News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Daemon Prince Project  (Read 2159 times)

Offline Gal'rgae Neverborne

• Armies: Eldar, Deathwing, Daemons
Daemon Prince Project
« on: August 13, 2018, 08:24:52 AM »
Greetings!

I've got the daemon Prince box set I'm going to try and assemble and paint it so it can represent either nurgle, tzeentch, slaanesh or khorne. Any tips ideas photos?

G

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
Re: Daemon Prince Project
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 02:22:43 PM »
My recommendation would be to take a look at how GW used to paint some of their undivived Daemon Prince models in previous and/or current codices for Chaos Space Marines or Chaos Daemons.  The obvious thing to avoid is painting any of the symbols dedicated to either of the four powers on the model and to avoid colours associated with the four Chaos Gods, but that does limit your options quite a bit.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 03:54:00 PM »
Way ahead of you,

There are none, or a least any that aren't on the box art. Of these 2 are very Khonre one is probably tzeentch.

But the point of my post was getting real peoples, opinions, experiences and "secret finds". Of the ones on the box art, maybe 2 would pass as undivided, which isn't a great amount of muse!

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 04:48:07 PM »
Just paint the model grey or black. Keep the skin achromatic, and avoid any bright colours. None of the parts in the box are for any particular allegiance, so you can build it any way you want.

looking at the box examples, just emulate anything but the blue and red schemes. One you paint the model any colour but Grey/Brown/Black, it'll lean towards a god's colours.

Most folks don't attempt what you're trying to do, as often their armies are themed around a specific god to better synergise with other units in the army, so I don't think you'll find too many examples, besides looking for Daemon Princes people made for 'unaligned' Chaos Marine Legions, like Word Bearers, Iron Warriors, and Black Legion. You could also use Belakor as a base for your model, or inspiration, as he's Unaligned.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline malicant

• "It is not blood that binds us..."
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2018, 12:26:01 PM »
Have you considered something like this?

As you can see, the painter has used the primary colours of each god.  This could open up an opportunity to make a really interesting conversion too.  You could have an arm with a lobster claw (Slannesh), another arm with an axe (Khorne) and so on.  You could even have a pair of different wings; one could be feathered and the other skeletal.

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2018, 01:33:25 PM »
Ahh thank you, this was the kind of thing I was hoping for.

Though my skill won't allow me to cross colours like this. I'm also looking for something a little less pronounced.