News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: "All" Genestealer armylist 1500pts  (Read 767 times)

Offline DizzArchAngel

"All" Genestealer armylist 1500pts
« on: June 30, 2006, 05:04:49 PM »
Hq:
Broodlord (dont know what to put on him havent bought codex yet... :(
w/ 6 Stealers all with Sything Talons and extended Carapace 214

Troops:
5 squads of 10 Stealers with Extended Carapace and Scything Talons

Total: 1414 (left points open for upgrades on Broodlord)

any ideas?
Current Deathwing Stats 8-1-2

Offline Chuckles, The Space Marine Clown

• Can't Touch This; Captain; Swarmlord - Tyranid Sweatshop Operator; 40KO's Official WMD; "No American orphans, please"
  • Ancient
  • I kill, maim and torture because I care
Re: "All" Genestealer armylist 1500pts
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 05:07:31 PM »
You need some support with ranged weapons fire. Stealers are fast, and you have a fair few of them, so you could probably drop any tanks you face eventually, but a lot of stealers would die first, and they're expensive. Drop a few stealers and replace with perhaps a few zoanthropes.

Frankly, the idea of an army made solely of genestealers is disturbing, depending on what enemy you face. Against Necrons... *shivers with glee*
The forum rules are fair and just. *twitch*

Offline DizzArchAngel

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 06:46:15 PM »
what would you make the armylist look like?

• Can't Touch This; Captain; Swarmlord - Tyranid Sweatshop Operator; 40KO's Official WMD; "No American orphans, please"
  • Ancient
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2006, 06:51:36 PM »
I wouldn't change much, since genestealers are an excellent infantry unit for what they do. What they don't do however, is shoot, so I'd drop scything talons from the stealers and use the spare points to invest in some Zoanthropes.

Scyhing talons make your stealers too good considering the unit size. When you get into combat you will probably produce a lot of rending hits. With talons you'll increase the number, and possibly wipe the enemy out that turn. You will then be stuck in the open, waiting to get shot a lot.

Offline DizzArchAngel

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2006, 07:15:01 PM »
i was thinking just drop a squad of stealers... makes 240 points of room... how many thropes should i include?

Because the talons are a great investment 4 attacks in an assault in squads of 10 making 40 attacks a squad.. would be sick....

Offline Homun

• My flying carnifex rocks!
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2006, 07:22:25 PM »
1200pts = 60 genestealers/w carapace.
300pts to go oh lordy.

Over expensive stealers don't work well since you have less of them. Anyways you get enough attacks on the charge as it is.  ;D
10,000+ points of space marines
3,000 points of stinky nurgle
2,000 points of nids
2,000 points of necron

• Ancient
« Reply #6 on: July 1, 2006, 02:38:59 AM »
i was thinking just drop a squad of stealers... makes 240 points of room... how many thropes should i include?

Because the talons are a great investment 4 attacks in an assault in squads of 10 making 40 attacks a squad.. would be sick....
As I said, they are too good. Against most units, 40 rending attacks will decimate them more or less instantly. With genestealers you want the combat to last through into their turn and then end, so that you can then move again in your turn without getting shot at.

Offline D. Dan Devious

« Reply #7 on: July 1, 2006, 01:22:40 PM »
I like the idea of an all stealer army, but as others pointed out the lack of long range weaponry could really suck, given lack of cover and all that good stuff.... thropes are a good idea but they are pretty fragile as well.  Maybe supplement with a gunfex or two, they could easily be modelled to look more stealer like... that way you could add some firepower that would be hard to take down.  What they really need to do is revise and bring out more rules for they stealer cults, if only so I can model a bada$$ armored limo.  word.

DDD