News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Necromunda: Underhive Wars  (Read 3391 times)

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
Necromunda: Underhive Wars
« on: January 18, 2017, 04:03:31 PM »
Way off down the road but announced.

Necromunda: Underhive Wars is a turn-based tactical RPG. Rival gangs of ruthless warriors are locked in an endless war for control of the Underhive, a gigantic warren of derelict factories, rusted metal husks, and forgotten technologies. Anarchy, violence, betrayal and death rule this hellish place, long forsaken by any semblance of civilization.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/01/18/necromunda-underhive-wars-pc/#more-424019
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
Re: Necromunda: Underhive Wars
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 04:09:22 PM »
I'm glad that it's the same developer that produced the Mordheim game. There are similarities between both and I think they did a pretty solid job overall. Really looking forward to this one.
« Last Edit: February 8, 2017, 05:10:11 PM by Looshkin »
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
« Reply #2 on: February 8, 2017, 01:07:59 PM »
Oh yeah, I think they've got the right mindset.
In our concept piece, the main thing that’s featured is a skull crusher. It grinds skulls, in the mouth of another, larger skull. Skulls are important.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2017/02/08/necromunda-underhive-wars-details/#more-428181
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2020, 11:42:24 PM »
This releases on September 8, and if you pre-order it through Humble bundle, you get 20% off.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2020, 12:54:25 PM »
I'm fairly shocked that this was announced all the way back in 2017. I'm definitely going to be picking this up; it looks really good from what I've seen...and if all it is is lipstick slapped on the rulesd, then that's good enough for me. Mordheim worked really well in its digital format and this looks far nicer. I do like it when they don't muck about too much when creating these games.
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2020, 01:44:31 PM »
20% off was a pre-order bonus I could get behind lol
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2020, 05:13:32 PM »
keeping an eye on this one, I hope it has more of a single player campaign than mordheim.

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2020, 09:45:04 AM »
I'm skeptical, until folks start playing it.  Mordheim was a good shell of a game, but flawed, and had almost no support after launch.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: September 8, 2020, 08:00:25 AM »
Installing it now.  Looking forward to playing it when I get home from an interview!
I knew I had fans!!!

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #9 on: September 8, 2020, 06:31:26 PM »
is the single player campaign just an overly long tutorial on how to use each of the gangs? The video I watched said there was only 15 missions in it.

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
« Reply #10 on: September 8, 2020, 06:57:48 PM »
is the single player campaign just an overly long tutorial on how to use each of the gangs? The video I watched said there was only 15 missions in it.

Sounds like their mordheim game. 15 story missions per gang, but you can play endless 'skirmish' games vs the ai.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: September 9, 2020, 01:10:57 AM »
I've gotten about half way through the campaign.

The story is well told, but the AI is absolute garbage.  It's really boring because of how easy it is.

I also managed to get in a few online games, which I really enjoyed.  This game is a lot of fun and I see myself losing many hours in it.
I knew I had fans!!!

• Ancient
« Reply #12 on: September 9, 2020, 06:12:16 AM »
I've gotten about half way through the campaign.

The story is well told, but the AI is absolute garbage.  It's really boring because of how easy it is.

I also managed to get in a few online games, which I really enjoyed.  This game is a lot of fun and I see myself losing many hours in it.

Sounds like mordheim lol. The ai strategy was 'ignore the mission, and rush you asap'
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: September 9, 2020, 07:12:34 PM »
I did have one WTF moment in an operation (which I guess is a custom gang vs the AI).  I captured all of the resources I was supposed to and extracted with them.  The AI then killed my one remaining ganger, and I lost the mission.  Joys of a new game in that it still has bugs, but I hope that gets worked out shortly.
I knew I had fans!!!