News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Warriors of Chaos Vs Orcs & Goblins 1000(ish) points  (Read 2423 times)

Offline Arquarian

• Infinity Circuit
  • all is dust...
Warriors of Chaos Vs Orcs & Goblins 1000(ish) points
« on: November 22, 2012, 06:12:45 PM »
So I'm getting back in to the fantasy side of things and had my first couple of games over the last couple of days. Against a new guy in my local GW who's collecting Orcs & Goblins.

not full battle reports I'm afraid but some pictures and a few notes.
(All taken from my blog...)

GAME 1
My first game in over 15 years so me and my opponent stumble through the rules.

• I thought I'd miscast a a lot more
  • Regenerate is awesome
  • Skullcrushers are tough as nails
  • Giants aren't that hard to kill
Skull crushers are so good their performance in the game actually stopped me buying more. 3 are good, 4 would be great but 6 would be overkill. (EDIT: I overheard guys in GW today talking about taking 9 + a lord!!)

Festus was really good as regen on my marauders really helped them stay in the game.

My marauders were my MVP unit as they saw of a giant, a flank change from spider riders and a unit of night goblins. (strangely they were charged again in the flank by the spider riders and saw them off again! they even took on the Giant as he flanked them)

It did help that my enemy's big unit of Big Un's (with the shaman hiding in it) failed their animosity for two turns in a row.

here's a few pictures I took in game...
(EDIT: having huge issues with the pictures on this site)

The Skullcrushers eye up the Orc Warboss and his Boar boys

After seeing off the Giant and repelling the Spider riders(you can see them running away centre right) the Marauders flank charge the night goblins. 2 guesses how that went...

Funny moments of the game on his side was 2 fanatics charging out of the night Goblins getting into great positions to do a lot of damage to both my Warriors and the Marauders only to spin in to each other and kill each other.

On my side the Giant charges my Warriors, my Lord strides out, puff outs his chest and completely fluffs his attacks not even wounding once.unfunny moments. Ryan not getting a Magic phase due to animosity frustrating for him.  When he does however casts Foot of Gork with irresistible Force and not scattering on to my warriors killing seven of them.  His shamen did however Detonate killing 5 Big Un's and himself :0)

Great introductory game will be playing him again tomorrow only I'll have a quite different list. 

GAME 2
Same enemy but I took a different list.  5 hastly glued marauder horses proxied for horsemen with flails.More marauders and not a single chaos warrior to be seen.  I also took a level 4 lore of shadow Sorcerer but Khorne is a jelous god and the winds of magic never blew better then a 6 for me all game.
here's the blog entry...
Second game today and I took 2 sorcerers. And in the early stages if the game did not proceed at full speed to bloodify everything and anything in my path.

To show his displeasure, Khorne made sure I never had an effective magic phase. Don't think I ever rolled more than 6 for the winds if magic. Khorne also made sure my juggernauts were ineffective.

I scraped the win due to my 40 marauders batting off anything that came near them. Giant, spider riders, fanatic.
As you can see (EDIT: again no pictures I'm afraid, You'll have to visit my blog until I get them sorted) I deployed a refused flank and all but one unit if warhounds went on my right flank. Blurred pic but on this flank I'm facing 20 boys, Orc chariot, Giant and 6 Boarboys with Orc Big Boss.
a lone unit of 5 warhounds holds my left flank though a large wood covers the flank of my main force. The wathound only job was to draw out the fanatics from the night goblins who you an see on the hill in the enemies centre field.  a large unit of 10 spider riders face the warhounds but don't really make an impact on he game

Turn 3 I manage to get a charge off against Ryans boar boys. I manage to win combat and run down his Big Boss! This unit then goes on to help kill a chariot and overun into the flank of he orc boys preventing their charge against my foot marauders. So they get this games MVP award.

The big nasty vortex spell (large template) Ryan cast took 3 wounds off my Skullcrushers (yes, I failed 3 I5 tests!!!). combined with 2 'Eadbutts ruined my skullcrushers day. I had high hopes for charging these guys in with beslubberless abandon but this did not happen and Khorne punished me.
Full and proper battle reports next time I promise.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 04:19:05 PM by Rummy »

Offline Heretek

• General Freyberg | Out, damn'd Grot! | Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
Re: Warriors of Chaos Vs Orcs & Goblins 1000(ish) points
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 01:20:08 AM »
I don't want to sound condescending or anything, but I assume you are hosting the pictures on a site like photobucket and uploading them from there?

Looks like a couple of great games, and I'd love to see a full battle report from you. We could use some more Fantasy content on the site.

Offline Arquarian

• Infinity Circuit
  • all is dust...
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 04:08:58 PM »
I don't want to sound condescending or anything, but I assume you are hosting the pictures on a site like photobucket and uploading them from there?

Looks like a couple of great games, and I'd love to see a full battle report from you. We could use some more Fantasy content on the site.

No worries. The pictures are hosted on my blogspot blog so that's why I'm having trouble with the links.  I guess you['re all going to have to visit the blog to see them  :-\

The games were a lot of fun and my oppo is also pretty new tot he game which is good for us both.   I'll write up a more formal bat rep next time.

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 04:24:54 PM »
If you put your blog link in your sig section people may go and see them that way. Throwing out numerous links within a post gets them deleted as driving traffic to your own site.
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.