News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Liber Chaotica, Your Chaos Army [Pictures and army background]  (Read 216049 times)

Offline Chosen Man

• Princeps Maximus, Swarmlord, High Lord of Rummy's Privy due to Pissing Him Off, Pookie noobkin, Now 5% less organic
  • Ancient
  • Yes my other car is an AT-AT....
Re: Liber Chaotica, Your Chaos Army [Pictures and army background]
« Reply #400 on: December 14, 2008, 11:18:41 PM »
With the recent talk about Obliterators here I thought I would add another set of the older edition Oblits to the forces of chaos here.

This is an Alpha Legion themed Oblit squad. Made from older edition models, I have tried to give them more of a Borg/Robotic look to keep the demonic look from the theme of the Alpha lore.

Enjoy!
"Follow me if I advance! Kill me if I retreat! Avenge me if I die!" -Tactica Imperium

Rynnsguard HQ: My Imperial Blog

Anarchy's Heart: My Alpha Legion Blog

Offline Tanatos

« Reply #401 on: January 3, 2009, 01:59:25 PM »

Yeah i know that's one model only and it's WiP, but please tell me something about this what to do with him?
"Cast down the idols! Destroy the temples!
Slay the priests! Show these fools that they
worship nothing more than the rotting corpse!"
                                  Dark Apostole Harzhan
                                       of the Word Bearers

Offline Corax_rg

« Reply #402 on: January 10, 2009, 08:47:35 PM »
I hope its okay to link to another forum.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?showtopic=128240&st=100

Thats the thread with my army progress in it, i will eventually post all the images in here, but its late.

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #403 on: January 10, 2009, 09:30:23 PM »
I hope its okay to link to another forum.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?showtopic=128240&st=100

Thats the thread with my army progress in it, i will eventually post all the images in here, but its late.
Would be preferable, if you could post images here as well, instead of just a link. Like teasers.

They look very cool though. Fantastic paintjob.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Tanatos

« Reply #404 on: January 11, 2009, 08:50:02 AM »
Any word about WB? What should i do next? Horns and skulls are waiting...
Leave as it is?
                                  Dark Apostole Harzhan
                                       of the Word Bearers

Offline Corax_rg

« Reply #405 on: January 11, 2009, 06:20:04 PM »
Okay, here's the best images from my link.

There just the ones i have on this new computer. And they are also alot darker now as i washed them with devlan mud.

I think the look is over all improved. Also, the rock formation the lord is on is now finished. These pictures are from a while ago. And im crap at taking pictures. :)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 06:26:02 PM by Corax_rg »

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
« Reply #406 on: January 11, 2009, 06:55:36 PM »
Any word about WB? What should i do next? Horns and skulls are waiting...
Leave as it is?

Doesn't look too bad, though the metal on the trim, looks a little plain. Maybe more of a drybrush on black, then solid silver. The Pipes and the joints are fine.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Tanatos

« Reply #407 on: January 12, 2009, 11:13:06 AM »
Ok thanks, I'm going to work!
                                  Dark Apostole Harzhan
                                       of the Word Bearers

Offline Master Bio-Titan BT

• Armies: Chaos Marines and Tyranids
Defiler and magnets
« Reply #408 on: January 14, 2009, 12:20:45 AM »
At the request of JerseyBoy I am posting a few Defiler pictures of using magnets to swap out weaponry.  I don't feel its necessary to narrate the photos as they should speak for themselves.  If you have questions I will be glad to answer.

This last photo is an aluminum rod that I drilled into the torso and then fitted another larger aluminum rod into the head so that I can rotate the head on the torso and also makes packing the Defiler for transport much easier.  I am definately glad that I invested the time and conversion in doing that.

2008 CSM Poster of the Year

My CSM Conversions & Tutorials (Updated 12-22-12) 

My Tyranid Conversions & Tutorials  (Updated 12-23-12)

Offline Snike

• ...I personally prefer the term "beyond faith".
Re: Defiler and magnets
« Reply #409 on: January 14, 2009, 03:17:28 AM »
That's awesome. If you left the cannon and the pincer "fingers" and "elbow" unglued, you now have nearly fully poseable Defiler with swappable weaponry. Cool!
Also, what kind of magnes are those?
I'LL BE BACK SOON!

CSM - Nurgle - The Dead Company of Morgion - 4900+ points and growing
Nids - Hive Fleet Thanatos - 2100 points and growing (reaaally slowly)
Coming maybe someday: Orks - Da Black Jawz

Check this out! :D

« Reply #410 on: January 14, 2009, 10:49:59 AM »
That's awesome. If you left the cannon and the pincer "fingers" and "elbow" unglued, you now have nearly fully poseable Defiler with swappable weaponry. Cool!
Also, what kind of magnes are those?

The front arms are not glued down as they are posable, however the legs are glued down as they stopped holding the weight after a few games.

The magnets are Rare Earth Magnets.  They are just really big.  You'll notice in a few pictures that I used one that broke in half.

• Ancient
« Reply #411 on: January 14, 2009, 10:24:30 PM »
I am going to merge this with the 'showing off your models thread' either that, or the konversion forum. I don't think that a thread like this on it's own, belongs in this board.

Very good work though, Looks pretty clean and good. Is there any problem with the magnetized bitz rotating downwards? I've seen a lot of magnetizing done where only one pair is used and gravity puts the piece in a way you didn't intend.
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

« Reply #412 on: January 15, 2009, 11:27:22 PM »
Is there any problem with the magnetized bitz rotating downwards? I've seen a lot of magnetizing done where only one pair is used and gravity puts the piece in a way you didn't intend.

No, I don't have any problem with that as the magnets that I used for the Defiler are much larger and stronger than the smaller ones typically used for smaller conversions.

P.S.  If using the magent setup for the Defiler make sure to glue in the "Crossmember" into the Head of the Defiler before gluing the back hatch into place.  It will help centering the crossmember (where the magnet is glued to) in the head more easily.

Offline BrassScorpion

• Best Painted Baneblade
  • Join Us!
    • My Warhammer Miniature Pictures
My Chaos Army [Pictures and army background]
« Reply #413 on: January 16, 2009, 10:21:06 AM »
My custom legion has always been a renegade warband because I've collected all things Chaos for about 20 years regardless of look or Chaos power. If it's Chaos and it looks cool, and most things Chaos have always looked cool, I've collected it.

Pictures of some of my Chaos projects are in a thread here on 40Konline in the Konversion Forum. This includes Tower of Skulls, Brass Scorpions, scratch-converted Chaos Stormlord, Chaos Dreadnoughts, etc. For those seeking conversion help with Brass Scorpions, note that half of the guide that was on the GW US website for the first half of 2008 was based on one of my Brass Scorpion conversions. Information on how to get a conversion guide for Brass Scorpion or Tower of Skulls projects is contained in the thread at the Konversion Forum link I've provided above.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 11:10:03 AM by BrassScorpion »
"I hate movies where the men wear shorter skirts than the women." --- Mystery Science Theater 3000
"Better Smeg Than Dead." --- Red Dwarf

Offline WarpWhisperer

• I'm Alpharius
    • The Serpent's Lair - An Alpha Legion Forum
« Reply #414 on: January 20, 2009, 05:22:58 PM »
Very cool thread; my beer went flat whilst reading it :(

Hot on the heels of Chosen Man (Hiya Arkos) come more Alpha Legion from their hiding places:

Daemon-Captain Tiberion

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll246/WarpWhisperer/Mar08006.jpg
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll246/WarpWhisperer/Mar08005.jpg

Oblits built to obliterate!

An oldish Army Shot

Transport for the troops

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll246/WarpWhisperer/July08084.jpg

A recently fallen Techmarine (Oblit 'counts-as')

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll246/WarpWhisperer/Oct08002.jpg
http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll246/WarpWhisperer/Oct08003.jpg

More pics can be seen here: http://z15.invisionfree.com/Alpha_Legion_Forums/index.php?showtopic=613&st=0 and here: http://z15.invisionfree.com/Alpha_Legion_Forums/index.php?showtopic=851

(Sorry if that last pic is too large; photobucket's doing something strange there....)

"I encourage my men to explore the philosophy of bloodshed; to understand the intellectual structure that informs their killing" 'Alpharius', Legion

Offline Dryad

• Go Jets Go
« Reply #415 on: January 20, 2009, 07:04:42 PM »
WarpWhisperer, Nice to see some very well done Undivided models. I LOVE the rhino, that texture is super cool.

• Ancient
« Reply #416 on: January 20, 2009, 10:34:13 PM »
Very cool Alpha Legion army. I have not seen too many of them. The Techmarine-oblitorator is a very cool. idea. Good way to use an excellent loyalist model. The Daemon prince is pretty rocking as well.
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline Chosen Man

• Princeps Maximus, Swarmlord, High Lord of Rummy's Privy due to Pissing Him Off, Pookie noobkin, Now 5% less organic
  • Ancient
  • Yes my other car is an AT-AT....
« Reply #417 on: January 20, 2009, 10:36:30 PM »
BrassScorpions as always your work is awesome man! Can't wait to see your next creation for Chaos! ;)

AH! WarpWhisperer welcome to 40KOnline dude! As always I'm impressed with your Alpha Legion forces....and more Alpha Legion on display is always a good thing! We are everywhere, and nowhere! ;) Looking forward to seeing more of your army in the future.
"Follow me if I advance! Kill me if I retreat! Avenge me if I die!" -Tactica Imperium

Rynnsguard HQ: My Imperial Blog

Anarchy's Heart: My Alpha Legion Blog

Offline WarpWhisperer

• I'm Alpharius
    • The Serpent's Lair - An Alpha Legion Forum
« Reply #418 on: January 21, 2009, 05:12:54 AM »
Thanks for the comments, guys :) 

I LOVE the rhino, that texture is super cool.

Yes, I'm very proud of that; my discovery of textured wallpaper: http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll246/WarpWhisperer/WIPRhino.jpg

"I encourage my men to explore the philosophy of bloodshed; to understand the intellectual structure that informs their killing" 'Alpharius', Legion

• Ancient
« Reply #419 on: January 23, 2009, 07:29:38 PM »
I have decided to start playing chaos again. I digged up all my chaos models (besides mutants, traitors and hounds) and have been in the process of fixing and re-building them. Now I am going to re-prime all the marines, daemons and the Defiler. The spawn, Giant Spawn and Dragon just need touch-up paint.

Hopefully within a few weeks, I'll have them up and running. Might need to do a few more purchases though to make it up to par.

Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria