing looking army that you have there Lord of Winter. I particularly like the picture of the Mortek Guard group shot. I can't believe the results you have achieved with what sounds like a really quick and easy technique. In the pictures it really looks like you have applied a wash, but I am guessing this is the effect of contrast paints when used correctly.

I can't recall ever seeing a model when someone has said they have finished with a dry brush of a base coat. Is the idea behind that just to cut down on the number of paints you use, or is there another reason?

Thanks man, the Mortek Guard are a fantastic kit, and I love how I could build a cinematic 'shield wall' unit from the options inside.

Contrast paints are such a phenonimal tool. I use them in at least some capacity in ally my armies now, as they are a huge time saver. Like you noticed, the contrast paints are basically a basecoat + wash in one step, which is really handy.

I finished with a drybrush, as it was the easiest technique I could use to highlight the bone. Didn't want to do a layer highlight, as that would be too clean (and time consuming lol).

Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2021, 03:32:00 AM »
Fantastic work here. Love the colors and the dryness of this bone army. Keep up the great work.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword