News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: INDOMITUS Unboxing Footage!!  (Read 1429 times)

Offline Mortalis

• Master of waste disposal
  • For Gondor.
INDOMITUS Unboxing Footage!!
« on: June 15, 2020, 09:26:16 PM »
How good does this look guys???

INDOMITUS UNBOXING FOOTAGE - 9th Ed 40k Launch Box Reveal - LIMITED EDITION!! -

Interesting that this is a LAUNCH box, not a starter, do you guys reckon we'll get a starter as well? My sources tell me about 120pounds, which seems like great value, about the same as Dark Imperium.

Super excited to be able to post a bit more on my beloved 40konline as we officially launch our 40k content on Zorpazorp.

MORTY IS BACK!

Hope you've all been well :)

~Morty

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: INDOMITUS Unboxing Footage!!
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2020, 04:10:44 AM »
Who cares about Indomitus when 40konlines terrain making God (yes a capital G) is back.

It looks bloody amazing. 61 push-fit models and everyone of them looks brilliant.
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Quote from: Cavalier
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2020, 08:12:21 PM »
It looks bloody amazing. 61 push-fit models and everyone of them looks brilliant.

boooo, it means they are going to do the same thing they did with DI box set, you just get the basic with no upgrade options possible. So you will probably want to just buy the true kit when it comes out later.

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2020, 10:26:41 PM »

boooo, it means they are going to do the same thing they did with DI box set, you just get the basic with no upgrade options possible. So you will probably want to just buy the true kit when it comes out later.

Except for the fact this will be for a fraction of the cost, and the only place to get the new units (For who knows how long).

The sisters of battle box was the same thing as this, and it sold out in minutes. My local club is already talking about splitting and Sharing the contents (I'm looking go get two copies of the marine half).

I'm interested to see if the 9th edition starter box will be the same models, or something different. I know indomitus comes with a collectors cover for the rulebook, so maybe that's the main difference? Be interesting to see what it'll be.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2020, 01:21:59 AM »
Except for the fact this will be for a fraction of the cost, and the only place to get the new units (For who knows how long).

Yeah but not cheap if you have to buy them again to get the most efficient versions of them. Still very nice sculpts and look like they'd be fun to paint. It would be nice if they just sold the full version of the kits in the boxset.

Has any one seen info on the price for the set? I'm curious to se if its close to the "prophecy of the wolf" or "blood of the phoenix" in pricing.

I'm interested to see if the 9th edition starter box will be the same models, or something different. I know indomitus comes with a collectors cover for the rulebook, so maybe that's the main difference? Be interesting to see what it'll be.

I thought indomitus was the 9th ed start box.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 01:29:10 AM by magenb »

Offline Radec

• Armies: Chaos Daemons, Genestealer Cults (soon, yess soon)
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2020, 06:25:28 AM »
It is speculated to be 120 quid with no rumours or leaks to confirm it though. It was also stated to be a limited box which probably means that a real starter will come down the line or they will abandon the 2 player starter concept and will focus on single faction starters and themed boxes like the one from Phoenix rising

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2020, 07:53:01 AM »
@magenb

It's a limited edition launch box, like the sisters of battle box last year, or the new lumeneth realm lords box. It has a collectors rulebook in it.

I expect it'll be closer in price to blood of the Phoenix.

I am not bothered by being single build kits. I bought two shadowspear halves, and I am very happy I got all those models for like 1/4 the cost of buying individually.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2020, 10:10:01 AM »
It is speculated to be 120 quid with no rumours or leaks to confirm it though.

Quote from: Warhammer Community
it’s so full, in fact, that Indomitus will save you more than 50% over getting the contents separately. In case you lost track, that’s 61 push-fit miniatures, 1 exclusive launch edition Core Book, the assembly guide and transfer sheet, and the Edge of Silence book with all the rules for your models.

Speculation that I have seen based on the fifty percent saving on retail, and people adding up the cost of the individual models places the cost of the set at £200.

"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2020, 08:14:03 PM »

Speculation that I have seen based on the fifty percent saving on retail, and people adding up the cost of the individual models places the cost of the set at £200.

I have to assume the character's will be the same prices as existing charcters, the new CC unit will be the same as the 10 man squads, bikes and eradicaors will be the same price as other 3 man units, then it would work out at £200 for just the space marines, however the prices are based on the full kits, not the push fit kits.

If we use a price for the 3 man agressor kits as a guide per model for 3 man squads and single characters and reavers as a rough price per model for the 10 man squad, its around £160.

While there is some logic to this, GW doesn't seem to apply logic to pricing... so its anyone's guess ;)

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2020, 04:21:53 AM »

I have to assume the character's will be the same prices as existing charcters, the new CC unit will be the same as the 10 man squads, bikes and eradicaors will be the same price as other 3 man units, then it would work out at £200 for just the space marines, however the prices are based on the full kits, not the push fit kits.

If we use a price for the 3 man agressor kits as a guide per model for 3 man squads and single characters and reavers as a rough price per model for the 10 man squad, its around £160.

While there is some logic to this, GW doesn't seem to apply logic to pricing... so its anyone's guess ;)

Speculation is just another way of saying 'guess',so yes it is anyone’s guess. I like your guess of £160, but I have seen reference to a GW raffle that people are guessing is a giveaway of this launch box. The value of the raffle prize is said to be £120. I can't find the raffle online though to see what everyone is on about.

Offline Mortalis

• Master of waste disposal
  • For Gondor.
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2020, 09:02:16 AM »
Who cares about Indomitus when 40konlines terrain making God (yes a capital G) is back.

Hahaha yeah boyyyyy ;) and I've got a huuuge 40k build on the way as well.

Stay tuned dude!!

I've had my box for about four weeks now and it's great value for a marine or necron player, started getting some painting tutorials out I'll post them up in the forum :)

~Morty