News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Unbeaten biel-tan army list.  (Read 2199 times)

Offline Alexander Falcorian

• Ancient
    • Eldaronline
Re: Unbeaten biel-tan army list.
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2003, 12:26:50 AM »
I'm not claiming it's unbeatable.... it just hasn't lost yet...  ;)  But I'm sure it will some day...

Anyhoo, it's faced just about every army and doesn't have a problem usually, there are enough Vypers and BL's to go around and destroy enemy tanks, so ordance hasn't really been a problem, and Leman Russ battle tanks are directfire and have to shoot the gaurdian screen.  And whirlwind's AP hasn't bothered me as I get my armour saves anyway.

This list functions under TVR and TAR just fine.

I play on a 6 foot by 4 foot table or in other words standard size.

Ahh, well good to know.  8)

However, I was 'talking' to the thread starter, mainly about his claim that Tau only get one round of shooting, making me think he plays on a small table without the TVR.  ;)
Into the fires of battle, unto the anvil of war! - Salamander Chapter Battle Cry

The whole point of naval fighting is to be able to go anywhere with every damned thing the Navy possesses. - Captain Grenfeld of the Hammer of Justice

You might as well try to catch starlight as bring the Eldar to battle.

Offline Ranger Astheria

• Formerly 'Ranger of Alaitoc'
  • Ancient
  • Holding onto a thread of hope...
    • Realm of Runes
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2003, 11:24:55 AM »
I'm not claiming it's unbeatable.... it just hasn't lost yet...  ;)  But I'm sure it will some day...

Anyhoo, it's faced just about every army and doesn't have a problem usually, there are enough Vypers and BL's to go around and destroy enemy tanks, so ordance hasn't really been a problem, and Leman Russ battle tanks are directfire and have to shoot the gaurdian screen.  And whirlwind's AP hasn't bothered me as I get my armour saves anyway.

This list functions under TVR and TAR just fine.

I play on a 6 foot by 4 foot table or in other words standard size.

Ahh, well good to know.  8)

However, I was 'talking' to the thread starter, mainly about his claim that Tau only get one round of shooting, making me think he plays on a small table without the TVR.  ;)

My bad ;)  and what you say makes sense.

As for shrine themed lists...

They are done very rarely due to the cost involved, and I have proxied the Scorpion shrine army and it does extremely well, even against power armour with the TAR and scorpions claw.  However they are very hard to do under the TVR but Scorps will still do fine if the exarchs have stealth and infiltrate is allowed.

Click my banner to visit Realm of Runes for all your WFB needs!

Offline Secret

• The final act of SecretC
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2003, 05:00:56 PM »
Nothing to scary in these lists. Not enough troops to take the punch off missile launchers and battle cannons and not enough troops to deal with armoured fists and hellhounds breaking the line.

The dark reaper one is very nice though. It's just the thing I take a Callidus for...
Please send me money or pixies will steal your socks.....

Offline Russnuss

« Reply #23 on: September 4, 2003, 07:41:08 PM »
That kind of list makes me happy I have multiple squads of Hawks wich bomb your guardians and engage your reapers while my support troops speed up in WSs.
Therefore, if the enemy is at ease, be able to exhaust him;

if the enemy is well fed, be able to starve him;

if the enemy is settled, be able to move him;

appear at places where he must rush to defend, and rush to places where he least expects.
                    Sun Tzu The Art of War

Offline Narvlen

« Reply #24 on: September 4, 2003, 09:06:22 PM »
Dark Elves could outmaneuver your transports,

Rasmus Wrong game  ;D ;)  (Note this just me Being Silly)

"There is no such thing as an unbeatable list."  

Agreed , We all have or weakness and you will find out at a Grand Tourament very very very Fast . ;)

One , two , three words for you ,
Bright Lance
Vyper
Fleet Of foot

each of these can be used to make short work of
a Battle Tank . Striking Scropions + Wave Serpent

« Last Edit: September 4, 2003, 09:08:00 PM by Narvlen »
Arguing Online like competing in the special Olympics

Member of League of 18 Tactician- Mechanized

" We Will let the Dice Decide "

Member of the prestigious 40k.ca commissariate

4K Cadian 33rd Ranger Division
4k Ork Army "wu-tang Clan"
2k Witchhunter

http://commissar.proboards22.com/index.cgi

Offline Dark Flame

• I messed with the wrong farseers AGAIN, yet somehow became an unactive Mod
  • Ancient
« Reply #25 on: September 4, 2003, 09:28:06 PM »
  The list could use a little more troops, maybe in the form of a gaurdian squad, but that just me, as I like my gaurdians, being an Ulthwe player.
  As to being unbeaten, good job, but it could be because your opponents don't understand tactics.  Remember, the army list won't win the game for you.  You have to have tactics, and some luck (dice rolls) to win.
  Both my Ulthwe lists (one Craftworld, one Strike Force) do quite well, but tactics are the main part.  My strike force is undefeated, and my regular lis has only lost thrice, both when I was starting out.

Offline nickthewise

• The Dice Abide
« Reply #26 on: September 5, 2003, 04:54:56 AM »
You have way to many anti tank weapons man, give the vypers starcannons, they'll kill 5 or 6 marines a turn

Offline Athaga Mor

• Baron von Blueskull
  • Ancient
  • mmm tacos
« Reply #27 on: September 5, 2003, 01:41:01 PM »
well... your armies are built on some fundamental B-T templates (that's not bad).

you're going to run into problems against troop heavy nids and orks, maybe even a kroot army (which, trust me, you don't want to lose to).  I also think a troop necron army is going to give you troubles.  You might have had success against these armies, but I'd wager those armies weere built with big targets or vehicles.

Starcannons and scatter lasers AND EMLs are missing.  You've got a fearful amount of anti-tank, however your weapon choices, IMO, are out of balance.

I also believe there is a chunk of wargear sitting on that army.  I don't doubt the choices you made with this regard, but I think you might need to play down some of those options in favor of extra troops (the mainstay of any B-T army).

I'll try to give you an example here: lets say you put everything in serps (good choice for a B-T army), however at a low pt list transports are eating up your list.. and yeah you need to move up fast and they do kill stuff with their tl-weapons.  If you take out two of those transports you'll be looking at ~230 pts, which in a 1000-1500 pt army can give you much better options in some cases.  *MY* answer to this dilemma would be to try to use terrain to the best of my ability and pick up some more troops.

Remember, yes, you are limited by the points, but so is your opponent.  If they take that land raider (and they very much might do that) that's a chunk of their points.  Putting a WL w/ a BL to the task of decoying the LR, while some scorps run forward... will probably result in the WL taking a wound or two and the scorps haywiring an unmoved LR.  Sure you take some wounds on the WL, but the haywires on the scorps cost significantly less than a serpent (which gave you the points to buy those haywires and another WL).

I don't mean to sound patronizing (if I sound that way)... I'm just trying to give you a different prespective.

Athaga Mor
Athaga Mor
40k - Deathguard CSM, Deathskullz Orks, Daemons, IG Traitors

Current project: painting my new chaos warhound titan