News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Iyanden List  (Read 204 times)

Offline Wandering Rogue

• I'm a llama!
Iyanden List
« on: December 11, 2003, 10:45:49 PM »
I was wondering if you guys could help me out with my Iyanden list.  Its 1500 Points and needs more mobility
HQ   
Farseer w/ Fortune, WB, SP   76
Farseer w/ Fortune, CC, SP   62

Troops   
Wraith Guard x10    350
      Warlock w/ conceal   31
Wraith Guard x10    350
      Warlock w/ conceal   31
Wraith Lord w/Bright Lance   120
Wraith Lord w/star cannon   120

Heavy Support   
War Walker w/Starcannon, Bright lance   100
War Walker x2 w/Starcannon, Bright lance   200

Elite   
Harlequin Death Jester   57

Total   1497

I was thinking about dropping the War Walkers and the death jester completely and then adding some Howling Banshees for counter assault to walk behind the Wraith guard walls and then either a swooping Hawk squad to take objectives and table quarters and such or possibly warp spiders for the same reason.  The banshees would also add mobility because of their fleet of foot.  Any help would be helpful.

Offline Savaughn

• Ancient
  • Afluffistic Fluff Heretic
Re: Iyanden List
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2003, 03:59:21 AM »
General experience is that Wraithguard on foot are not effective.  They can do much better in a Wave Serpent.  Fortune is not nearly as effective as guide in this list.  I would definitely look at augmenting the guard and lords with some of the classic suggestions including scorpions/banshees/vypers/reapers/etc.  Always match weapons on your walkers.  From a points perspective, I think three walkers might be too limiting in your other choices.  Drop at least one.
They say all is fair in love and war, but the love is better because then the Geneva Convention doesn't prevent you from using nerve gas.

Offline Bouargh

• Ancient
  • houba houba
    • Albums
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2003, 11:04:27 AM »
as previously advised, keep only 2 walkers and keep them in separated squads.
give to a walker the 2 sames weapons: it is less versatile but much more cost effective.

fortune is not that necessary here I think. guide and mind war will do a betterjob.

at least one WG needs to be put in a serpent: extra mobility is a key factor with them.

a counter strike or HtH unit would be nice: stormies may be?

10 WG in each unit are too much. separate one unit in 2*5 and use a warlock in one and a seer in the other one (the seer with mindwar if you decide to change).
enhance is sometimes a nasty surprise for the ennemy if enhanced unit is WG. Destructor also as it can open wide breach into swarms.

I would go with 2 seers,
5WG+warlock in serpent,
2*5WG (one with warlock),
2 WL
one WW,
and a big unit of Stormies with Warlock
Current FB armies: HE, Empire, Kislev allieds, Night gobbos, Chaos (Mortal, Beasts), Ogre kingdoms, Dogs of war, Dwarves

Feel free to visit my albums !

Offline Farseer Valar

• Master of the Warp
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2003, 03:37:29 PM »
Hey Patrick,

With two WG in wave serpents, you have the choice to hunt down and destroy two nasty things very fast. Let's say you have an opponent with two defilers...or even two monoliths....BAM..w ithin two turns it's over for them. Have some reapers and in my case-guided CTM Vypers- hang back and kill while fleet of footed troops make up the slack while the wraithlords lumber behind. I have a post on here a while back...like on page 2 or 3 where people have responded in...check it out.

C
Farseer in life, Wraithlord in Death