News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Liber Chaotica, Your Chaos Army [Pictures and army background]  (Read 216051 times)

Offline PIN_H34D

• we kill, because we can
Re: Liber Chaotica, Your Chaos Army [Pictures and army background]
« Reply #580 on: April 16, 2010, 01:40:43 PM »
i defenatly will when i get them, i gota a daemon prince and my keeper of secrets im  working on now
Murder, death, that is my entertainment

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #581 on: May 3, 2010, 03:58:52 PM »
Finished (essentially) a new lord for the Legion of the Fleshy Curse. Just need to get him a brother and add in now spawn.

Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Master Bio-Titan BT

• Armies: Chaos Marines and Tyranids
« Reply #582 on: May 3, 2010, 04:08:08 PM »
Very very nice!!!  I like it a lot.  If the base matches your terrain then ignore this comment........I would like to see a better base however.

2008 CSM Poster of the Year

My CSM Conversions & Tutorials (Updated 12-22-12) 

My Tyranid Conversions & Tutorials  (Updated 12-23-12)

Offline ReaperGrim

• BFTMFBG!!!
« Reply #583 on: May 3, 2010, 09:30:51 PM »
Awesome Squid!

I like how the mount looks like a spawn, very appropriate for a general of the Legion of the Fleshy Curse.  Make his brother riding another spawn like figure too, it'll be the tits!  (you did mean another lord by "brother" right?)
The world will look up and shout "Save us!", and I will whisper "No..."
"The Sons of Slaughter" death toll:
             W/L/D - 23/5/3

Offline The Exile

« Reply #584 on: May 3, 2010, 10:57:26 PM »
Awesome.  Nicely painted and I like the contrast of the yellow and white.  Perfect slanni sorcerer

What is his brother like?  Identical, or something else?

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #585 on: May 4, 2010, 12:06:56 AM »
The Second lord is not yet Purchased. Most likely going to be riding one of these beasts as well. Either that or a Bike. Bikes are cool. I'll work more on the base. Requires some more flock as well to match the rest of the force.

Thanks all.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Dark Pariah

• I got an Awful Custom Title for Arguing with a Mod
  • For Volscan! For Blood! For Chaos!
« Reply #586 on: May 7, 2010, 11:35:07 PM »
This is something I have been working on for the last month, for Outpost's Rampage 1500 pt Tourny in 2 weeks time.

Warp fire danced from the hands and eyes of the three psykers in front of the ruined temple. Their monotonous chants growing deeper as the runes upon the arcane gate started to glow with unnatural energy.  Slowly at first, but growing with each accursed word spoken, a tear in reality started to form in the centre of the gate, shadowy figures from behind the veil making their way ever closer to the warp breach.

As one the psykers stopped, held aloft on warp fire, flames licking their tattered robes but never setting them alight. The ritual was complete. Runes running the circumference of the gate glowed, their hues forever changing. The shadows could be seen more clearly now against the burning land that lay beyond the gate, until the first crossed the barrier between worlds.

A black skinned daemon, three times the hieght of a man, with wings as dark as the night itself was first to cross the void.  B’aal’tor looked at the world before him and laughed, with a simple flick of his wrist, the ground began to fall away to reveal rivers of flame. “Better” the daemon uttered as it stepped down from the ritual circle. “You have done as was asked?” called out the daemon.  A figure of a man stepped out from behind the nearby rocks.  “Y-y-yy-yes my master” the man stammered.  “As we speak other members of the Enclave are readying portals on other worlds, none know of our great work”. “Good” boomed B’aal’tor, his voice shaking the very ground he stood on, “I have no further use for you, but your whelps here will stay to hold the gate open”

Beams of the darkest hate flared from B’aal’tor’s eyes and incinerated the man before him; chains burst from the ground beneath the three psykers and bound them to the gate.  “Come” cried B’aal’tor as more daemons appeared through the gate. With fury a band of bloodletters appeared whilst their monstrous herald Khal’thar’rak on his chariot made a roar of hate to the storm filled sky.  Insane cackling followed as daemons of Tzeentch crossed over, horrors and flamers already warping the land when their master Tz’arkan rode his disc into the realm of mortals.  A scented mist swept over the ground as daemonettes danced their way over the burning ground paving the way with bladed rose petals for Sheee’la’sar the leader of the hunt and her cohort of seekers. No sooner had the sweet smell filled the air when it was replaced with the scent of death and rot as Kru’ar and his plaguebearers shambled through the void.

B’aal’tor looked at the creatures before him and on his command the daemons of chaos bound off to massacre the mortals of this world.

“ Let the slaughter begin “

Need advice on a scratch build? PM me, I may be able to help.

Builder of all things chaos- Warhound Titan, Harbinger Bomber, Lord,
Stuff.

Offline The Exile

« Reply #587 on: May 8, 2010, 12:08:27 PM »
WOW.  Very cool.  Awesome backdrop, awesome models, awesome theme.  You say this took you a month?

Offline Dark Pariah

• I got an Awful Custom Title for Arguing with a Mod
  • For Volscan! For Blood! For Chaos!
« Reply #588 on: May 8, 2010, 07:12:43 PM »
  You say this took you a month?

Yep, I've developed a method of speed painting that I'm quite happy with, I did originally paint up a 1500pt Imperial Fist force for the tourny (another 1 month job) but very quickly got sick of them, that and the fact that nobody at my gaming club play daemons.

Thanks for the feedback.
Need advice on a scratch build? PM me, I may be able to help.

Builder of all things chaos- Warhound Titan, Harbinger Bomber, Lord,
Stuff.

Offline Deloth Vyrr

• Death is my Meat, Terror is my Wine!
« Reply #589 on: May 26, 2010, 01:00:24 AM »
Here is my "pure" Thousand Sons Army, enjoy! (a couple of the pics came out blurry, but most of them are good)

Converted Sorcerer HQ on his Disk of Tzeentch: (Yes he's missing the top of his staff, I need to re-pin it)

Converted Thousand Sons Terminators:

Converted Thousand Sons Defilers:

Thousand Sons Marines and Aspiring Sorcerers:

And my BY FAR BEST PAINTED piece, the Landraider:

Take special note at this detail:

It carries my Army's Banner:

Hope you all enjoyed my beloved Thousand Sons army.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 08:40:38 AM by Deloth Vyrr »

Offline ReaperGrim

• BFTMFBG!!!
« Reply #590 on: May 26, 2010, 01:20:34 AM »
Dude..... Deloth Vyrr..... is that freehand on the top of the LR?  Either way, it looks beslubbering awesome!!!   Nice army bro
The world will look up and shout "Save us!", and I will whisper "No..."
"The Sons of Slaughter" death toll:
             W/L/D - 23/5/3

Offline Unholy Worm

« Reply #591 on: May 26, 2010, 04:26:44 AM »
Now that's a beautiful army! Looks awesome!
how did you convert the defilers scorpion thingy or whatever it is?  :)
And the land raider turned out great!
A wise man never fears, a man afraid does not thinck!

Offline Master Bio-Titan BT

• Armies: Chaos Marines and Tyranids
« Reply #592 on: May 26, 2010, 09:29:52 AM »
I'm now motivated to literally knock the dust off of my TS!!  Bravo, they look great!!!

I am going to have to adopt the purple/pink power weapon colors for my power weapons.  Would you care to enlighten me with the colors and the shading/highlighting process for those?  Much appreciation would come your way!

2008 CSM Poster of the Year

My CSM Conversions & Tutorials (Updated 12-22-12) 

My Tyranid Conversions & Tutorials  (Updated 12-23-12)

Offline 0verKill_235

• Greasing tank treads with xeno filth since 2005.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010, 01:22:25 AM by 0verKill_235 »
Death before Dismount!

Offline Host of the Tumultuous Storm

• My name + Host of the Tumultous Storm(Night Lords)
    • Team Snake Eyes
« Reply #594 on: June 5, 2010, 05:00:57 PM »
Ok, this is the first guy for my nightlords army.

Originally, he was gonna be a mix of nightlords and khorne, like what the black legion models look like, but the red and black just made him come across as kinda superman-ish, so this is what i ended with.

Now to start on the rest of the army...

Offline Robin de Tolens

• Commorragh's Hair Stylist
  • Behold, lessser races, for you face your Doom now!
« Reply #595 on: June 12, 2010, 05:21:59 AM »
Nice mini. I like the fact that you painted blood on the Juggernaut, it makes him look even scarier ^^ Also, nice job on the armour's pattern. Good luck for the rest of the army =)
Rapid Fire - You don't need to be a better shot, you just need to fire more splinters!

Slaves? No... your women, your elder, your sons will be slaves! But you... by midnight this day, you will be raped men. - Blooded Rose motto

Kabal of the Blooded Rose (W/D/L) : 2/0/0
Latest slaves : 1 Chaos Terminator & 1 Havoc

Kabal of the Blooded Rose's stories

Offline Host of the Tumultuous Storm

• My name + Host of the Tumultous Storm(Night Lords)
    • Team Snake Eyes
« Reply #596 on: June 12, 2010, 08:57:05 AM »
You can see how they're coming along in the painting forum.. sad to say i'm not doing this model justice, as I didn't paint him. Lol...

Offline enlg

• I like editing stuff.
« Reply #597 on: June 12, 2010, 12:09:00 PM »
well if you want to do it justice, I might suggest that you make the blood a bit darker with a watered down wash of black ink as it would make it look a bit more realistic IMO and it would then blend in with the red of the color scheme a bit more, but not too much

or you could water down some red ink after painting some parts of the juggernaut's face over with metal (like the teeth) to take advantage of the nice ink-metal look which I like a lot

Offline Ragnar Runeblade

• Happy tourist
« Reply #598 on: August 26, 2010, 09:26:03 AM »
Hello i recently started chaos SM and here are mine first painted chaos obliterators i hope you like them cos i like them a lot:)

Offline enlg

• I like editing stuff.
« Reply #599 on: August 26, 2010, 11:58:47 AM »
I like them a lot! They have a very nice clean look, especially on the flesh which I really like

the only thing I might suggest would be to put a little darker redish color around where the wires meet up with the flesh (like on the back and arms) as it would look a bit more gory depending on your style to make it look like the wires are slipping out through the skin.