News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: how to get from nothing to this  (Read 588 times)

Offline Je[st]er

• greets Asphix
how to get from nothing to this
« on: February 21, 2008, 02:15:44 PM »

i've made a list for 2k (that's what i want to be able to field at the end, so that i won't buy to many un nescecery stuff) please give me some pointers on how to get there and stuff so i know what i'm doin right and wrong :)

Hive tyrant   
-Winged   
-Adrenal glands      
-Warp field                              
-Toxin Sacs              
-2x Scything Talons                

(x5) warriors            
-adrenal glands   
-Flesh Hooks                   
-Toxin Sacs   
-Winged      
-Rending Claws                  
-Scything Talons   

(tactic is to flank with these, taking out tanks with the flyrant and heavy weapon squads with the warriors. warriors are also there to make sure the flyrant wont get locked in combat with some low life creatures)

Broodlord    
-Extended Carapace                          
-Flesh hooks                        
-Toxin sacs              

(x9) genestealer   
-flesh hooks            
-Toxin sacs   
-Extended carapace          

(tactic: infiltrate near the flank of the flyers and make that side yours to dominate)

(2x3) warriors   
-Extended Carapace   
-Toxin Sacs                    
-Enhanced Senses                          
- T/L Death spitters                          

(3x) 20 Hormogaunt   
-Adrenal glands   

(x2) ravaners   
- rending claws/scything talons   
-devourer   

(tactic: going straight through the middle and get in CC as soon as possible, warriors are there for the synapse and little fire support)

Carnifex   
-Enhanced Senses    
-Extended Carapace
-Barbed strangler                  
-Venom Canon                       

(x2) zoanthropes   
- warp blast   
(tactic: take out the heavy support on the other flank and soak up some heavy weapon  fire from opponent with the carnifex)

total 1979

also help me to make this list a nice working list, i dont want any gargoyles or boring gungaunts in the army, i am willing to switch the genestealers for other units since i don’t like painting these CC monsters. I want to keep the theme of the army assaulty but i think thats kind of obvious ;) thanks for all the help!! Apreciated!

Offline Hive Node

• What would happen if a gargoyle had air sickness?
Re: how to get from nothing to this
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008, 11:23:17 PM »
1. Loos the devourers on the Raveners, as they will be in combat before you have a chance to shoot, its basically a big waste of points.

2. IMO don't twin-link the devourers, give one Warrior on one team a Barbed Strangler, and one warrior on the other team a Venom Cannon, instead of twin linking, give them Rending Claws so they can hold their own in combat.

3. IMO I also think that you have too much of a close-combat orientated force, which is fine if that is what you're going for, but in my experience they don't tend to do so well, and i'm sure lot of the other memebers would agree with me, instead of having those three big hormagaunt broods, maybe make one into a Devgaunt brood with toxin sacs. or just make a straight-up bare bone brood of termagaunts, or spinegaunts.

4. I think that flesh hooks are a big waste on most things, unless you have a board with alot of vertical terrain, also I would say the toxin sacs on the broodlord and genestealers may be a waste of points, as you should be waiting in cover for a good time to rush out and rend the opposition to bits.

thats about all I can see, though if I were you I would also give your zoanthropes synapse creature so that it can stick with those hormagaunts and keep them well rounded.

Anyone have anything else to add?
If you are reading this, you must be having fun. Right?

Offline Je[st]er

• greets Asphix
Re: how to get from nothing to this
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 05:27:28 AM »
yesterday i went to my GW store and i got to hear that i can't order the hormagaunts seperatly so i'm going to drop them anyhow. and i am aiming for the CC force 'cus that really really really appeals to me. It's IMO the coolest theme. so now i'll probably get an genestealer force with scutlers. nidzilla lists also appeals to me but the amount of fexes is to expensive for me i think. and i also like the lictor and ravaner models so i want to include them in the list aswel.. but i want to start out with a 500 pts army so what models will be the basics fo rthis army? genestealers with lord as HQ, genestealer squad with scutlers, zoas? ravaners? lictors? thnx for the big help