News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: GML's Harlies  (Read 14995 times)

Offline Grizzlykin

• Run little eldar, run! ... And KILL THEM ALL !
  • Armies: Eldars, Tau, Necrons
Re: GML's Harlies
« Reply #40 on: May 2, 2015, 03:09:30 PM »
Well in the end this is your work :) the still look great it's only personnal preferences. It does not affect in any way your very good work in painting :D
The Grizzly's Arvandor Craftworld!

Quote from: Cavalier
ALL HAIL THE TORNADO! The legend is REBORN.

Quote from: Alienscar
The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #41 on: May 9, 2015, 10:08:10 PM »
Here are the first nine troupes done, all armed with Kisses.

If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
« Reply #42 on: May 9, 2015, 10:57:02 PM »
They're beautiful!  ;D

That's it, I need to stop playing Destiny and get back to my Scions like, right now! :P

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2015, 12:23:24 AM »
I did beslubber up one thing though.  When I compared them to the original test model that I did, the reds were vastly different in brightness.  I went up to Evil Sunz Scarlet, but on the original it was only a faint highlight and on these guys it was used more... generously.  Not going to change it, but these troupes can be my "Light" troupe lol.

Also, since I have reorganized how I want my units, I am dropping the idea of painting them all with different colour washes on their masks.  I'm just going to go with the blue because it looks the best.  The three units are all different in their weaponry, so there will be no mistaking who belongs in what unit.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 12:24:34 AM by Grand Master Lomandalis »
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2015, 03:04:46 AM »
Wow they look real nice that's going make a real impact on the table. I like them a lot, i think the difference mask color is a good idea, but i will have to agree that the blue look fantastic

The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

• Global Moderator
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2015, 10:28:50 PM »
Jesters are all done.

I knew I had fans!!!

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2015, 01:48:06 AM »
Very cool, they all look great. Now if I can just find some time...
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2015, 02:33:28 AM »
Shadowseers and Troupe Masters are all complete.

The Master that I modelled up as having the Caress I had to cheat a little on.  I went through all of my sprues from the troupe boxes and apparently only had one caress left.  I clipped it out of the sprue, and when I was going to glue it onto the model, I dropped it and lost it in the clutter around my desk.  Such a small piece and no idea where it went.  So I took one of the many spare Kisses that were left, clipped off the tube bit, and it looks close enough to the idea of the caress that it will pass for WYSIWYG.
I knew I had fans!!!

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2015, 03:30:03 PM »
Heeeee that look so cool! I really like the shadowseer, the model is nice and your color suited them really nicely awesome job you did there.

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2015, 11:09:06 PM »
Second squad of Troupes is complete, all armed with caresses.

I knew I had fans!!!

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2015, 03:47:39 AM »
Man you have an astonishing painting speed! Great work as ever i would not want to meet this guy in the middle of the battlefield!

• Global Moderator
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2015, 10:47:57 AM »
I have to get this army done for a tournament on the 23rd.  All I do, all day, is paint and watch seasons of TV shows.  It took me 5 days to burn through all four seasons of Battlestar Galactica and now I am going through season one and two of Arrow.  After that, I may hit up Band of Brothers if I have time or need.

What I have left to paint are:
  • 8 Troupes with Embraces
  • 2 Skyweavers
  • 3 Starweavers
I knew I had fans!!!

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2015, 11:33:39 AM »
you shold be fine if you want my opinion ^^

• Global Moderator
« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2015, 01:05:28 PM »
Oh I know I will be lol.  The troupes shouldn't take me longer than two days, the bikes might take 3, and the transports might take 3.  I've really streamlined my whole process so it is pretty easy to burn through things now.

What had me worried is that I ran out of khorne red and eshin grey, two colours that are vital for the paint schemes.  Got some money in today so was able to get some replacements.
I knew I had fans!!!

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2015, 02:31:12 PM »
Hehe need to by some orange here i ear you ^^

• Global Moderator
« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2015, 12:50:01 AM »
Third squad of Troupes are complete.  I didn't rush it today as I wasn't feeling 100%, but still knocked these guys out in two days, leaving me 6 days of actual painting until the tournament.

Piece of cake!

The last two images have the first test model I did on the right.  There were some minor changes done to the colour scheme, but I think that the rest of the models complement the test scheme properly.
I knew I had fans!!!

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #56 on: May 17, 2015, 04:29:22 AM »
well even if i had a full painting day i don't think i would be able to paint a full squad of guardian you trully have my respect for you fast painting skills! Hope you will be able to bring us some pic from the tournament because that army will look stunnnig that's for sure !

• Global Moderator
« Reply #57 on: May 17, 2015, 01:20:48 PM »
At the very least I will try and snap some pictures of my game vs GBT
I knew I had fans!!!

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2015, 01:47:04 PM »
Cool can't wait to see and read it.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

• Global Moderator
« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2015, 11:17:51 PM »
Starweavers are done (more or less) done.  I missed some details which I didn't pick up until after I had taken the pictures, so I will touch those up tomorrow.  I am not that happy with how the windshield turned out, but can't be perfect on everything, especially when I am running out of blue paint now lol.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 11:19:36 PM by Grand Master Lomandalis »
I knew I had fans!!!