News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Painting 2000 points High Elf Army in two months.  (Read 1315 times)

Offline Mithrarias

• Windrider of Gaia
    • Universo Asur
  • Armies: Eldar, Blood Angels
Painting 2000 points High Elf Army in two months.
« on: February 11, 2010, 05:37:58 PM »
Well, I have just started my new project of painting my Saim-Han army and I have to leave it (for the moment) for a more ambitious one: painting 2000 points High Elf Army in two months for a tournament.

At the beginning it look too crazy for me (and I still think so) so I just made the test this week I started to paint.

I must say that from the whole army I only had painted the Silver Helms' horses, started he horseelves and also started a mage (well, I also have a Lions Charriot painted, but it will not came to the tournament). All the models left are not even primmed nor the bases are done, so my dare is higher that I expected.

Whereas, this week I started to paint some models and the painting rhythm gives me a hope. Of course I know I will never win the painting competition, but at least I pretend not getting a "0" as a result which is ambitious enough according to the circumstances.

For the moment the plan is painting the models quite basic, with not so many shadows nor lights. If at the end I have the time ill try to raise the level. For sure, with the time, I will finish painting the models more property so it can be interesting showing the change.

And without wasting more time here you can see the first models.

I still have problems taking photos but I have two months to develope my skills so probably the final photos will be better. I hope you all enjoy it, and please leave a comment so I will have better reasons to keep on.

By the way, I have a blog that will follow as well my journey, although it is in Spanish, but if you like to take a look... http://universoasur.blogspot.com/
¡¡¡Ú-dano i faelas a hyn, an uben tanatha le faelas!!! (Show them no mercy for you shall receive none!)