News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: A letter to Games Workshop on the Drukhari  (Read 3301 times)

Offline faitherun (Fay-ith-er-run)

• Armies: Pointy Ears and bugs
A letter to Games Workshop on the Drukhari
« on: September 27, 2017, 06:47:45 AM »
A group of us on another forum have been working on a letter to GW. It outlines our thoughts and hopes for what we might see in the DE dex.

I have heard some rumors that all the Eldar will be combined in one, and some fairly good indications that is not the case... either way, we have put this together in the hopes we can have some influence.

For those of you interested, the doc can be found here.
A letter to Games Workshop on the Drukhari - Google Docs

At the moment, it is set so anyone can comment, but once it goes out in full on this Friday, it will be changed to view only. If anyone sees any grammar or syntax errors, feel free to edit.

Thanks
So, what your saying is it's not your fault you look stupid by using words you don't get?
Flawless logic.

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Re: A letter to Games Workshop on the Drukhari
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 08:07:46 AM »
Dark Eldar are pretty good right now. I don't really think they need an intervention. Considering the trend of all the other codex's we've had come out so far, special rule, rules and points tweaks are coming. Just a matter of waiting for them.

Also, I highly doubt we'll see the special characters who never had models come back. The Codex which'll come out will (like Grey Knights, Ad Mech, CSM) probably not contain any new models.

Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 08:14:32 AM »
Imperial guard are pretty good too - they are getting a new book and I am willing to bet new models etc.

That being said, this is simply a list or issues we as DE players see and would love to see addressed. It probably wont happen, but hey - we can try can't we?

As to them having units that don't have models - they flat out won't do that. It's a company policy now after some legal issues with the assault squad and evisorators a few years back... If anything, that is what will delay the release of the codex.

I do agree, we are in a decent place, and definitely better than we have been since we first launched. But there is still room for improvement.
So, what your saying is it's not your fault you look stupid by using words you don't get?
Flawless logic.

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 01:19:42 PM »
I don't think the Imperial Guard will be getting any new models. Just the book and then their data cards.

Don't get me wrong, they might splash a new kit or clam pack, but the current trend is existing factions are just getting books, and as quickly as possible. But, the horde of characters who were only in that one Dark Eldar book, I'll be surprised to see return. I do expect a new Vect model at some point, especially as the narrative continues. Vect has some serious issues with the new Ynnari faction, and also has to deal with the Daemonic invasion of the dark city following the gathering storm part 2.

Dark Eldar (and all non-codex books), will be getting some updates in Chapter Approved, so you could easily see some points tweaks in that book. Wont be a huge overall (probably just points changes), but that could be nice to tide folks over until the codex comes out.

Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 05:07:55 PM »
Wyches... having them boosted so they can deal with marines will make them that much better against other T3 armies, especially with AP modifiers. Eldar have a number of units which are only good against T3 armies, if you want CC marine killers take incubi. I

I would agree with boosting their ability to lock thing into combat.

You might want to change "significant point drop" to a point drop range. eg drop by 5-8 points.

Raiders and Venoms is a tricky one, it feels more like a well placed restriction to stop DE from being an overwhelming force...

I would sugget alot of those changes, if GW were going to do them, would be held back until codex release. If they gave all that to you guys now, then they would have to get Matt Ward in to write your next codex.

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2017, 08:55:53 PM »
Lol fair points - and this is indeed supposed to be for the codex release.

Raiders and Venoms is a tricky one, it feels more like a well placed restriction to stop DE from being an overwhelming force...

Do you think that Eldar, SM, and all the other armies that can take HQ's in their transports are overwhelming? I am not sure how us being able to add our rather mediocre HQ's into a raider would really make that much of a difference...
Flawless logic.