News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: question about weapon types  (Read 484 times)

Offline Kimster

question about weapon types
« on: August 27, 2007, 03:02:07 AM »
I read once again the rulebook, but something i don't understand:

1/ you have ordanance weapons, mostley stated apart in the weapon summary of an army, but then you have blast weapons and barrage weapons. Both use a blast marker but how can you racognize at the weapon summary of an army that it's a blast weapon (don't need to scatter) or an barrage weapon (need to scatter)?

2/ did i understand it right and is it so that all barrage weapons are pinning weapons too?

Offline Noble

• Everybody else was doing it...
Re: question about weapon types
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 05:47:32 AM »
I don't think this is really the right place but...

I believe barrage weapons have a G## in the summary for range, the G signifying guess which is now barrage. If you aren't sure, you could just remember which weapons in your army are or aren't barrage, or look up the full rules.

And if you read the rule book (of course you should have done so first...) it really answers both of your questions. Yes they cause pinning, but next time go look up the rule book yourself, don't be lazy, I have homework to do, and this is a waste of my time. If you don't have one, get one.

Offline ESHARP

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 07:07:15 AM »
Regarding Tyranids, you have only two choices that uses the barrage rules and they use both use spore mines.

Offline Kimster

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2007, 02:16:54 PM »
I read the rulebook but there is not stated how they are mentioned in the army summaries. i printed all summaries to know somethin about my ennemies, so it wasn't because of being lazy  :o I don't want my enemy to use a weapon the wro,g way so i got shot up by a marker that he normally had to scatter.  >:(