News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Combining Necron Stratagems  (Read 686 times)

Offline TheGreatElder

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Combining Necron Stratagems
« on: January 1, 2020, 01:10:42 PM »
Can I use Emergency Invasion Beam and Enhanched Invasion Beam togheter? I explain better what i have in mind.

I put 2 units of 20 warriors on teleportation crypt. I move the Night Schyte near the enemy army. If the enemy fire at night schyte but do not destroy it, i simply use Enhanched Invasion Beam to teleport 40 warriors in front of his army and shoot 80 times in rapid fire (may be with mephrit so i get +1 AP even)

If enemy manage to destroy the night schyte. i combine the Emergency Invasion Beam and Enhanched Invasion Beam to do the same thing.

Is this viable?

Offline Blazinghand

• Warlock | Master of the Ravenwing
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Die for the Emperor or die trying!
  • Armies: Eldar, Orks
Re: Combining Necron Stratagems
« Reply #1 on: January 1, 2020, 11:18:38 PM »
As the rules are written, using the Emergency Invasion Beam Stratagem to set up a unit is not considered using the Invasion Beams ability of a Night Scythe. It doesn't say "activate the Invasion Beams ability" or anything like that; it just lets you set up a unit. Therefore, Emergency Invasion Beam does not allow you to use the Enhanced Invasion Beam Stratagem. However, I think that it wouldn't be too unreasonable to play things this way with your friends.
Quote from: Howard Zinn
There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.