News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Megatrakk Scrapjets  (Read 948 times)

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
Megatrakk Scrapjets
« on: April 5, 2020, 01:37:02 PM »
While cooped up at home, I was rummaging in the garage and found my bits box. So in fit of creative rage made some ork looted megajet scrapjets. Then I painted them.

As you can see they have trakks and rockit kannons.

In this view you can see they have Jets

In this view you can see the elf rider body with a grot head, so since I lost the other two riders I just put grots on the other two scrap buggies. Nothing in the rules says it has to be an ork driving. The spider rider obviously don't care and the sheriff grot riding on the handlebars explains their loss of BS. 

And the other side just for reference:

Now she who must be obeyed will probably not allow me in the garage unsupervised again   :P
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Re: Megatrakk Scrapjets
« Reply #1 on: April 5, 2020, 02:43:23 PM »
They look cool, but the bases and models are waaayy smaller than the official model.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #2 on: April 5, 2020, 04:30:48 PM »
Thanks. They are both WYSIWYG and "counts as". Truly orky

I don't use bases on any of my vehicles, but I needed bases to make these stand up. All I had were terminator size bases.  Since I don't play tourney anymore I don't think they will be an issue. Maybe when the stores open again I will go and buy some of the bases that IG use for heavy weapons (or Kan size bases) and stick them on there.
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)

Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #3 on: April 5, 2020, 04:47:59 PM »
Wysiwyg is fine, but they need to be based on the same bases the offical models come with.

Most vehicles don't use bases, but the buggies specifically do. It's respectfully for your opponent. same reason I don't base dreadnoughts on 25mm bases, or my harlequins on 40mm bases.

Using too small of a base is giving yourself a massive advantage in terms of how the model moves, and table space. 

They are larger than the bases killa kans use, it's a 150mm Oval base.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #4 on: April 6, 2020, 05:47:32 AM »
While cooped up at home, I was rummaging in the garage and found my bits box. So in fit of creative rage made some ork looted megajet scrapjets. Then I painted them.

As you can see they have trakks and rockit kannons.

Genius work Skeet, you can definitely tell that these Scrapjets have been made by an Ork. Not like the umie looking original.
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Quote from: Cavalier
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #5 on: April 8, 2020, 02:41:22 PM »
Wysiwyg is fine, but they need to be based on the same bases the offical models come with.

Ah, I see, you are in collusion with she who must be obeyed to hinder my model addiction....

How much did she pay you?

I will double that amount if you will collude with me to get her to let me make the two hour journey to a real GW store.

Your pay will, of course, be contingent on if she allows me to buy lots of models, and not just look and drool at all the cool stuff on the shelves.

#Alienscar, Thanks, it was a lot of fun, and completely silly orkishness.