News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Back after a 'Short' Absence  (Read 2914 times)

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
Re: Back after a 'Short' Absence
« Reply #20 on: May 4, 2022, 08:21:14 PM »
I want these more than I want my next breath.

Offline Sir_Godspeed

• Lazerous Penguin
  • "Bees. My God" was an obscure Batman quote.
« Reply #21 on: May 5, 2022, 06:50:30 PM »
Does anyone know what it's place is in the force organization chart? Is it Fast Attack or something else? It seems like A LOT of surfaces and detail to paint if this is like a squad of five and kind of a throaway unit or something.

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #22 on: May 5, 2022, 08:21:24 PM »
Does anyone know what it's place is in the force organization chart? Is it Fast Attack or something else? It seems like A LOT of surfaces and detail to paint if this is like a squad of five and kind of a throaway unit or something.

No Idea. I assume it's a fast attack, due to being a bike.  It's pretty big, I imagine it'll be like a Primaris ATV, or Ork buggie. A vehicle, which can be taken as single, or a squad of 3.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
« Reply #23 on: May 6, 2022, 08:51:37 AM »
That guy has a LOT of boxes and gear on that bike. Hopefully some of it is useful in some way and it isn't just, like, his spare dwarf undies or whatever. A model that nice with just what looks like a heavy stubber is maybe a bit underwhelming on the tabletop. But who knows?

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
« Reply #24 on: May 6, 2022, 10:23:00 AM »
That guy has a LOT of boxes and gear on that bike. Hopefully some of it is useful in some way and it isn't just, like, his spare dwarf undies or whatever. A model that nice with just what looks like a heavy stubber is maybe a bit underwhelming on the tabletop. But who knows?

On the stream, they called the gun on the bike a cannon of some kind (forget if it was Ion Cannn, Autocannon, Pulse Cannon), so will probably have some kick, and she is also armed with some kind of Boltgun in her hand as well.

But yeah, entirely speculation on what the rules will look like.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

• Ancient
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2022, 03:52:48 PM »
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/08/31/new-leagues-of-votann-rules-debut-in-todays-must-see-battle-report/

Games Workshop has a battle report with the Leauges of Votaan up on their Warhammer TV app, but (at the link I shared above), they made an article on their community page showcasing some of the rules (first look at that).

Gotta say, I really like the Eye of the Ancestors ability they have as their faction rule. Putting grudge tokens when they do things which make the space dwarves angry is just a great way to represent them as Dwarves-in-Space and their grudges.

The models and faction seem to have deviated a lot from the Squats of the past, but the models do look really cool (besides the Cython Berserks, they just don't seem to do it for me), looking forward to seeing them in person.

I won't be collecting them myself, as I've reached my quota of 3 armies, but maybe I'll sell one to collect these guys.

What do you folks think of the Leauges reveals so far?
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline Sir_Godspeed

• Lazerous Penguin
  • "Bees. My God" was an obscure Batman quote.
« Reply #26 on: September 1, 2022, 03:52:12 PM »
I think they're neat! The Grimnyr is the one that stood the most out to me as kinda ill-fitting, but after seeing a 3D rotation of it, it grew on me.

I'm kinda digging the lore too. They have a more conventional scifi background, but in a way I feel fits to 40k. Sort of a last holdout of the "Dark Age of Technology".

If the rest of 40k is Dune, then the Votann are kinda Foundation - if that makes ANY kind of sense.

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
« Reply #27 on: September 1, 2022, 11:41:20 PM »
If the rest of 40k is Dune, then the Votann are kinda Foundation - if that makes ANY kind of sense.

Don't cross the streams.  ;)

I'm not a huge fan of the models but am interesting in the story so will get the book when around it.
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline Calamity

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #28 on: September 2, 2022, 11:03:31 AM »
These new squats, I’m literally putting money aside for them.  Can’t wait!  ;D

• Ancient
« Reply #29 on: September 2, 2022, 11:22:15 AM »
I'm also interested to see how they expand in future releases. I think at least one guy in my club will collect them, so I look forward to seeing the models.

Might get a grimnyr, just to paint, that's my favourite model they showcased. It does feel odd seeing magic dwarves, but it's good to separate them from fantasy.
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline Wyddr

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #30 on: September 2, 2022, 05:20:52 PM »
I think they look great - distinct, but also fitting into the setting very well. Love them!

Offline Calamity

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #31 on: September 3, 2022, 08:11:50 AM »
They’re basically a glimpse into humanity during the dark age of technology, something I’ve always been fascinated by.

Offline Blazinghand

• Warlock | Master of the Ravenwing
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Die for the Emperor or die trying!
  • Armies: Eldar, Orks
« Reply #32 on: September 7, 2022, 12:59:38 AM »
I like the grudge theming in the rules! I'm still not into the bike models but the infantry look good to me. All I need are some beard extensions and I'd be ready to go...
Quote from: Howard Zinn
There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.

Offline Wyddr

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2022, 09:32:24 AM »
I saw the new weapon rules and...ughhh.

1) There is just no reason for HunTR rules to exist. None. I know they're simple, but it's just ANOTHER thing to explain.

2) Great, more things that ignore invul saves. Just what we needed.  ::)

3) Beam weapons sound fun, but are too powerful, also. Cover? Pointless again.

I keep to my steady refrain: shooting too powerful, cover too weak. 

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2022, 02:18:49 PM »
The HunTR took me a little while to fully understand.  It's assault that can't advance and shoot.  Honestly, I'm fine with it.  The big gun ignoring invulnerable saves... again, not as big of a concern as I think people are making it out to be.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...