News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Redemptionists  (Read 1533 times)

Offline SparqMan

• Pimpmaster General
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Read the Codex.
    • The Daily Jolt
Redemptionists
« on: October 8, 2002, 06:36:09 PM »
How do you SB players use the new Redemptionist units to best effect?

Offline Tobab816

• Chaos Warmaster, Promoter of Deathball!
Re:Redemptionists
« Reply #1 on: October 8, 2002, 06:51:16 PM »
New? has there been any since CA?

*goes to check through white dwarfs*
Deathball, the new game of bloody basketball, 40k style!

+++Excerpt from Last Chaos/Space marine game, commentator: Inquisitor Khalheed "The Purgator" Qhor, Ex-Deathball player+++

Chaos vs Space Marine grudgematch today ended 23-19 when Brother Grazieel decimated the chaos team with a heavy bolter.

Afterwards the Chaos Coach Zhuriel the Damned stated "If we weren't ideologically in favor of cheating we'd complain about this""
+++End of transmission+++

Offline Scars

• Warning: He bites
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Spooky! Shocking!
    • Progressive Labour Party
« Reply #2 on: October 8, 2002, 07:26:51 PM »
when using redemptionists use big blocks of them and have them lead by a missionary or confesser. Take as many heavy bolters as you can afford but apart from that just leave them with mob weapons.
'The genius of you Americans is that you never make clear-cut stupid moves, only complicated stupid
moves'
- Abd al-Nasir
Progressive Labour Party

Offline Tobab816

« Reply #3 on: October 8, 2002, 07:51:52 PM »
I used to use them in big blocks with a redemptor priest, a few zealots and as many grenade launchers as possible(+5points S6 and 24" assult with BS3 is just too good to pass up) but lately I've been fielding them in small groups with a redemptor priest and autocannons.

+++Excerpt from Last Chaos/Space marine game, commentator: Inquisitor Khalheed "The Purgator" Qhor, Ex-Deathball player+++

Chaos vs Space Marine grudgematch today ended 23-19 when Brother Grazieel decimated the chaos team with a heavy bolter.

Afterwards the Chaos Coach Zhuriel the Damned stated "If we weren't ideologically in favor of cheating we'd complain about this""

cullyJR.

« Reply #4 on: October 9, 2002, 10:29:25 PM »
20 with exterminators.  I have a confessor and redemptor priest, shame i can't use both of them in one squad...  These are harsh, frothing-at-the-mouth intolerant fanatics; They charge and beat things up.  Take guard auxillaries if you really want that kind of shooting support.  the sisters can handle the rifle-infantry business.

Offline Tobab816

« Reply #5 on: October 9, 2002, 10:46:36 PM »
With exterminators Redemptors cost 8 points a piece.

It's something I do only if I can screen them with more fodder and people to clean out enemy fodder troops. I want those flamers to hit the largest enemy squad there is. Usually that means even more Redemptionists.