News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 8th Edition. the current state of the galaxy.  (Read 1316 times)

Offline Mr Draken

• Armies: Saim-Hann, White Scars, Space Wolves, Catachans.
8th Edition. the current state of the galaxy.
« on: May 18, 2017, 07:02:35 AM »
So by now, we have an idea of the current state of the galaxy after the gathering strom. we have the light and dark imperium, a new crusade. chaos and the warp massively bleeding over into realspace... a tau expansion fleet vanishing... a new elder god.... and super space marines!

Wow... what a big jump for the lore.
What are we thinking so far? theories on what could come next? Lets get a good discussion on what we have so far, and what we get as the sneak peaks continue!
Carpe Diem Baby...

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
Re: 8th Edition. the current state of the galaxy.
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 09:12:02 AM »
I really think the vanishing Tau expansion fleet is an indication we're going to wind up with some kind of chaos or feral Tau or something. I think it will be a new subfaction of some kind, since the Farsight Enclaves just weren't doing it.

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: 8th Edition. the current state of the galaxy.
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 11:14:51 AM »
I think that the vanishing Tau will be used to let the Tau appear in Sectors that they previously haven't been able to. I hope that they end up a bit like the Legion of the Damned mysteriously appearing and disappearing at various war zones. 

The Great Rift is described as a very powerful storm where the very laws of physics fray at the edges as the inconsistencies of time fluctuations. I see this as an easy way for GW to introduce those Primarch's that go lost in the Eye of Terror.

Due to how the Great Rift supposedly distorts time it might even allow them to bring back some of the dead Primarch.
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Quote from: Cavalier
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!