News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Focke Wulf Guard  (Read 15815 times)

Offline The Black Dahlia Murder

• NRPH forever...
Focke Wulf Guard
« on: June 17, 2009, 03:06:29 PM »
Totally forgot I had these pics I took a while back. My Focke Wulf army will have a large amount of armor even though their specialty is urban and woods combat. I will try to add more fluff or something later on. My brain is totally out of it right now. I have a bunch of Guard tanks that are in the middle of stripping so that means in the next month or so. I do have ten brand new Leman Russes and two basilisks that are in the middle of being built.

Some quick pics of some Leman Russes that are being worked on:

« Last Edit: August 1, 2016, 10:24:50 AM by The Black Dahlia Murder »

Offline One Guy with a Meltagun

• C.A.S. - it's not just a transport, it's an AFV!
Re: Focke Wulf Guard
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 03:10:07 PM »
That knife on the battle-cannon...
Uhm, wouldn't a bigger blade look better?

Love the extra wiring on the searchlight, its a nice touch.

Questio: Why "Focke Wulf" Guard?

One Guy
It's easy to smile when you have a squirrel's intellect. - Dylan Moran

The 898th Cromaryn is now set loose on the Fiction board.

Chimera Appreciation Society - To you it's a Target, to us it's a lifestyle!

Tactica:Chimera

The Rapid Life of Rapid Fire - Mechanized Guard

Offline Meatshield

• Bloodpact+Civilians = Rivers of Blood
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 07:55:04 PM »
Yeah you really need a bigger blade on that tank barrel. Cool search light though.
When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

Offline Archon_Yggdrisil

• That....was METAL!
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 11:43:10 PM »
The force behind the blade makes up for it's small size. Always fear the little guy! I really like the searchlight as well. Good stuff.

Life is not measured by the moments in which we breath. Life is measured by the moments that take our breath away. -Carlin

• NRPH forever...
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 12:10:48 AM »
I am terrable at making up names for my 40k Armies. What I did was made a list with six names for this army. Rolled a D6 and this is what I got.

You know what they say about guys and huge cars, the car makes up for something else ;) Wait, did I just diss my own army?

Thanks a bunch guys.

Offline Archon_Yggdrisil

• That....was METAL!
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2009, 01:31:37 AM »
I am terrable at making up names for my 40k Armies. What I did was made a list with six names for this army. Rolled a D6 and this is what I got.

You know what they say about guys and huge cars, the car makes up for something else ;) Wait, did I just diss my own army?

Thanks a bunch guys.

Quite the opposite actually. The small blade means that you're quite comfortable and confident about your something else. You don't need a big knife to prove anything.

Life is not measured by the moments in which we breath. Life is measured by the moments that take our breath away. -Carlin

Offline Mr.Tanks

• Grot
  • Lord Despot of Dakka.
  • Armies: The Brave & Noble Albion 212th Imperial Guard
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2009, 07:16:48 PM »
But Focke-Wulf was an aero company, what the hell has that got to do with tanks?

Also, what is the point of a bayonet on a battle cannon? A tank wouldn't exactly forego shooting to charge up to someone to run a blade into them, we have tank tracks for that.

Love the searchlight though.
What I cannot crush with words, I shall crush with the tanks of the Imperial Guard!

• NRPH forever...
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2009, 11:07:04 PM »
The bayonet is an inside joke about when I rammed an Ork Warboss with that Leman Russ. It almost killed him. One of my friends said if the Leman Russ had a bayonet on it, the Warboss would be done for.

Focke-Wulf merged with Weserflug in the 1960's so they are kinda still around. I have been thinking about this other name for them but for now, its going to be Focke-Wulf. No one even knows what Focke-Wulf even is at my local GW. Some Redshirt thought its some kind of candy bar.

For those who heard and or read my reson why I haven't been really working on these guys, I finally went down there and worked on these guys for a large amount of today. Here are a few pics of what I got done.

Heres a W.I.P Iron Hand I was working on a year or so ago. I might re-strip him and re-paint him. What do you guys think?

« Last Edit: August 1, 2016, 01:51:48 PM by The Black Dahlia Murder »

• NRPH forever...
« Reply #8 on: July 5, 2009, 12:27:04 PM »
Grey Knights. I don't know if I will keep them in this force. For now, they are fire support for the Guard.

But they are now gone and I deleted the pictures by mistake,
« Last Edit: August 1, 2016, 09:57:25 AM by The Black Dahlia Murder »

• NRPH forever...
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2009, 10:45:11 PM »
Not that much of a update but some stuff to keep this thread afloat.

^Heavy stubber with gun shield. Those gunners need as much protection as possable. All of the tanks will have either a heavy stubber or storm bolter on them. Fluff wise, they are to hold off enemy infantry that might come to close to the tank. During WWII, the German Elefant lacked a machine gun or any secondary armament, making it vulnerable to attack by infantry. I do not want that to happen to my tanks.^

^Leman Russ being upgraded with heavyier armor. When enemy anti-tank teams are above or close to you, every inch of armor counts.^

^Guess what is happening with this turret^

^Chimera side skirts. Even better in person than in real life. My local game shop now carries FW stuff. This is going to be so much easier and faster to buy FW items. Don't have to pay for shipping either :) Big problem with these skirts is that they seem kind of spread out. Might have to cut them apart or something. Those pegs on the rear of the skirts will be fun to sand off.^

^The middle lasgun came with a Salamander. Looks like a bolter...kind of.^

^Found ten Stormtroopers in the used GW model bin at the same local game store that carrys FW stuff. All ten for $20. Came with two plasma guns. Yes, they will be stripped.^

« Last Edit: August 3, 2016, 10:59:15 PM by The Black Dahlia Murder »

Offline Jehan-Reznor

• The Dude in Japan
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2009, 04:43:01 AM »
the bajonet is damn funny, so all the ommanders will have german names like Her Flick and his little tank?
"this can't be happening, Man!"
my projects;
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=169427.0 budhhist space marines
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=163611.0 Doombringer my space marine chapter
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=150109.0 Hello Kitty Space Marine Army

• NRPH forever...
« Reply #11 on: November 9, 2009, 09:34:35 PM »

^Bashed up dozer blade.^

^My stand in/proxi models for Sisters Repentias. I like the rules for them but I don't like the models and how much they cost. I am still writing up fluff for them.^

« Last Edit: August 3, 2016, 11:00:01 PM by The Black Dahlia Murder »

• NRPH forever...
« Reply #12 on: December 1, 2009, 02:52:55 PM »
These are not really Focke Wulf Guard but for now, this is a combined Guard force for now. There is nothing wrong with renforcements. Hopefully I will get a valk or two for Christmas and or my birthday.

I need to call Forge World to get some replacement arms for a few miscasted arms.

• NRPH forever...
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2010, 12:41:34 PM »
Three more Elysians.

My painting 'tutor' was free and we got some more work done as you can see.

W.I.P Emplacement

I am trying to think what else to do with the emplacement. I am going to add a side hatch or two from the Leman Russ kit. Maybe add some extra armor or a vision slit. I will add camo netting for sure.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 12:44:04 PM by Der schwarze Dahlie-Mord »

• NRPH forever...
« Reply #14 on: April 6, 2010, 12:20:43 PM »
Gun emplacement:

Might have to take better pics. Any suggestions to make it better?
« Last Edit: August 3, 2016, 11:09:31 PM by The Black Dahlia Murder »

Offline tryanotherone - smurfernating

• SPAMMER: I swear I am not an ad-bot!
  • Pray hard - life is short!
« Reply #15 on: April 6, 2010, 04:01:18 PM »
Nice emplacement.

I might steal the idea.  :)

Any tips or tricks for building?

try
Taking a very long break.

The Rumour Mill - bending the fabric of time and space

Remember Brimstone - legends live forever

• NRPH forever...
« Reply #16 on: April 6, 2010, 06:25:17 PM »
My friend's dad works with wood and I had him cut a block of wood with a buzz saw at an angle. He drilled the hole. I sanded it a touch to smooth it out. Added plastic card on the sides then the extra hatch in the back, the eagles and for the windows was just some scrap plastic card I cleaned up a tad.

Offline VoodooTiger

« Reply #17 on: April 9, 2010, 01:48:20 AM »
Looking good.  What're the colors you used for the Elysian's armor?  I've been looking to do something similar to that, but haven't been able to find the right color and highlight.

• NRPH forever...
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2010, 09:42:28 AM »
I think it was a darker gray then highlighted with codex gray. The guy who helped me (a lot) is away in Iraq for a few months. I will ask him in my next email I send him.

Nothing special in this update. Just some new angels on the Demolisher's rear armor (so far) and another, hopefully better angel on the Eradicator's turret extra armor. I am going for an all day painting/building day with my friends on Saturday so I will have more photos of my work. #1 on my list is finishing up the side skirts on one of my leman russes.

« Last Edit: August 3, 2016, 11:11:10 PM by The Black Dahlia Murder »

• NRPH forever...
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2010, 10:22:37 PM »
Gez. I suck. Almost a year and I haven't done hardly anything. Here is just a few things I can show off. Other than this, it's only semi-done bitz and armor half done.

Thunder made into Destroyer

Used an earthshaker barrel and tissue soaked in white glue with a tad of water for the brown cover. I might strip the tank, use a metal barrel, and re-paint the tank the same colors but with an airbrush. Thinking about using the old box hunter killer rocket on this sexy baby. Put the rest of the track guards on it. Camo netting is needed for sure.
« Last Edit: August 1, 2016, 10:21:21 AM by The Black Dahlia Murder »