We hads a battle this night and we get out with some questions (8th edition rules):
#1. automatic hit weapons automatically hit even when unit is firing on Overwatch or still need to roll a 6?
#2. Lets say i fire with a Heavy 1 F7 Vp -1 D6 weapon. Lets say I hit, then I wound, then i roll a D6 for see how many wounds, and lets say i roll a 6. So I do 6 wounds on the enemy model. The model lets say that he have 1 wound and a 2+ saving. He have to roll 2+ six times and save from any single wound, or with a single 2+ he negate ALL the wounds? Same for invulnerability rolls?
3#. Can i place a Fly model in the mid air, pretending he is flying very high, let say at 12"?
4#. Lets say there is a obstacle that is 8" high. If a fly model who move at 10" and that it is at the base of the obstacle, have to move 8" vertically to reach the top and then can move 2" orizzontaly? And a non fly model?
5#. Already asked this but i want to be sure: let say a enemy model point of view can just view ONLY the TIP of the sword of a model behind a cover, he can fire on that model EVEN if he see only the TIP of beslubbering sword? Like just a pixel? And if yes, the model at least receive +1 saving throw?
Thanks u all very much.
1) auto hit weapons automatically hit even when firing overwatch - this makes flamers and such very good (assuming the foe charges from inside flamer range)
2) A high power, single shot, high damage weapon can be negated with a single saving throw. When throwing a saving throw, you must choose between Invulnerable or Armour, and may only use one.
3) No, sadly. It must be placed in a normal location on the tabletop. Aircraft will have special rules that prevent them from being melee-d, except by other fly units.
4) As per the FAQ: https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/warhammer_40000_rulebook_en.pdf
FLY keyword units can move vertically for free in the movement phase, so it only cares about horizontal move. So an Assault Marine With Jump Pack could spend 2 inches of movement to do that. Regular models would need to move 10 inches in your example, as they must walk to the wall, then climb it.
5) As the rules as written, you can shoot a model by shooting it in the sword. My friends and I have a little house rule, that says that you have to be able to see the model itself. Swords, guns, antennae, and flags don't count. But this is only a house rule. As it is in the book, if your Assault Marine is standing in ruins and his chainsword is poking out, people can shoot him in the chainsword.