News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: theme deathguard list 1750 for 5th  (Read 1299 times)

Offline teddy

theme deathguard list 1750 for 5th
« on: May 30, 2008, 05:02:26 AM »
hq

Lord-paliquin,deamon weapon, mark of nurgle. 180pts

Troops
14 plauge marines, powerfist champ, 2 meltas. 382pts

14 plauge marines, powerfist champ, 2 meltas. 382pts

14 plauge marines, powerfist champ, 2 plasmaguns. 392pts

7 plauge marines , 2 flamers .171pts

heavy support
land raider, possesion. 240 pts

1747 list theme to the deathguard. so im open to any suggestions . but the lord STAYS  thank you.

ps. iv already played with the 5th edition rules this list those work the land raider can take a beating with the new vehicle chart . and my plauge marines can run so they aint that slow.
« Last Edit: June 1, 2008, 12:58:24 AM by aklike »

Offline Khulric

• Everyone's favorite lurker.
  • Armies: Necrons, Alpha Legion (everything)
Re: chaos nurgle theme list
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 05:15:38 AM »
I haven't used Lords that much, but I understand that DP's are usually better at making their points back, also daemon weapons sound fun, are pretty easy to hurt or kill your lord (there being 12 assault phases in the standard game, up to 12 chances to take a wound); so lightning claws usually also considered more effective but if you like them then they'll be fine.

The PLAGUE marines are good, but really slow, if you like footslogging, then it's ok and you have plenty of them, but otherwise I would suggest considering rhino's.  Also, I'm assuming a 'plunge' marine is supposed to be more plague marines?

Obliterators are good, not the most fluffy (to some vets), or friendly (for tourny soft scores, but pfft to that) but granted they will be necessary for this list, as you need to slow down your opponent.

All in all it's a slow list, so the fast Lords don't make any sense.  I would  suggest dropping the bikes on the lords, and one man in each squad (which in 5th edition won't hurt you for scoring units) then pick up 4 rhino's for the plague marines.  You could then put the lords in the rhino's with a squad, with 12 or so points to spare, which would afford personal icons in case you feel or have to roll for obliterators in reserve and DS them.

Offline teddy

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 05:36:10 AM »
I haven't used Lords that much, but I understand that DP's are usually better at making their points back, also daemon weapons sound fun, are pretty easy to hurt or kill your lord (there being 12 assault phases in the standard game, up to 12 chances to take a wound); so lightning claws usually also considered more effective but if you like them then they'll be fine.

The PLAGUE marines are good, but really slow, if you like footslogging, then it's ok and you have plenty of them, but otherwise I would suggest considering rhino's.  Also, I'm assuming a 'plunge' marine is supposed to be more plague marines?

Obliterators are good, not the most fluffy (to some vets), or friendly (for tourny soft scores, but pfft to that) but granted they will be necessary for this list, as you need to slow down your opponent.

All in all it's a slow list, so the fast Lords don't make any sense.  I would  suggest dropping the bikes on the lords, and one man in each squad (which in 5th edition won't hurt you for scoring units) then pick up 4 rhino's for the plague marines.  You could then put the lords in the rhino's with a squad, with 12 or so points to spare, which would afford personal icons in case you feel or have to roll for obliterators in reserve and DS them.

Thanks for the advice and opps i was in a hurry . and yeah i like footslogging in this list cause my other armys have tanks so i choice to go all on foot in this list .
and for the lord well i converted some cool models for them so i ill stick to them even tho i know deamon princes are way better and cheaper for the roll.
and for the obliterators what can i change so i can take care of tanks instead of them any advice that will go good with the nurgle theme.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 05:38:15 AM by aklike »

Offline 4084595657

• Grot
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2008, 07:04:18 AM »

HQ

chaos lord ,mark of nurgle,bike , deamon weapon ,melta bombs. 185pts
Points wasted IMO, deamon princes are better at running by themselves...also by themselves they are just asking for trouble...you might as well footslogg in the plague marine squads coz your not guna be taking out many units by yourself you'll have to wait for the plagues which is risky.

Troops

10 plauge marines, 2 meltas, power fist champ.290pts

10 plauge marines, 2 plasma guns, power fist champ. 300pts

heavy support

2 obliterators. 150 pts
2 obliterators. 150 pts
2 obliterators. 150 pts
This is solid, how do you plan on using them? Deepstriking seems to be a good/risky way.

2000pts

Offline teddy

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2008, 07:22:14 AM »

HQ

Points wasted IMO, deamon princes are better at running by themselves...also by themselves they are just asking for trouble...you might as well footslogg in the plague marine squads coz your not guna be taking out many units by yourself you'll have to wait for the plagues which is risky.

Troops

heavy support

2 obliterators. 150 pts
2 obliterators. 150 pts
2 obliterators. 150 pts
This is solid, how do you plan on using them? Deepstriking seems to be a good/risky way.

2000pts

watty well i like lords , everyone plays deamon princes and like the whole thing like abbandon where he doesnt turn deamon cause he wants to prove his worth as a lord thats kinda how i see my guys and ima send them after units like havocts or gunline ppl like tau and imperial gaurd .pretty much they wont get hurt with there +t . and for the obliterators well they will walk up shooting tanks i might deep strike them if they must but for the most part they will walk it with my nurgle to make it hard for my opponent to pick weather he wants to use his heavy weapon on them or my nurgle units cause small arms will be almost useless agaist this list. but i am looking for advice to make this army death guard like pure deathguard .thanks for the replys guys .

Offline 4084595657

• Grot
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2008, 07:29:53 AM »
They can still be instant killed by powerfists and melta guns etc...its a bit risky :P

Offline Angel of Death

• ill carve you a smile you cant fake
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2008, 08:11:13 AM »
if you want a DG list take the lords off the bikes cuz DG hate bikes (not all plauge marines, just DG) and theyd be realy obvious targets so i'de march them with the ground pounders
DEATH TO THE WEAKLING EMPIRE OF THE CORPSE KING
KILL MAIM BURN
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD

Offline Sanctjud

• No one cares about Sanctjud's post count | Infinity Circuit
  • Absolute Chaos and SOLAR PUPPY
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2008, 11:27:50 AM »
Deathguard, plague marines, and stuff with mark of Nurgle and vehicles....that's what I associate with 'pure' armies...

So that eliminates almost everything else out of the codex in my point of view:

Options:
Dp's, Lords, Sorc.
Dreads
Plaguemarines, (maybe lesser daemons)
Rhino's
Spawn
Vindi, pred, LR.

That's my definition of 'pure'... but you are welcome to do anything with this codex... and call an army with all Tzeentch elements Deathguard as well... but don't expect me to NOT hit that person in the face if ANYONE does that.

___________________ _____

YES, that's why I don't like lords, fists don't care about your T6...

___________________ _____

The list:

Lords, I prefer DP's, but since you like them, IMO, drop the DW for a pair of LC's instead...DW are not 'reliable' and the targets they are good against, the Lord is not supposed to be dealing with.  Bikes make them fast... but makes them off the board in escalation and really, they are unsupported.  Really T6 is a parlor trick in most cases.

Plague marines are fine.

Oblits are ok, though 2 squads of 3 would be better, in terms of 'friendly' and 'tourney' use of hvy support slots.

My 7 Cents.
If you meet a bear named Sanctjud in the tavern, don't get into his van for candy.  I did once....it's sticky, salty, and really not very nice. :(
Raptor Jesus will get you Tangi... oh he will.

Offline Drudge Dreadnought

• Aspiring Mathhammer Champion
Re: theme deathguard list
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2008, 10:11:08 PM »
Lose the melta bombs on the lord, they arn't really worth it. Also, the nurgle daemon weapon is very meh in my opinion. It'll wound most stuff on 4's anyway. Get the lord lightning claws or a powerfist or something instead imo.

Oblits are not fluffy for deathguard at all. Get pred/vindi/landraider or havocs for heavy support. Dreadnoughts are also very fluffy but are literally loose cannons.
Always 1 on the Crazed roll.

Offline 4084595657

• Grot
« Reply #9 on: June 1, 2008, 05:20:26 AM »
Lose the melta bombs on the lord, they arn't really worth it. Also, the nurgle daemon weapon is very meh in my opinion. It'll wound most stuff on 4's anyway. Get the lord lightning claws or a powerfist or something instead imo.

OK a powerfist on a lord is quite risky because you strike at the same time as other powerfists...i mean they still have a good chance of insta-killing you...you have a decently high I on your lord anyway so a power weapon would do wonders here...its about the only time i prefer power weps.

Offline Drudge Dreadnought

• Aspiring Mathhammer Champion
« Reply #10 on: June 1, 2008, 08:53:37 PM »

OK a powerfist on a lord is quite risky because you strike at the same time as other powerfists...i mean they still have a good chance of insta-killing you...you have a decently high I on your lord anyway so a power weapon would do wonders here...its about the only time i prefer power weps.

Not everything has powerfists. There are a lot of ppl where i game who swear by powerfist lords and i've seen them do scary stuff.
Always 1 on the Crazed roll.