News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Another round of questions on Core Rules  (Read 676 times)

Offline TheGreatElder

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Another round of questions on Core Rules
« on: October 29, 2019, 05:19:30 PM »
Hi again. I have another few questions again on rules.

1#. Da Jumps rule of ORKS psykers powers say this: ...set it up anywhere on the battlefield more than 9" from any enemy models. ---  Now, "more than" mean i cannot put it at 9". I can put it at 9,01 or 9,000000001, but i cannot put it at 9". For succesfull charge an enemy unit, the ork units that jumped need to get at least at 1" from the target unit during the charge move. So if i take what i read literaly, this ork unit have to roll a charge roll of at least 10, otherwise the unit will not reach 1" with only a 9 rolled. This is correct?

2#. Can a unit that charge turn around walls or even climb during charge, or it can charge only in straight line?

3# Can i fire to a enimy unit behind another enemy unit? I mean, lets say my unit is in front of a enemy unit that have his models at 2" from each other, can i fire between those models and hit the enemy unit BEHIND this unit?

Thanks u all.

3#.

Offline Partninja

• Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
Re: Another round of questions on Core Rules
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2019, 05:37:37 PM »
1) Correct

2) You do not need to charge in a straight line.

3) Yes you can shoot at a unit behind another unit.

Offline faitherun (Fay-ith-er-run)

• Armies: Pointy Ears and bugs
Re: Another round of questions on Core Rules
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2019, 05:51:18 PM »
Hi again. I have another few questions again on rules.

Hello again - bring em on!

1#. Da Jumps rule of ORKS psykers powers say this: ...set it up anywhere on the battlefield more than 9" from any enemy models. ---  Now, "more than" mean i cannot put it at 9". I can put it at 9,01 or 9,000000001, but i cannot put it at 9".
Correct

For successful charge an enemy unit, the ork units that jumped need to get at least at 1" from the target unit during the charge move. So if i take what i read literaly, this ork unit have to roll a charge roll of at least 10, otherwise the unit will not reach 1" with only a 9 rolled. This is correct?
Almost. If you are 9.1" away, a roll of an 8 will get you 1.1" away (9.1-8 = 1.1). So you need a roll of a 9 at the least (which is about a 28% chance without mods)

2#. Can a unit that charge turn around walls or even climb during charge, or it can charge only in straight line?
Yes. Accounting for all vertical movement on the charge (fly does not let you ignore terrain in the charge phase). Remember though, if you have the Infantry keyword, you can charge through walls and ruins. Also, as noted above, you only need to get within 1" of an enemy unit. So, if they are hugging a wall you can charge the unit and get within an 1", you can strike through the wall regardless of keywords

3# Can i fire to a enemy unit behind another enemy unit? I mean, lets say my unit is in front of a enemy unit that have his models at 2" from each other, can i fire between those models and hit the enemy unit BEHIND this unit?

So long as each of your models can draw line of sight to any of the models (or parts of models) in the unit you are shooting - yes. Also, remember, split fire is a thing too...
So, what your saying is it's not your fault you look stupid by using words you don't get?
Flawless logic.