News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Rogue Trader-esque Warbands and Character Conversions, and anything else I fancy  (Read 48575 times)

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
very nice

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Thanks guys :) glad you like them.

I like the idea of proto-Thunder Warriors. Or, perhaps  some other techno-barbarian warlord's forces from the Unification Era. Perhaps the Boetians or the Achaemenid Empire :)
Check out my Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders :)

Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders!

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Don't be scared little one, that's Zeerses. He's one of our best fighters, not that there's much of him left by now. Knew him as a boy. He was a fighter then too.

Offline Saim-Dann

As Magenb said... Very nice!
Cannot describe just how original this piece is, mate. Am sure you've heard me say this before, Ynneadwraith, but there has never been a unique design as this before on the forum. Your projects just keep improving and improving... Go, hard brother!!!

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Thanks a ton man :) I'm flattered! Even if I think it's patently untrue ;) we've got a real wealth of talent here, yourself included!

Latest messing about :) I usually find I've got enough bits knocking around to make 80% of half a dozen ideas I have, and then I have to order bits for the rest. What that tends to mean is there's quite a while of nothing and then everything comes at once when the bits order arrives :) this one's been waiting for ages!

What's that boy? Haven't you seen a Charlemagne before?

Offline Saim-Dann

Niiiiice!
Is that the head of an Empire guy? What rules will you have with this bloke? Thanks for the compliment... Be well!

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
Wow thats super bizarre, but I like it. Gives me an 80's anime, Vampire Hunter D vibe (which is a compliment!). Imaginative as always bud. Keep rocking!
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline flatworldsedge

• Corners conceal treasures
    • flatworldsedge photography
  • Armies: Eldar
Also love it, also intrigued to know what it will table as.  The barded lion/rhino vibe of the mount is ace.  Completely unexpected combination.  Massive impact.

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Thanks guys!

The head is actually a Space Wolf one, although i forget which kit. Fits rather nicely with Empire buts though :)

I actually haven't the foggiest what to run him as. To be honest, i've found the main 40k rulebook (and even things like Inquisimunda) a little restrictive when it comes to just making stuff i think is cool, so i've sort of stopped bothering about what a fair amount of guys would count as. Sometimes it's easy, but other stuff like this guy and my Techno-Greeks just don't have anything that fits :S

I have been slowly working on a bit of an expansion for Shadow War: Armageddon/Inquisimunda with a sort of formula-based method for giving points to whatever it is you like. It basically gives you the freedom to give rules to whatever creation you come up with and them play it using Shadow War's mechanics :)

I'm nearly done on the final touches for wargear and then i'll share it if anyone's interested :) i'd love to get some playtests in to see if there are any glaring issues!

Offline Saim-Dann

Niiiiice!
Why didn't I recognize the Space Wolf head? I have a Doggy army. Am so embarrassed. Some play testing sounds interesting. Looking forward to the results... Be well! 

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!

Mutant...xenos...who cares? Either way it's shoot on sight

Three things that are constants in the Scar. Strife...Sand...and Scalies. Blighters are everywhere

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
Great as ever Ynnead. I don't know how you do it, but you cram so much character into such a small mini. The world that you've created is just exceptional.
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Thanks man! Really glad you like them :)

I find a habit of compulsively purchasing unrelated bits that just look neat whenever I make a bits order helps with that...even if the wallet's not entirely on board with the idea :S

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
Sick. Love it man. It'd be super fun to hunt these suckers down in a game of Shadow War. Love how the bizarre factor only is increasing. As a kid from the 80s I miss the weirdness. Not everything can look cool. I say turn up the weird.

Keep rocking bud  ;D ;D ;D ;D

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Haha thanks man :) yeah it's nice sometimes just to make something that looks weird, wacky and a little bit pathetic. Makes a nice change of pace from making dudes that are meant to look epic or hard as nails ;)

Saying that, I do have plans for one of these you wouldn't want to bump into in a dark alley...

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!

"It's the scalies man. We think they're these stupid little critters but they're up to something. I can feel it. See, I made a map. Look. Can you see it? The pattern of what they're taking. They're up to something man."

"Have you been smoking the holy oil that dodgy Tech Priest sells again Len? You know what that stuff does to your brain."

Big scaly take us places looong time ago you see. Floating all over stars. Big scaly dead now, but no problem. We smart. We build float-ship. Star Priest take us up to see other scalies. When all scalies together you will see. Won't be you hunting us then. You will see big fella. - recording recovered from the remains of a looted maintenance servitor. A hoax, in the opinion of this expert. It is known that scalies do not have the capacity to learn Gothic.

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
I agree with Cav...everything looks like it would be perfect for a really narrative campaign in the Shadow War or Necromunda universes. Heck, maybe even Gorka Morka.

I love the nuggets of back story too. It really adds flavour and immerses you in the world. Great stuff Ynnead!
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
Niiiiiice. Love the Lizardman conversions. If I played Sigmar it'd be Lizardmen or Dwarves... I've been dying to do a countsas Grotesque conversion with Korxigors... love all the Lizardmen models to death. Sickening conversions my friend. The little Electopriest halo thing really adds a lot, as do the eerie eye covers. Creepy. Love the blue paint jobs, adds some nice color to the collection. Great stuff bud can't wait for more!

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Thanks guys! (I know i say that a lot but i mean it!)

You could have a ton of fun with a Necromunda-style thing played with a gamesmaster going through a narrative, and your right these would work really nicely for that :) must find sone like-minded folks here to do that with...

I've got a massive soft-spot for lizardmen too :) i think they were the second ever models i got after the obligatory introductory space marines. Kroxigor Grotesques would be awesome! I'm also hoping they'll do a bit of a faction-focus on them in AoS with some cool new models.

I've got one or two more planned for these little Scalies :) stand by!

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
"I saw it man! It was like a regular scaly but all jacked up and stuff. Like it'd taken a trip to the sawbones. Ripped that miner clean in half. I warned you about them man. I warned everyone but no-one listened."

"Look, calm down Len. I know you've been on the sauce, I can smell it. We went to look where you said but there was nothing there. Bit of blood on the sand, but that's hardly unusual in these parts."

I don't know, some lunatic babbling about how his whole town was killed by scalies.

Scalies? Them little idiot scavengers? I always knew the westerners were soft, but I never thought they'd manage to get themselves killed by scalies. Pathetic.

We find speaky box in big crashed float-ship. Speak funny but tell us looots of things. Tell us how to make spawn-tanks to make biiig scalies. Tell us how to make own float-ships. Tell us how to make Star Priests to see the way in float-ships. Told you to wait and see. Told you scalies smart, but did you listen? Oooh no.