News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Hive Fleet Samoa  (Read 410 times)

Offline Germ

Hive Fleet Samoa
« on: March 16, 2008, 10:34:12 AM »
So far i've won about 2 games out of five and suffice  to say i've learned a few things.
Nids+Eldar vs Orks Loss
Nids+Orks vs Space Marines and Eldar Win
Nids vs Eldar draw
Nids vs Orks Loss
Nids vs Space Marines Win

1) Termaguants  seem to be average to me, they tend to shoot kill a few, charge kill a few then die.

2) Hive Tyrants 6+ invul save isnt going to save you from power fists :'(.

3) Ravenors when deep striking don't seem to do much or have a big impact in general.

4) People like to shoot big things like an expensive Hive Tyrant.

5) Skimmers are a problem as i can no longer hide things behind terrain.

6) A nid army without rending is a hard one to play

7) While nids can set out an impressive number of decent strength shots, for me atleast, most won't hit.

8) Always remember living ammunition.

9) Carnifex's last a while just with 5 wounds

10) Having a 12' assualt is priceless when you see your  oppenants face.

11) In the right conditions you want to go second turn wise.

12) If you charge a unit and you aren't winning by the end of the assualt phase you probably won't win that fight.

13) The amount of templates nids can put out is alarmind to many.

14) Orks+Flamers= Alot of dead nids

15) Hormagaunts are good, however, they are spectaculars if given toxin sacs.

Hq
Hive Tyrant- 216points
-Bioplasma
-Toxin Sacs
-Warp Field
-Winged
-Warp Blast
-2x Scything Talons

Elites

143 pts (2 broods)- 286

Warriors-(3)34=102
Enhanced Senses
Toxin Sacs
 Dev.
Scything Talons
Extended Carpace

Warrior-(1) 41
Enhanced Senses
Toxin Sacs
 Barbed Strangler
Scything Talons

Fast Attack

Ravenor-(2)50=100
Scything Talons and Rending Claws
Devourers

Heavy Support

Zoanathropes-(2)65=130
Warp Blast
Synapse

Carnifex-(2)153=306
Enhanced Senses
Venom Cannon
Devs.
Reinforced Chitin

Troops

(2 brood= 228)
Guants-(19)6=114
Fleshborer

Hormaguants-(20)12=240
Toxin Sacs

Changes

1) I'm thinking of taking out a brood of Termaguants To help pay for another 20 nid brood of hormaguants

2)I will also need to take out the ravenors as well giving me some extra points

Ravenors are giving me trouble but i think im going to give them another try, however, im not going to deepstrike them.
I'm thinking of running them by the hormaguants as a one two punch of sorts.

I was wondering  what you as more expierenced tyranid players feel what i should to do change my army, also i plan on expanding it to 2000 pts soon, i'll say more on that topic later as i have to go now.

Thanks in advance.

Offline Sanctjud

• No one cares about Sanctjud's post count | Infinity Circuit
  • Absolute Chaos and SOLAR PUPPY
Re: Hive Fleet Samoa
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 11:35:28 AM »
Keep the ravenors... just run them next to the hormaguants...

The opponent will have to decide, 'waste' shots at the SINGLE unit of ravenor, or the hormaguant horde... and then they both hit combat, you'll get a few rending attacks, and some shots beforehand if you don't need the fleet.

1) Termigaunts are average, because they are average... average shooting, average CC, average cost.

2) It's better than nothing, but really, you take warp field for the flying 2+ save...

3) The only major impact would be (if you are lucky with rolling low for reserves or the enemy has few fast units) that they can deepstrike into 'safe' areas to hold/constest quarters, zones, tokens, objectives.  Otherwise, NO to deepstrike in an offensive role.

4) Yes, people like to shoot at the Hive Tyrant... why? Because it's a Flying MC... and because it's expensive only makes them try harder... you should minimize the LoS to the Tyrant, cover hop.

5) Well, if you get sniperfexes, they'll most likely be silenced for half the game.

6) Well, the zilla lists are doing fine...but that's a different thread, hehe.

7) Well, shooting for nids is still good, much like orks, if the list is built for shooting, they can 'outshoot' the generally shooty armies like IG and Tau.

8 ) Yes.

9) Yes they are tough.

10) Yea, but just don't charge ahead of synapse, it might turn out badly.

11) Every armies dependent on the mission will have or not have the choice in going first or second, and basically both have pro's and con's, you just have to decide which outweights the other at that point in time.

12) Yea, but like most initial charges, those little guys are NOT supposed to win fights, they are supposed to be in synapse and hold the enemy, while the Tyranids advance the big guys to do actual dmg.

13) Yes, lots of templates...but I just don't see many people do it, if you are suggesting the shooty warriors.

14) Meh, it's the 12 inch charge that's golden, anything else is a personal choice.

My 7 Cents.
If you meet a bear named Sanctjud in the tavern, don't get into his van for candy.  I did once....it's sticky, salty, and really not very nice. :(
Raptor Jesus will get you Tangi... oh he will.