News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Lion El'Jonson (completed Oct 26, 2020)  (Read 818 times)

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
Lion El'Jonson (completed Oct 26, 2020)
« on: September 25, 2020, 10:15:34 PM »
So... something came in the mail today...
« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 07:43:57 PM by Grand Master Lomandalis »
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: Lion El'Jonson
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2020, 10:49:08 AM »
that's a generous mail man ;)

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2020, 12:05:42 PM »
I was actually surprised at how quickly it came.  I placed the order late on Wednesday night; received the email on Thursday saying it was being shipped, and to expect it in 4 - 5 days; then it arrived around 1600 on Friday.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2020, 08:55:46 PM »
I was actually surprised at how quickly it came.  I placed the order late on Wednesday night; received the email on Thursday saying it was being shipped, and to expect it in 4 - 5 days; then it arrived around 1600 on Friday.

That's the benefit of having a north American warehouse for forgeworld! They come as fast as any other gw order! (Very fast!)
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2020, 08:16:36 PM »
The Lion is done, so now all I have to do is work on that obscenely epic base of his!

I knew I had fans!!!

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #5 on: October 3, 2020, 10:48:30 AM »
That looks amazing!

How did you do the cloak?
JohnMaloneBooks website - Blog #3 - From Novella to Novel

- 5/5 Reader's Favorite Review!

A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition is coming soon w/ audiobook!

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 3, 2020, 01:42:54 PM »

I'm old fashioned in that I really only use three colours to obtain the look I am going for.  It will be a dark base colour (in this instance, it is Khorne Red), the brightest layer (Evil Sunz Scarlet), and Abaddon Black.

I put a decent amount of the base colour on a wet palette, and will paint the cloak in that colour.  I add a drop or two of black to the paint on the palette until it gets to the shade I want, and then I paint that into the recesses of the cloak.  I then do a mixture of the base colour and the layer colour to work my way up to the final layer of just the layer. 

If you look at the second last picture, you can see there are five layers of colour all together.  The darkest two layers are Khorne Red and the Khorne Red / Abaddon Black mixture.  The next two layers are 1:1 and 1:2 of Khorne Red / Red Sunz Scarlet.  The last layer is just the Scarlet.
I knew I had fans!!!

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2020, 07:42:59 PM »
Finished off the Lion's base, so he is now 100% complete.  I love these display bases because you can use excessive amounts of Blood for the Blood God!

I also did up a 60mm base so that I can use him in 40k to properly replace Guilliman.  His display base is just too big at 80mm for me to justify.
I knew I had fans!!!