News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Look ma! No wires!  (Read 942 times)

Offline - Aegis -

Look ma! No wires!
« on: December 19, 2007, 09:10:01 PM »
This is the epic yet too-vague-for-a-battle-report tale of a 3k game between Eldar and Tau. It's redeemed by pretty pictures and a good "wow" moment at the end.

The armies face off. There's alot of Tau... Alot. The Eldar collectively crap their space pants. Good thing they were designed for that.

(I'm the eldar player, so I can get away with saying that)

The Eldar make some strong moves in the beginning, but to little effect. The warp spider gambit (meant to deploy behind the most expensive tank and blow it up) failed miserably. Here, the lone Exarch (the last warp spider standing) faces off against the Tau Super Heavy Hammerhead On Crack. The victor was pretty predictable.

Things began to look pretty grim from there for the Eldar. As far as worst case scenarios go, being surrounded by 3000 points of concentrated Tau Firepower while they simultaneously begin holding the objective is about as bad as it can get...

However, through a series of brilliant moves and lucky shots, the Eldar bounce back. Note the many smoking hulks. Sure, the Eldar have some too, but the Tau started with alot more tanks than they have now.

Eldar Mobility ties up the remaining forces before they can reach the newly Eldar-claimed objective...

And HERE'S the MONEY SHOT. The Tau, in a last ditch effort, disembark a unit of firewarriors directly on top of the objective!

(Hey look ma, no wires!)

The secret: never glue your back hatch closed.

Anyways, in the end the Eldar won, brown stains and all. Vive la Space Elves!

Victories: ∞
Draws: 1
Losses: -24

Offline Kiefatar

• ...and Margarita Shooters!
Re: Look ma! No wires!
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 10:54:18 PM »
Hell, that second picture alone is Awsome! a plethora of suits standing infront of a line of Hammerheads...  bestirs my heart!
The Flan of Victory! Delicious!

For all your Ork Needs! -
http://www.40konline.com/mos/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=861&topic=155110.0

40K Online Campaign - Despoiler Organizer
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=162397.0

Offline Siege_TF

• Lazerous Penguin
  • *Slurp* I mean... *Sip*
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2007, 12:15:24 AM »
Tau superheavy hammerhead on crack...

What's Tau for "What in the Greater Good's name is that THING?" :-X
Onager 
/ˈänəjər
/Noun
An animal of a race of the Asian wild ass (Equus hemionus onager) native to northern Iran.

In other words GW are calling Tau players wild asses for wanting a melee suit option.

Offline DammageInc

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2007, 02:32:41 AM »
One of the advantages of tau in apoc is our only really expensive things are fliers, and are thus difficult to destroy, an opponent with 1-3 heavy AT squads has a lot of trouble trying to make a deployment decision when I bring 11 tanks under 200 points to the table :)

Btw, nice shots, thinking of getting a "real camera" just for game reports, my 2mp phone camera sucks :/
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 02:33:53 AM by DammageInc »

Offline yeknomajnin

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 11:28:35 PM »
The really big tau tank is called the Sandshark.  It's still a work in progress but it's my VDR baby.  I can post steps on how to make it but unfortunantly unless I can figure out how to get pics from my phone on to the computer there won't be any pics to go with it.  Its just a marvelously fun thing to play with and it makes orks cry.

Offline Ion

• 10 shots, one kill.
    • Ion's 40k Blog
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2007, 01:27:40 PM »

What's Tau for "What in the Greater Good's name is that THING?" :-X

Something along the lines of "Hellz yeah!"