News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: My Aeldari and Aelf  (Read 60289 times)

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
Re: Start of my Corsair Journey.
« Reply #20 on: May 8, 2016, 06:58:46 AM »
Nice stuff Magenb. Really dig the posing on them, very dynamic. Nice job on the Nightwing as well. One suggestion though, I think the bases could use a bit more love. Some little rocks maybe a little static grass would go a long way. Other than keep it up man, the army is coming together very quickly!
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #21 on: May 8, 2016, 10:36:48 PM »
..the army is coming together very quickly!

Yeah, I've been lucky enough to already have a bunch of stuff that just needed tweaking :)

Basing is something I struggle with, my very small Necrons army did turn out OK with some sand and the green "crystals", but my Eldar basically have green grass flock. If anyone has some links to some nices basing options I'll see if I can give it a go.

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
  • I tread the hidden path.....
  • Armies: Eldar, Raven Guard, Slaanesh
« Reply #22 on: May 9, 2016, 03:48:28 AM »
..the army is coming together very quickly!

Yeah, I've been lucky enough to already have a bunch of stuff that just needed tweaking :)

Basing is something I struggle with, my very small Necrons army did turn out OK with some sand and the green "crystals", but my Eldar basically have green grass flock. If anyone has some links to some nices basing options I'll see if I can give it a go.

A few years back I got taught a very simple but really effective way of basing my models which is what I mostly stick with. If you have a look at my Corsairs you can see it in action.
It's just Modelling sand, PVA glue, Green grass flock and then some brown and white paint! Doesn't take long at all and does really help the aesthetic of the models.
+++ VICTORUS AUT MORTIS +++

My Army Blog (Corsair & Raven Guard: Here

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2016, 07:46:15 AM »
OK I've tinkered with some bases with some epoxy clay and some cork.

ahh while I'm at it, he's a WIP shot :)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 07:51:50 AM by magenb »

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2016, 08:08:02 AM »
I really love working with cork for bases. I find you can get a really cool effect with them. My  first tutorial I used with cork  was on miniwargaming.com for lava bases. Don't have the link handy, but a Google search should pop it up. I may suggest trying to modify the circular edge from the corks to be less perfect. Try breaking pieces off with your hands to get a rougher, more realistic edge. I find it looks more natural the less exact you are. I've had my best success with cork board, as it's easiest to break and layer. Overall starting to look really snazzy. Can't wait to see the cork when their painted.

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2016, 06:59:28 AM »
They are looking good buddy. I think the bases are really important and this looks good so far. I'm actually struggling with bases on my Dark Angels at the moment... but I got some easy tips on basing and supplies that'll last you forever... I'll post a little tutorial in my project log later today if you want to check it out.

Keep it up man you are doing great!

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2016, 08:21:07 AM »
cheers guys, been just googling tutorials for basing, but alot of what I'm seeing is for big model's or diorama's, I'm not a fan of putting too much extra height into the models that are meant to hit the table top.

I did check out your Basing Aurics, so I started mixing up some of the flocks I have.

Kind of kicking myself for not thinking of the flight sticks earlier though, The wyches legs make for some nice combo's. Thinking of trying to position one into some sort of flying kick.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 08:23:59 AM by magenb »

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2016, 03:36:27 AM »
OK my Lhamaean has come in and now that I'm holding it, my plans kind of fell into a heap.

The problem is I've see large arms on skeleton models, so the sword I was going to pop on her is waaaay too big. The daggers from the witche are roughly the same size sa her sword... Thinking I might just pop the jetpack on and drop the bone out of ther hair.

Anyone got any better ideas?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 06:29:08 PM by magenb »

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2016, 04:58:07 AM »
It's been a while, but I've been busy scouring the net for parts and 2nd hand goodies lol :)

So very early WIP of my Baroness.

Most of the stuff below is WiP but atleast game ready.

the undercoat went on furry :( but it is magnatised and I can now do a cloud strike formation and I have a way to mark the leader Falcon

Warp hunter

Rebased these guys

Corsair malevolent band Group SHOT!
Can be hard to tell in the photo, but the rocks and grass look rather dead, even the skin tone has been darkend compared to the rest of the army.

Whip it! and her friend doing a jumping right hook with twin blades

The one on the left is falling down to slam that wood elf spear into some one. Hard to see in the photo but the groove on the spear heads have the gold running through them. Very happy with how they turned out.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 05:09:40 AM by magenb »

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2016, 06:46:34 AM »
Thats great stuff Magenb! The Malevolents look great, its like everyone is a character but they pull together great as a unit. Too bad about the fuzzy tank! Man thats just the worst... when I moved to the south the humidity played so many games with me ruining countless models. I'm sure you could dunk that sucker in simple green and start again if you wanted. I've done that a number of times myself.

Anyway aside from the fuzzy primer ambush, everythings looking awesome. Keep it up man you've got a nice force developing here!

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2016, 06:15:49 PM »
So it's been a while as I'm still waiting on some more jetpacks.

In the mean time I stumbled onto a nice vampire going cheap.. couldn't resist :)

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2016, 06:51:20 PM »
Holy crap that thing is huge! I never realized the size of one before, as I've never seen it side by side with any other flyers. Good score!

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
  • I tread the hidden path.....
  • Armies: Eldar, Raven Guard, Slaanesh
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2016, 02:06:01 AM »
Wow very nice!
I've always wanted a Vampire Hunter but they are just so much money and now they aren't made any more it's really tough to find a decent priced one!
You've done really well there!
+++ VICTORUS AUT MORTIS +++

My Army Blog (Corsair & Raven Guard: Here

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2016, 02:40:15 AM »
Great stuff magenb!  I'll be watching it with great interest. :)

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2016, 06:49:39 AM »
Holy crap! LEGENDARY! Wow... so awesome. What a beast! There are some cool formations for that bad bird as well. How long did it take you to paint? It looks very nice

Man I wish I had one of those suckers. One day...

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2016, 05:37:00 PM »
I would have prefered the Vampire Raider with the pulsars, would be easier to field in a game but I stumbled on that one for less than a crimson hunter. So the last pack of corsair jetpacks had to be put of for a while.

Painting it didn't take that long as I have a cheap ($20) airbrush which works really well for the base coating, terrible for any detail, since the veins are nice and deep as well, it didn't take very long. I still need to do the final colour coating of all the gems on the underside though.

As with all the forgeworld stuff I've had, things didn't line up as neatly as the GW kits, so lots of fiddling around. I wanted the top section to be removable to see inside, but it didn't quite work out :(

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2016, 06:43:38 PM »
What a score! I've wanted one for so long but just never could. I also prefer the gun ship more but the transport capacity is nothing to be scoffed at. Can't wait for a bat rep with this bad boy.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: Start of my Corsair Journey.- pic heavy
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2016, 06:27:22 AM »
Going off topic for a sec.

Since I had pulled out a bunch of stuff to get ready for an Apoc game, I woundered what a full scale CWE war would look like :)

Shinning spears

Yes my Avatar is going bald in his old age ;)

getting a little shakey...

Come on squeeze ing.

Tried a Panorama shot.

Warp spiders, still got a few more waiting for some inspiration.

Rangers

Air force, SH, Vypers, Custom Warlock on Jetbikes and some shadow spectres in the corner for good measure.

War Walkers covering the objective lol.

Man the WraithKnight just looks like a min-me in this crowd

« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 06:40:41 AM by magenb »

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2016, 08:06:45 AM »
Damn man... this army is HUGE! How long have you been playing? My army looks so freaking small compared to this!

It looks great buddy and what a nice selection of units you have available. My own army is about 6000pts but I have so much redundancy... like 3 units of Avengers, 3 Wave Serpents, 10 Reapers, 2x Wraithguard, 1x Wraithblade etc. Its really nice to see the sheer variety.

Anyway make sure you let us know how the game goes. I hope you crush em!

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2016, 08:49:20 AM »
Damn man... this army is HUGE! How long have you been playing? My army looks so freaking small compared to this!

20 something years, one day I'll be able to field a full unit of everything, as long as GW doesn't keep expanding the unit sizes every couple of years lol