News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Liber Chaotica, Your Chaos Army [Pictures and army background]  (Read 216048 times)

Offline Chosen Man

• Princeps Maximus, Swarmlord, High Lord of Rummy's Privy due to Pissing Him Off, Pookie noobkin, Now 5% less organic
  • Ancient
  • Yes my other car is an AT-AT....
Re: Liber Chaotica, Your Chaos Army [Pictures and army background]
« Reply #420 on: January 23, 2009, 11:28:42 PM »
Have you chosen a new CSM Legion to follow squids? Or are you going to make your own legion once more.....Welcome back to the battle brother! ;)
"Follow me if I advance! Kill me if I retreat! Avenge me if I die!" -Tactica Imperium

Rynnsguard HQ: My Imperial Blog

Anarchy's Heart: My Alpha Legion Blog

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #421 on: January 23, 2009, 11:50:24 PM »
I'll do my own legion, I don't care to stick with prefabricated ones.I'll figure out the scheme as I go.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Arkion

« Reply #422 on: January 24, 2009, 03:31:02 AM »
I dig the alpha legion.

Loving that daemon prince especially.

I've got some Khorne in the workshop, but I've got valid excuses as to why I can't show you them yet.  I'll hopefully join this motley group soon.

Offline SentientBee

« Reply #423 on: January 24, 2009, 06:56:00 AM »
From the great eye come my Chosen. Or. Possibly plague marines.
Honestly whichever ones seem more useful. Quite a large departure from my original scheme but I’ve never been a fan of brightly coloured infiltration units.

P.s Love the alpha legion defiler, really nice use of the whip arm.
« Last Edit: April 1, 2009, 11:20:26 AM by SentientBee »

Offline Master Bio-Titan BT

• Armies: Chaos Marines and Tyranids
« Reply #424 on: January 24, 2009, 11:44:20 AM »
Where or rather, from what did you get those heads/helmets?

Also, did you get the idea to use the Dark Angels veterans from the link in my Signature regarding Chosen Conversion?

2008 CSM Poster of the Year

My CSM Conversions & Tutorials (Updated 12-22-12) 

My Tyranid Conversions & Tutorials  (Updated 12-23-12)

Offline SentientBee

« Reply #425 on: January 24, 2009, 12:15:35 PM »
The heads are simply Pig Iron's Kolony Militia heads (From here http://www.pig-iron-productions.com/order.htm#), they fit rather well, being slightly smaller than the standard marine head.
And yep - nods to you Mr titan  :) (Sadly ebay seemed devoid of chaos backpacks however >.>).

I'm tempted to pick up the Koloney Militia HQ if onlt to make a champion with the peaked hat/helmet.

« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 12:18:22 PM by SentientBee »

Offline Dryad

• Go Jets Go
« Reply #426 on: January 24, 2009, 01:37:45 PM »
SentientBee, amazing paint jobs as always! I love the robes and heads, I just wish there was a tiny bit more "Chaos" to them... Obviousy hanging chains takes away from the stealthy look you are going for, so I was thinking that the CSM backpacks would at least have them stick out as definitely being Chaos.

Unsless you have them recently becoming traitors, in that case, the newer MK armor works fine and ignore my above statement  ;)

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
« Reply #427 on: January 24, 2009, 03:16:56 PM »
I have the basecoat done on the marines. I'll paint them in flesh-tones. Make them more affiliated with the large number of spawn in the army. Might call them the 'Legion of the Fleshy Curse' or something.

Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Unholy Worm

« Reply #428 on: January 25, 2009, 01:53:27 PM »
Cool army! Very neat and nice color scheme, look good to use for Nurgle marines. Though I think you lack metallics, like on the bolters and chainswords.

A wise man never fears, a man afraid does not thinck!

Offline WarpWhisperer

• I'm Alpharius
    • The Serpent's Lair - An Alpha Legion Forum
« Reply #429 on: January 25, 2009, 02:48:00 PM »
I dig the alpha legion.

Loving that daemon prince especially.

P.s Love the alpha legion defiler, really nice use of the whip arm.

Thanx guys ;D

Those Chosen are looking good; robes always go well with infiltratitors!

Those fleshy marines are looking....fleshy.  I can see the work that went into customising them. :)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 04:10:36 AM by WarpWhisperer »

"I encourage my men to explore the philosophy of bloodshed; to understand the intellectual structure that informs their killing" 'Alpharius', Legion

Offline bigshrap

• I am the bigggest Shrap!
« Reply #430 on: January 25, 2009, 04:37:17 PM »
Hi all,
       I hope this will be one of a few posts.I will be showing how I chose, build and paint my Undivided army.
   Firstly a quick biog. I am 41, have 4 kids,  and a full-time job. I say this just to let you all know that I don't have much spare money or time! I had to save for nearly a year to get the 200 GBP I wanted.
   How to choose your army? Get an idea of what you want the army to do/look like i.e. shooty, mech assult, all Khorne etc. Next, put it up on the board for others to look at. Follow this link.....

http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=176563.0

.....to see how all the lovely people helped me refine my army. This WILL SAVE YOU MONEY! You won't end up buying models you don't want.
   Next buy your models as cheaply as possible. In the UK the Indpendent stockist can be alot cheaper than most places. Gather them all together and compare what you have to your army list(I write a list of components, but I'm sad!). Make a note of what you are short of. You will have to go through bits boxes, use E-Bay or scrounge to get them. Also make a note of any extras you may have(heads,weapons etc).
    Now the fun starts.Putting them together. I normally start with a troop choose.This will give you a general feel for the army. It will also give you some figures to use as as testers for your paint scheme.Do as many as it takes until you like the result. Better to respray 4 or 5 models now than 4 or 5 squads later. Then just build away, remembering to add in any extra bits, weapon swaps etc.
    Thats it for now. Next post will show how far I've got, with pictures!
Tenebrae, Timor Et Obitus

Offline Calus Drakin

• Armies: Night Lords, Eldar
« Reply #431 on: February 5, 2009, 12:18:47 AM »
I finally got a good enough camera to take some pictures of my stuff. So without further ado, my Night Lords.

40 basic marines.

Works in progress. Clockwise from the right. 4 Bikers, 5 Terminators, Sorceror in Terminator Armour, and converted Dreadnaught.

;D

Hmm....thought I resized the Defiler smaller then that....certainly shows up a lot smaller on photobucket......
« Last Edit: February 5, 2009, 12:25:12 AM by Calus Drakin »
Considering my chosen armies are Vampire Counts and Night Lords, yes, I think "Back from the dead" is probably the most accurate description of my return.

Vampire Counts
     1 / 1 / 1

• Ancient
« Reply #432 on: February 18, 2009, 08:49:58 AM »

Posted on: February 7, 2009, 10:00:15 PM

The picture sizes are fine. There are codes in the first page of the thread you can put into the [img.]http://codes that shrink/expand any photo to a set size, thus resizing in external means is not really that important.

The Nightlordss look quite good. A good amount of the shots are blurry though, try putting the camera on a steady surface (mcguiver tripod) to prevent hand shake. Good size army though, you should be proud.

------------

Um, progress?

(Image removed from quote.)
Army as a whole, essentially 1500pts in this picture, besides extra spawn for GoC purposes. (only 9 are in the army proper).

Colour scheme, more orange now. Still working on it.

Um, Spawn and oblitorators, ya?

Posted on: February 16, 2009, 10:14:12 AM
My Chaos Space marines are done and I am working on a new paint scheme for my Lesser Daemons.

I'll get better pictures of the Flamers, when I finish the rest of the Daemons. But, you guys should get the idea.

Also, I have my Defiler pretty much done and I took a picture of my Giant Chaos Spawn (Greater Daemon) as I like the model a lot.

I am secretly triple posting, so I compined the three post in one I hope this works. I finished my army. Chaos Space marines are done. Bases, colour coded for convenience.

So, Daemon Prince, Greater Daemon, three squads of marines, two squads of Lesser Daemons, three oblitorators, nine spawn and thats about it.

Lessers

Chaos Marines

Obliterators

Spawn

Greater Daemon
(see above)
Daemon Prince

« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 11:21:37 AM by Killersquid »
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline sonsoftaurus

• Sons of Taurus
« Reply #433 on: February 18, 2009, 10:22:17 AM »
My "Hell Hounds" Word Bearers

More pics, WIP and links to batreps here:

http://bootae.ibforums.com/index.php?showtopic=10323&st=0

• Ancient
« Reply #434 on: February 18, 2009, 11:29:22 AM »
Cool looking army there sonsoftaurus,big too. The colours look great, though the silver looks like it's could use a bit of a wash to make it less flat (like on the terminator at the botom, the flamer and banner looks a bit weird with the solid silver, a bit of a darker wash should make that look better). That is actually, the only offender of that I see, as the colours look great on all the other models, so maybe it's just the lighting of the picture.

I looked though the linked thread, the fact you have the appropriate should pads is HOT. How many points is it?

Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline sonsoftaurus

• Sons of Taurus
« Reply #435 on: February 18, 2009, 11:46:13 AM »
Cool looking army there sonsoftaurus,big too. The colours look great, though the silver looks like it's could use a bit of a wash to make it less flat (like on the terminator at the botom, the flamer and banner looks a bit weird with the solid silver, a bit of a darker wash should make that look better). That is actually, the only offender of that I see, as the colours look great on all the other models, so maybe it's just the lighting of the picture.

Thanks.  Yeah, there are some things that could definitely be better without question.  Most don't really show at the tabletop level IMO, the closeups make me wince sometimes though.  Touchups on them are unfortunately pretty far down on my project list at the moment. 

I looked though the linked thread, the fact you have the appropriate should pads is HOT. How many points is it?

It's built to 1850.  DP, two squads of CSM w/Rhinos, Termies, Chosen, 2 daemon packs, dread/defiler/vindi.  At some point I'd like to add some more regular CSM in to be able to swap them in for some of the...less efficient options, but that's a long ways down the road.

• Ancient
« Reply #436 on: February 18, 2009, 12:12:36 PM »
Well, its the drying for a blackwash that takes the most time. Get the models with large areas of silver, get some black paint and heavily wash it down. Slap it on the silver weapons, wait to dry and then it'll look a whole lot better. I understand the time thing, I've been needing to take a long time working on my models due to a lack of it, but a good back wash and increase the depth of the area a whole lot and make them look a lot better. But really, the silver is the only thing that sticks on on the termiantor and a couple of marines. the Defiler and Daemon Prince, as well as the trim on the marines looks great.
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline Dryad

• Go Jets Go
« Reply #437 on: February 18, 2009, 01:48:53 PM »
Well, its the drying for a blackwash that takes the most time. Get the models with large areas of silver, get some black paint and heavily wash it down. Slap it on the silver weapons, wait to dry and then it'll look a whole lot better. I understand the time thing, I've been needing to take a long time working on my models due to a lack of it, but a good back wash and increase the depth of the area a whole lot and make them look a lot better. But really, the silver is the only thing that sticks on on the termiantor and a couple of marines. the Defiler and Daemon Prince, as well as the trim on the marines looks great.

Chime...

With red armor, I prefer the look of a brown wash on metal bitz. The contrast that develops is brilliant! With other colors of the spectrum, the black wash on metal owns for sure.

Offline Plague Tower of Nurgle

• Ork Boy
  • My troops are protected by "Nurgley Goodness"
    • Northeast Gamers Hub
« Reply #438 on: February 18, 2009, 03:50:35 PM »
i finally have some "action" shots of my Death Guard kicking some Grey Knights around, but i don't think anyone wants to see pictures of a FW tyrant proxied as a DP or some primered FW Plague Marines, striped or WIP vehicles. my only nearly finished model wasn't in any of the pictures and he died in the 2 turns i did not take pictures... such is the life of a sorcerer. my Warhound Titan does make an appearance though.. atleast parts of it do.
legion of sickness
lord of misery
after my death I rise in immortality
unleashing the horror my words are infected
feast on my rot
I am resurrected

resurrection of the rotten
resurrection of the dead

Offline Chosen Man

• Princeps Maximus, Swarmlord, High Lord of Rummy's Privy due to Pissing Him Off, Pookie noobkin, Now 5% less organic
  • Ancient
  • Yes my other car is an AT-AT....
« Reply #439 on: February 18, 2009, 09:48:20 PM »
While I'm not a fan of the Word Bearers(I Play AL, Got issues with WBs), I give you much props for a fully painted and very nice painted models that fit the army theme! Are you going to add more to that army?  Great stuff!
"Follow me if I advance! Kill me if I retreat! Avenge me if I die!" -Tactica Imperium

Rynnsguard HQ: My Imperial Blog

Anarchy's Heart: My Alpha Legion Blog