News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Guardians [shooting at marines]  (Read 210 times)

Offline Pathofskulls

Guardians [shooting at marines]
« on: October 25, 2005, 07:23:48 AM »
question about the guardians, if you have your squad of guardians out on the field in close combat with space marines, and its ur turn is there any point in attacking them, if you attack them and over half of your shots hit the targets and say theres only five space marines is that enough to actually kill them or was it a wasted effort ???
« Last Edit: October 25, 2005, 07:31:35 AM by Rasmus »

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
Re: Guardians [shooting at marines]
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2005, 07:33:35 AM »
You cannot shoot into close combat, so if your guardians are in close-combat with the marines you are not allowed to shoot at them under normal circumstances. If you are able to (say, shooting at non-engaged marines) then five Eldar shooting, ten shoots, five hitting and 2 wounding should result in a kill, making the combat a bit easier for the squad involved. They cannot shoot though, as they are involved in the combat.

If you care to elaborate on your question I am sure we can come up with a better answer for you, since your question is a bit weirdly forumlated.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline GuardiansRock

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: Guardians [shooting at marines]
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2005, 09:45:59 AM »
It's never a wasted effort if you get the chance to shoot.  I've rolled 40 dice before that only resulted in 3 dead marines, but hey, that's 3 less attacks per turn in the CC that's about to begin.  When guardians get in CC, they're going to be taking enough wounds that they're usually bound to lose the combat and have a 33% chance of running.  Any attacks that you can take away from your enemy bring you that much closer to a drawn combat.