News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Warlock army idea  (Read 4461 times)

Offline Spirit Seer

• Bow before the might of Iyanden foolish mon-keigh.
Warlock army idea
« on: January 24, 2002, 04:37:25 PM »
listen to this, an Ulthwe army with a seer coucil that has around 75 warlocks, all with destructor, 2 farseers with no war gear except fortune and mind war, 2 squads of black guardian defenders

how does that sound? imagine the look on an oppenets face to see 75 heavy flamers marching down the battle fields?

total cost: 2091 NOT including guardian squads
-Seer
"The stars themselves once lived and died at our command, and yet you still dare to oppose our will."

Offline Wraithboss

• Most Potent of Geezers
  • Back from the dead, and ready to Party!
Re:Warlock army idea
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2002, 05:07:54 PM »
Great minds think alike. I'm building a similar army now.
I suggest that 5 of your Warlock have "Augment", to extend the range of your mind-war to 36". I'm Also gearing up my Coucil w/ spears and witchblades.

Don't forget the "Fortune"...

We need to hurry this into battle, before they change the rule. :D

`Boss!
" Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
                                    T. Roosevelt

Offline Farseer_Nimliiost

• Geek of Geekyness
  • War is my master, Death my mistress
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2002, 05:13:30 PM »
75 warlocks hmMmm fun :)
your understanding is not required mon-keigh, merely your surrender...

Offline dark_wind

• It's all fun and games until someone loses an arm
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2002, 05:31:02 PM »
that means you would hafta have....15 farseers...cause each farseer can only hold 5 warlocks...the max you could have would be 25 per seer council with 5 farseers..sorry guys
"And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths, and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals and fruit bats and...'skip a bit Brother...'"

-Monty Python and the Holy Grail

PROJECT 86 RULES!!!!!
                      http://project86.com/

fonkin

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2002, 06:19:14 PM »
No, you can field a Seer Council as an HQ using the Ulthwe craftworld rules that can have up to 5 farseers and ANY NUMBER of warlocks.  So you could field 5 farseers and up to around 42 warlocks with 2000 points, if you gave each one a witchblade or shining spear.  Heheh.  Annoying!  
You're remaining HQ unit would have to be a standard farseer plus up to 5 warlocks.  You can only have one Seer council per Ulthwe army detachment.  But if you are playing 2000 point games, you could run two detachments...
Don't forget to put a warlock with Enhance on each black guardian squad.  Cannon fodder with a WS of 5!  

Offline dark_wind

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2002, 06:58:17 PM »
ahhh....my eyes are opened...by the way fonkin you should really register...
"And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths, and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals and fruit bats and...'skip a bit Brother...'"

PROJECT 86 RULES!!!!!

Offline Farseer Lael

• Infinity Circuit
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2002, 07:05:05 PM »
I would love to do that, but why the hell would you want to have 75 warlocks just sitting down.

I'm tempted to have a 1500pt army with around 1000pts of seer council and 2 maxed out black guardian squads with a platform.
Lael Treventhius.
Farseer of the Craftworld Treventhius Psychic Warhost.

Unforgotten_Caste

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2002, 07:12:17 PM »
First and formost i'd love to see someone do that the only time i've seen a huge seer council was at a small mini tournament held a buncha of people someone went with around 30 Warlocks and the face on the Tau was just truly priceless, and just looking at all those Tau get burnt to death was FUNN!! and i was planning on doing that, but i don't wanna buy so many warlocks lol, i mean i'm already strapped for cash but o well

Offline dark_wind

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2002, 07:17:40 PM »
yeah buyin that many warlocks would cost a fortune!!!! and for poor people like me thats not an option...

PROJECT 86 RULES!!!!!

Offline Spirit Seer

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2002, 10:18:24 PM »
i dont have the kind of money to do that, and i dont play ulthwe. and you dont need to waste points on singing spears: 75 heavy flamers is quite enugh ;D

opponents face: :o,  :'(, or  ???
your face: ;D
-Seer
"The stars themselves once lived and died at our command, and yet you still dare to oppose our will."

Offline Khal Ynnoth

• Death before Dis-honour
  • Armies: Eldar - Saim Hann, Space Marines - Storm Crows
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2002, 07:51:46 PM »
*sigh*
[exasperated]Please[/exasperated]
Apart from the shock value of one off battles, just how dull could an army get, yes well done you've just poked a big hole in another codex, but you've just spoiled the rep of every Eldar player ever.

I'm embrassed in advance. If you think ppl give us a hard time about three wraithlords in an army, think about the flak this army would generate.

"I Khal Ynnoth of the Dyanni Muathi hereby make a blood oath by my Kin, by my Clan and by my Craftworld to defend and uphold the honour of our brothers of Saim Hann and their allies.
Their cause is ours, this blood seals our fates forever!"
 - Khal Ynnoth of the Dyanni Muathi

Offline Spirit Seer

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2002, 08:16:25 PM »
ive never thought of that, but the idea could at least work on newbies, bnut who would wanna do that?

It would work on my friend. i have a friend that plays ulthwe and one with a sm and Ig army. those are the only people i play against LOL, so if my eldar friend did that, i could take take 6 WL's in the same battle (i play iyanden), then team up on him. he never quits battles.

;D
-Seer

Offline Warlock_Rezo

• Rezo Firepower! BOOM!
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2002, 08:21:23 PM »
You can't take 6 wraithlords in Iyanden, just 3 like always. No more WL than WG are allowed.
Goooooo Rezo!

Offline Khal Ynnoth

• Death before Dis-honour
  • Armies: Eldar - Saim Hann, Space Marines - Storm Crows
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2002, 08:25:40 PM »
Unless you take the Harlequin WL as a HS choice.
Though who would agree to that if you were already taking an Iyanden army???

"I Khal Ynnoth of the Dyanni Muathi hereby make a blood oath by my Kin, by my Clan and by my Craftworld to defend and uphold the honour of our brothers of Saim Hann and their allies.
Their cause is ours, this blood seals our fates forever!"
 - Khal Ynnoth of the Dyanni Muathi

Offline Spirit Seer

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2002, 08:32:43 PM »
khal ynnoth:

exactly what i was thinking in terms of taking harlie Wl's

but in terms of who would play against that, my friend would, because if my ulthwe friend did the warlock idea, and i di the 6 WL idea, he would have o one else to play against

and plus, he doesn't know the full potential of WL's ( ;D) because im a relatively new eldar player
-Seer

Offline PsykerLord

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2002, 03:47:02 PM »
that's a pretty cool idea, although it'd be good to take another Fortune just in case the first fails, destroying that momentary look of hope on your opponent's face.
-PsykerLord

Offline Wraithboss

• Most Potent of Geezers
  • Back from the dead, and ready to Party!
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2002, 04:03:04 PM »
I'm pretty sure that "Fortune" can only be used 1 time per squad. Too bad, that...

`Boss!
" Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat."
                                    T. Roosevelt