News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 3k High Elves under the Brush  (Read 2087 times)

Offline Aislinn

• "If it bleeds, we can kill it"
3k High Elves under the Brush
« on: March 4, 2011, 05:23:39 AM »
So i have yet to come up with a fancy name for my High elves and whatnot, but I'll get to that later.  recently i have started to finally hunker down and start to make a very small dent in the paint schemes and actual painting of my High Elves.  so far I have definite paint schemes on my Dragon Princes, Shadow Warriors, and Archers.  however the rest of the stuff i am not quite sure on.  But i will figure it out as i go.  So, pictures will come next as i finish assembling some broken models and painting full squads. 
    I have a good portion of the shadow warriors done.  when i get all fifteen of them done i will take pics. and i have got 90% of the Dragon princes done, I just gotta put a few loose bits on and glue some other stuff then just pain em up and post those.  The main thing that i have recently started workin on is my archers.  i really like the dark green and reds in my army with silver and gold armour on units, but i wanted to jazz up my archers and mix it up with them since they don't really have armour.  So i decided to paint their robes black, and their shoes and quiver brown and the hair kinda a dirty blond with brown bows and green cloth and a red sash.  They look pretty snazzy with the gold and silver accents.  I just did a test on like one guy so when i get a whole unit of like the final highlights on i will post a pic of him so you all can see the interesting scheme, and then i will work on five and then ten and so on.  til i get the thirty or forty some archers i have done.  so many bows!!! 
     things to look forward to after i get those archers done or to break up the pace are: white lions, a hero on a great eagle, and a few heroes, and a noble, and two bolt throwers, maybe three eagles, and a dragon not sure about a rider yet so so far just the dragon.  so far that is all to expect.  When i get my camera charged i will put some photos on here.  then in a few weeks or so when i get some more progress i will update the photos and information.  the goal is to get some serious headway on this scary beast of 3,000 pts of high elves.
     Also, if anyone has questions on what colours used or anything like that, i am more than happy to answer.

"Their song shall die first!"

Offline Aislinn

Re: 3k High Elves under the Brush
« Reply #1 on: March 7, 2011, 05:54:17 PM »
Update: so this week i should have some pictures of the archers i am working on.  I will also put some other units up as well.  and when more gets done more will get put up :)

Offline The Black Dahlia Murder

• NRPH forever...
« Reply #2 on: March 8, 2011, 05:04:28 PM »
Would it be possible for you to get a group shot of your WHOLE army done soon? Maybe around Friday? ;)

I don't know about the dirty blond look. When I think of High Elves, I see them as really bright and shinny.

Offline Aislinn

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 03:54:53 AM »
my whole army i can, but they won't all be done that is for sure.  i can take a pic of all of them just so you can see how much i have.  i just got the camera charged so next thing i do will be pics for sure, and i got that first archer done so you can see that along with the various other paint schemes i have goin on.

Offline Aislinn

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 10:47:40 PM »
so here are the pics i have as of now:
  this is what i have put together.  i still have some archers, the dragon's rider and some extra parts to put on.  as well as replacing my three great eagles and assembling another bolt thrower.
  Shadow Warriors
<-- Dragon Princes
  Two White Lion units, and one with has Korhil of course
<-- Korhil
  Two mages
  Bolt Thrower no.1
  Dragon
<-- the archer unit i started painting (lemme know if you need a closer pic of the painted ones)
  Two other archer units

Offline The Black Dahlia Murder

• NRPH forever...
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 11:35:39 PM »
they look pretty good. It seems like Korhil's highlights are very white. The hair on the lion looks like you just used white for the highlights. But maybe the flash made if look like this. His hair looks great.

Plans for a base on the bolt throwers?

Offline Aislinn

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2011, 12:01:47 AM »
dude i hate that flash... esp for the one mage.  everything was coming out too white.  i am going to get more film for my old camera and have the pics saved to my flash drive so they will turn out better.
next thing i will do is finish that archer unit and paint it.  hen finish building some of the dragon princes and put together the other bolt thrower.  to answer the question tho: the base for the bolt thrower i am planning on making it darker than usual, maybe something like black primer for sure then  i will go from there.  maybe a red... or a green... idk.  i don't want any metallics except for maybe a few on details and the bolts themselves.
you got any ideas?

« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 12:06:11 AM by Aislinn »