News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Yes or No- Is an Avatar's Diresword just a big Power Weapon?  (Read 2408 times)

Offline Wingednothing

• Mother Isha
  • No te vaya.
Re:Yes or No- Is an Avatar's Diresword just a big Power Weapon?
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2003, 07:31:29 PM »
I think any extra attacks he gets are already included in his stat line.
When I think of heaven
Deliver me in a black-winged bird
I think of dying
Lay me down in a field of flame and heather
Render up my body into the burning heart of God in the belly of a black-winged bird
Don’t try to bleed me
Cause I’ve been here before and I deserve a little more

Offline RedTwo

• Conversion Exarch
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2003, 08:19:40 PM »
Does the Avatar get an extra attack because he has a sword or dosen't The Whailing Doom allow you to recive an extra attack for the sword?

You must have 2 close combat weapons in order to get an attack bonus.
Over specialization builds in weakness.

Offline Burn The Heretic!

• Oh I'm sorry my kill tally says three minotaurs!
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2003, 09:31:05 AM »
yup red two is right
You accuse me of being a madman. What right do you have to judge what is sane and what is not? I have fought with the shadows on the edge of your vision I have seen the faces that laugh at you in your nightmares I have entered the realm between worlds there there is no time or place I have clashed with creatures the sight of which would sear your soul to the core I have faced death eye to eye, blade to blade. Yet you accuse me of being a madman you who have never had your sanity tested so sorely

Offline Flak

• Woah! Wraith Sight Has So Many Pretty Colours!
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2003, 05:40:15 PM »
I'm pretty sure that you get the extra attack because in the rule book it says that all chainswords, swords, axes, etc. get an additional attack in base to base contact.
What I Have To Take A Psychic Test? There Go My Hopes.
Greatest Oxy Moron: Tau Winning In Hand To Hand Combat.
Exellent You've Killed 10,000 Men With A Shotgun, But Can You Be A Real Man And Do The Same With A Tooth Pick?

Offline Yentz

• My Warjack Pwns Your Dreadnought
  • Ancient
  • Im Guilty
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2003, 06:07:52 PM »
I'm pretty sure that you get the extra attack because in the rule book it says that all chainswords, swords, axes, etc. get an additional attack in base to base contact.

Yeah, when you have TWO close combat weapons. The avatar just has one.

Offline Burn The Heretic!

• Oh I'm sorry my kill tally says three minotaurs!
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2003, 06:13:32 PM »
Unless you could count the big drippy hand  ;D
Surly he could like jam it into his opponents face blinding them with all that blood  ;)
You accuse me of being a madman. What right do you have to judge what is sane and what is not? I have fought with the shadows on the edge of your vision I have seen the faces that laugh at you in your nightmares I have entered the realm between worlds there there is no time or place I have clashed with creatures the sight of which would sear your soul to the core I have faced death eye to eye, blade to blade. Yet you accuse me of being a madman you who have never had your sanity tested so sorely

Offline - Aegis -

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2003, 07:39:38 PM »
But would that kind of thing affect a blood-drinker Blood Angel? He might just like it.

However, I DO think that an Avatar's big bloody hand should count as a close combat weapon... I mean, he counts as a deamon, AND a monstrous creature! Its not like I don't think he's good enough as is, its just that I like the idea of my Avatar crushing a SMurf head for fluff purposes... and I would like the extra attack.
Victories: ∞
Draws: 1
Losses: -24

Offline BeigeVolvo

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2003, 11:59:30 AM »
What if he gets an extra attack and they just decided to make it simple and include it in the profile? If it said that he had "weapons: The Wailing Doom, bloody hand", then a lot of people would be asking questions about that bloody hand as well.