News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Fire Dragon Crimson  (Read 1409 times)

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Fire Dragon Crimson
« on: June 1, 2018, 02:29:46 AM »
Turns out I'm so old that I can't find a current conversion chart for this paint.. it's a deep purple for those of you with out grey hairs ;)

any way, what I'm actually looking for is the right colour to highlight it with? Do I go with a light white dry brush or something like pink horror?

Offline SeekingOne

• Exarch
  • May Hoeth guide our ways...
  • Armies: Eldar (Saim-Hann), Space Wolves
Re: Fire Dragon Crimson
« Reply #1 on: June 1, 2018, 04:04:18 AM »
Hey Magenb! I am getting a few grey hairs already, yet even I don't remember such paint :) I guess it should be pre-2000.

Anyway, I definitely wouldn't recommend highlighting deep purple with white, especially if you're planning to drybrush - it would look too chalky. It's better to start with something with colour in it, like pink horror - and then, if you feel like it, you may go for a second super-light pass with pure white.
I fight against Chaos and for Order, because it means fighting for Life against Death. There is no other battle truly worth fighting.

"If it's not for a tournament then play whatever it is that you like. Without the pressure of having to utterly destroy your opponent it opens up alot more opportunity to have fun." - Lazarus

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #2 on: June 1, 2018, 09:54:47 AM »
gah now I feel really old ;)

well here is the colour, it has a Leviathan wash on it on the model.

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #3 on: June 1, 2018, 11:16:09 AM »
Pretty sure you're looking for Screamer Pink. Its a great color and goes on pretty nice. You can lay down Khorne Red first and paint over it. I use this stuff all the time. Its great.

Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #4 on: June 7, 2018, 02:04:37 AM »
I have a fully grey beard now and getting them in my hair too, haha. I think it was called warlock purple back in the day, not positive tho.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword