News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Priests in army builder 3.1  (Read 879 times)

Offline 13th guest

• Fnord
Priests in army builder 3.1
« on: July 13, 2007, 05:44:26 AM »
I'm try to add a witch hunter attachment to my deamon hunters. I just want a squad of arco-flagellants, but need a priest (cardinal Biggles). I am unable to figure out how to add the priest. I am using Army Builder 3.1 with the latest files. (Yes, I have all the codexes etc.) When I go to HQ priest is not an option. Could someone more skill with army buiolder help me out. Thanks

Offline Locarno

• Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Could I interest you in a small bribe?
Re: Priests in army builder 3.1
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 07:07:27 AM »
A priest isn't technically an HQ choice, it's an advisor (so is part of one of the other units). You can't just create one as an hq choice becasue they don't exist without a squad to be attached to.

If you create a stormtrooper squad (for the sake of example), you may find the option to add the priest to them in the squad option.
Stories to read....
Songs of Earth
The Will to Survive Series

Tervigon Army List:
Games Played: 35
Termagants expended for the Hive Mind: ~2685

Offline Ghaz

• I argue because I care
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 12:55:32 PM »
Check the Witch Hunters FAQ.  It will tell you what you need to do add a Priest as an ally in another army.

http://uk.games-workshop.com/download/download.htm?http://us.games-workshop.com/games/40k/witchhunters/gaming/FAQ/assets/witch_hunters_faq_v4-0.pdf
"A commander must have the courage to see his plan through,
for good or ill. Wars are won or lost when the battle-lines are
drawn
."
-The Tactica Imperium-

Offline 13th guest

• Fnord
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 01:46:44 PM »
Thank you my good fellows. I hadn't moved one of the storm trooper squads to an ally. All is now fixed and I can even get a cheap power weapon for two of my trooper squads now.
Thanks again.

Offline Razyus

• I wish things got done
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Takes a long time to build a cathedral of hate
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007, 01:52:11 PM »
Check the Witch Hunters FAQ.  It will tell you what you need to do add a Priest as an ally in another army.

http://uk.games-workshop.com/download/download.htm?http://us.games-workshop.com/games/40k/witchhunters/gaming/FAQ/assets/witch_hunters_faq_v4-0.pdf

I think he meant the priest as in the fanatical advisor that can be found in the advisor section of the imperial gaurd codex. Although, I could be wrong.

Razyus
What sort of evil good for nothing bastard stares out a window, or ducks, or materialises during a bloody good game of cricket

Offline 13th guest

• Fnord
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2007, 11:52:33 PM »
Good spotting, but it was the witch hunter one I was needing as I am trying to make a list with 3 Deamon hosts, 3 cult assassins and 6 arco-flagellants and you can only take the last by getting a witch hunter priest. (It's confusing having the same named units in armies that can ally with each other.)

Offline Ghaz

• I argue because I care
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2007, 01:59:42 AM »
I think he meant the priest as in the fanatical advisor that can be found in the advisor section of the imperial gaurd codex. Although, I could be wrong.

And if he wants arco-flagellants, he must take one from the Witch Hunters list.  An Imperial Guard Priest will not allow you to field arco-flagellants.
"A commander must have the courage to see his plan through,
for good or ill. Wars are won or lost when the battle-lines are
drawn
."
-The Tactica Imperium-

Offline Razyus

• I wish things got done
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Takes a long time to build a cathedral of hate
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2007, 05:12:59 AM »
I said I could be wrong. Anyway, I blame Locarno for being so mis-leading that and being up late. Anyway, looks like you have your answer.

Razyus
What sort of evil good for nothing bastard stares out a window, or ducks, or materialises during a bloody good game of cricket