News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The Grizzly's Xenos, Mechs and Pointy ears !  (Read 30182 times)

Offline Grizzlykin

• Run little eldar, run! ... And KILL THEM ALL !
  • Armies: Eldars, Tau, Necrons
Re: The grizzly's Eldar, Arvandor Craftworld,
« Reply #120 on: May 1, 2018, 02:54:42 PM »
Hey guy's small Grizz update  8)

@Dread
hey dread, glad to see you here :D Thanks for the agrath earth shade tips, it's been one of the things plaging my mind latly, I could not for the life of me think of the paint to do the wash on the red. So thanks for that I do plan to command a few things from games when the sallary drop but not too much I have things to change on the car tire and some other stuff.
Regarding infinity wars I wennt to see it with a friend the day it was out. I'm still not convinsed at all by 3D... (we didn't have the choice of the type of projection sadly), BUT the movie I found was really great. and i found way more depth in Talos than I expected, a great great surprise and a pleasure it was to watch.
Anyway thanks for the message :)

@dog_of_war
Hey man thanks for dropping by ^^. The red arm was unexpected?  I even said I would do it a few update ago :P  jokes aside, Yes it works well, I'm really happy with how it turned out. Regarding the fact that I should do it on the whole squad it's defenitly something I had planned to do. I have yet to figure out the full details of that (whole arm? one hand only?), but it's going to be done that's for sure. I have read the path of the eldar from gav thorpe and one things I loved about this book is the description of aspect temple, and how they say that each armor in the temple have some small difference. So I was thinking maybe if the temple of the burning hand, as I said it's bound to have one red hand but it could be different here and there like a shoulder pad red aswell, how far up the arm is it red coming from the hand etc. These are the small details I have yet to figure out.
Look forward to the next part then (maybe not the imidiate next but well) :D

@Cavalier
Hey Cav! Thanks for the message :D  I had thought you might like these dire avenger as they have some really popy color scheme, wich might fit your style ^^ I'm really happy with how they are turning out and I will do my best to have them work out in the table top somehow ^^
Regarding the game, it defently was tough game.  I dind't play it well but in between my lack of luck and the opponents ungodly one, it was really harsh. Really really harsh, but that happens some times and I have learn some things aswell as pushed myself in a direction I might not have taken otherwise (warlocks however pricy you may be, I'm looking at you). So far my playstile have nott been set in stone, but I have noticed a trend in game I have liked and won, I usually have a strong anchor somewhere and plenty of pesky things hitting the enemy from everywhere. Focused fire is the key with eldar, and not losing sigh of the mission objective would net me a better game overall aswell. I did a mistake when I sent everything on the character while I should have insted left something to divert his attention and then move the rest of my army on more intresting target. One thing I forgot aswell wich I just thought bout while writting this, the serpent shield offencive move! completly forgot about that one ... Lot's of hings to improve it seems.
Yeah speaking about serpents, I have been thinking about adding some to my army for a while now, it's one thing i'm cruelly lacking in, with only one of them. But I don't know if I'm gonna buy that many things now, ESPECIALLY now that I brough a Tau dex and intend to build a tau army. Eldar might have to wait a bit >< (I say that but I'm probably ggonna be a moron and stack the two on top of each other).
Command point usage aswell as banshee usage is somehting I'm gonna try to improve, I might actually not play any banshee for a while aswell, I have to see.
Regarding the culb thing, I saw a video rescently on youtube from tabletop minions, and he was saying, IF you can't find find a club, Why don't you just straight up create one.  That's somethign you might want to think about. I don't know how it is in canada but in france I think that be are willing to do some commuting if it allows them to play some nice game with nice people on a rather regulary basis. So may be give that a try. you have a fecbook page a podcast, this forum and probably other media at your disposition to set up something like this. If it's you it's defenetly possible.
Well Cav, glad you dropped by and you can look forward to me improving and bringing new stuff on here :D

Hobby

Ok so this was mainly an I answer the message type of update. But still have a look at where the DA are going and how I'm improving/advancing with them. There is that one thing with them I still don't know what color i'm going to do there shuricat... do you guy's have any idea?

Oh and you won't see my wraithknight in game for a while as i'm gradually taking it appart, for some painting :D

I had something else I wanted to say but I can't for the life of me rember what it was ! I guess it's gonna have to wait, hopefully I remember someday ><.

On that note, I will bee seing you next time :D

Grizzly out!
The Grizzly's Arvandor Craftworld!

Quote from: Cavalier
ALL HAIL THE TORNADO! The legend is REBORN.

Quote from: Alienscar
The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
« Reply #121 on: May 1, 2018, 09:29:15 PM »
There's so many options for the catapults that work with your colour scheme. Black with silver highlights would look cool. Mine I did very simply by painting usbanti bone with a sepia wash to give it a wraithbone kind of look.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #122 on: May 2, 2018, 01:23:40 AM »
Black grip, clip and site with red barrel.

Movie kicked butt. All I'm gonna say. Marvel out did them selves.

As for the plumage on the helmets, the earth shade works good on the orange too.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
« Reply #123 on: May 2, 2018, 03:59:00 AM »
Really liking how these Avengers are progressing Grizzly. The colours are really bold and well executed.

Have you considered a more neutral colour for some of the details? Something like a grey? It might balance the models nicely and allow those bright, primary colours to really stand out.

Great work Grizz!
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #124 on: May 6, 2018, 05:36:38 PM »
Gooooooooooood Evening everyone,  Grizzlykin here with some updatge again.

This week was not the most productive hobby I've had but I did pull some things during the week end, so let me guide you throught those things that happened.

Let's go in order then !!

GAME TIME !!!

Ok I had the pleasure of playing a game this saturday afternoon against a member of my local club.
The match up was barely know I knew it was astra militarum but not more about the list as I never saw him play them. Total unknown for me and I kinda wanted to test some things out.

I played the list I discussed in the eldar section, my first mechdar list attempt. And as luck would have it he also played a very mech heavy list it was intresting.

The game 1500 pts maelstrom mission the one with decreasing objective. Can't for the life of me remember the name sorry.

I brought this list :

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Aeldari - Craftworlds) [79 PL, 1496pts] ++

+ HQ +

Farseer : Guide, Doom, Shuriken Pistol, Singing Spear

Warlock : Protect/Jinx, Shuriken Pistol, Singing Spear

+ Troops +

Dire Avengers
. 4x Dire Avenger: 4x Avenger Shuriken Catapult
. Dire Avenger Exarch: Two Avenger Shuriken Catapults

Dire Avengers
. 4x Dire Avenger: 4x Avenger Shuriken Catapult
. Dire Avenger Exarch: Two Avenger Shuriken Catapults

Rangers : 8x Ranger

+ Elites +

Fire Dragons :
. 4x Fire Dragon: 4x Fusion Gun
. Fire Dragon Exarch: Firepike

+ Fast Attack +

Vypers ;
. Vyper: Shuriken Cannon, Shuriken Cannon
. Vyper: Shuriken Cannon, Shuriken Cannon

+ Heavy Support +

Falcon : Bright lance, Shuriken Cannon, Spirit Stones, Cristal targeting matrix

Fire Prism : Shuriken Cannon, Spirit Stones, Cristal targeting matrix

Support Weapons :
. Support Weapon: Shadow Weaver

+ Flyer +

Crimson Hunter Exarch : Two Bright Lances

+ Dedicated Transport +

Wave Serpent : Shuriken Cannon, Spirit Stones, Twin Shuriken Cannon

++ Total: [79 PL, 1496pts] ++

He came in with :

1 girl commander, a command squad, a commander leman russ (tirple plasma plus one lazcan, 2 valkyrie stock with 1 veterant squad in each. One squad with flamer everywhere and the other with 2or 3 fuser and one heavy flamer, a mantycore ( or somethign, with 4 big missile), to complete is list, icing on the cake, cherry on top, one big imperial knigh with chainsaw and the fat fuser.

Ok so let's get into deployment. We played the pointy one from the small side of the table, vanguard I think it's called. He chose his deploying side so I was the one to deploy first as per the rules of this scenario.

I placed everything behind cover expect the serpent maybe.  I placed my ranger in the only place I had a line of sigh on his commander, it just so happen to be an absurdly bad mistake. and I could only regret having done what I did later on.

he placed his aegis and most his army on the right flank (from my point of view) and his knight aswell the two valyrie holding the middle.

First turn for me was a mess.  I fired everything at one of the valkyrie, determined to get the kill something in the shooting phase objective I had. two bad, it was to live on with 4 hp. my ranger even took some pod shot at it. My placement was short.  I could not reach his command squad or commander, I had placed them too far. What a mistake... I had zoomed my serpent forward, hoping to get some close to be able to let my fire dragon let lose. It would back fire

this is during his movement phase.

His turn saw him moving forward shooting a bit of everything and with his knight he blew my serpent up, 3 avenger died in that incident. that was the most note worthy event in this turn. 
actually the only thing that happened, he got first blood from that.

Turn 2

Eldar eager to get payback in there moved to try to get ride of the knigh all gun blazing. a really good turn for the psychic, the only problem being the warlock failing to cast jinx on the knigh. I though it might not be a problem. the farseer threw his guide on the dragon, then doom on the knight and then smited the knigh for 3 wound thanks to the stratagem for pearless or something. The dragon wiffed the crimson hunter wiffed the thing that did the most dammage actually where the god damn support battery, that had to be a joke. Of the four fire dragon, guided and with target doomed, they only managed to wound once. AND IT WAS SAVED. Still with all the fire from the army I downed him to only 6-ish wound, droppping him 2 braquet. I tryied to do somthing with the ranger, runing them to on abjective that I was supposed to hold. Now that I think about it, I should have used fire and fade to get them on it. could have helped.

His turn, he rosted my ranger with flamer, dropped my crimson hunter on 4 wounds, with the knoight charged and killed my dragon etc, it was a butcher's dream.  where I failed yet again to do any dammaged, he pulled a marvelous destruction streak. Wounded heavily my fireprism aswell. He had great success this turn.

Let me stop here for tonigh I shall bring you the end later, I need to go to sleep in order to be in good shape tomorrow at work.

Hobby info while I'm at it.

Quick pictures of the DA getting better. You have one exemple of a fully base coated avenger aswelll. @Dread, your idea for the gun was really good. I like it. Now I only need to had the details. to this guy, and a was on the red (don't have the paint pot yet) and it will be done :) tabletop ready at least:P God it takes way to long to paint this. Doing the whole squad is soooooo gonna take forever.

There you go, coming soon with the end of the battle report and the next DA finished ^^

Grizzly ! ou... t... rrrrRRRrr ZZZzzzz rrRRrr ZZZzz rrrr ZZZZzzzzz

The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #125 on: May 7, 2018, 06:51:59 AM »
Looking good Grizzly :)

Bit tricky to see from the photo if you've done it already, but those headcrests take very nicely indeed to washes as well. Something like Carroberg Crimson would do a great job of picking out each individual strand ;)
Check out my Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders :)

Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders!

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
« Reply #126 on: May 7, 2018, 07:57:13 AM »
Tough luck on that game Grizz. The dice gods did not seem to be in your favour that day.

Liking the progress on the avengers. Is your exarch going to have the same gun pattern? It might get muddled having red arms with a red catapult.

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #127 on: May 7, 2018, 10:39:14 AM »
Damn Grizz that Avenger looks absolutley awesome. I love that paint scheme... its got so many cool little areas of interest but it all ties in. I love the eyes more than anything... but the red catapult also looks freaking sick. I didn't think I'd dig it, but now that I see it, I love it!

Tough luck on the game. But Imperial Guard are really freaking tough, especially with an Imperial Knight backing them up. In my experience you need a ton of anti-tank to deal with them reliably. Thats why I've got 2 Crimson Hunters in every list and a big huge unit of Dark Reapers ready to go (and also a lot of blasters with my Druhari). All in an Alaitoc detachment to mitigate as much return fire as possible.

If I was to offer any advice I'd try and some Dark Reapers and a Warlock who can conceal them into your list. Even without Alaitoc special rules, you can conceal them and then activate the Lightning Fast Reflexes stratagem to get them to -2 to hit.

I think without Dark Reapers Eldar really struggle in the anti-armor game. Jetbikes used to really carry the load on that but that doesnt work at all any more.

Anyway great stuff Grizz love the paint job, looking forward to hearing more about your game, I'd love to help if I can. Good luck bud and keep rocking on your paint jobs, they look awesome!
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
« Reply #128 on: May 7, 2018, 02:34:45 PM »
I'm with Cav here; I didn't think a red Catapult could work with that colour scheme. I thought it needed a neutral hit.

I was wrong.

It works really well. Really terrific result Grizz! The bold blue helm, the red crest and the red weapon all act as great counterpoints to each other. I think with a fairly neutral base, these Avengers will really rock!
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

Offline Dread

• Warlock
« Reply #129 on: May 7, 2018, 08:29:48 PM »
Would I steer you wrong? Glad you used my advice, they're gonna be so sweet. Also your game, sounds like what I go thru mostly. Good read tho, kept me entertained.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #130 on: May 10, 2018, 05:22:45 PM »
Ah it was about time I answered the questions and other stuff righ :D

Hello again ladies and gentleman today it's answer time and the end of the battle report (kinda).  8)

Didn't really have any time for hobby this week so I did not push the avengers further that's why there is nothign on that front either :)

Answers

@Ynneadwraith

Hey man, thanks for idea, they do indeed await a wash, and that red migh be a good solution. So far I have been using bloodletter glaze or fuegan orange. Might give a shot to your red.  I do intend to do a very light dry bruishing with some yellow-ish orange for some higlight effect :D So yeah, thanks for the tips.

@dog_of_war
Excellent question regarding the exarch and so far I have no answer.  I was thinking maybe a reverse color for the gun, compared to the basic guy's, an other option would be celestia grey like I used for the sword of the other one :).
Luck was it...  Dice are rarely ever in my favor, but if we concider the overall game I can say my opponnent had more or less the same absurdly bad luck as I did. So it was rather stable. The thing ois that this edition compared to 6th and 7th were I most played, eldar were so absurdly strong  even with tactical mistake I could pull thing out of my hat, It does not work anymore, defently, so I'm getting way more punished than I was before. Well to be fair, my dice were fairly worst than usual for the key target, the rest was fine.
Glad you dropped by and it's cool you are digging the Avenger aswell, I never hoped neither thought they woould turn out so great in the end.

@Cavalier
Cav!! Great you like it as well, I'm really really happy at how they turned out ;) 
Two crimson hunter right, maybe, one thing that could have helped would have been if my fire prism saw it but I did not so I was stuck with rather low fire power, but still for a 1500 pts game I do think I had quite the anti tank already.  Oh well I shall see in other games^^
Small rules thingy, lightning fast reflexes only work for unit with the fly key word do they not ? I don't think you can use it on reapers.  Well I'm gonna see later how things go.
You would love to help if you could...  that my friend I might have an idea for later ;) I do think your insigh could be really help full. You will have an idea about what I'm talking about next week, or late sunday (france time).

@Looshkin
Glad you dropped by aswell :) I was kinda thinking it could work out but as you say, terific result compared to what I had in mind aswell. The blue helm was really random at first, I was thinking what color can I use to push the light blue of the armor up and will contrast nicely with the orange "hair". Well blue is complementary, let's give it a shot I thought. and now with a guy nearly finished it's absurd how well everything mesh together !
Neutral base, I use the basing from GW the kinda greyish one. so I think it's gonna be great !

@Dread
Honestly I thought it would make for to much red, but it's because I was thinking lazy, the black sight and mlagasine, make ALL the difference. So Dread, I never thought you would lead me astray, BUT WHAT AN INSIGHT that was for these guy's.
Thanks really.
Ahaha well there are some people in the world that the dice god do not favor. We just happen to be part of that crew. A shame for 40k games but it still is fun, especially when your opponent is just as much in that group as you. The end is coming, hopefully it will entertain you just as much.

Gosh It took SOOOOO FREAKIN LONG FOR ME TO ANSWER TO ALL THOSE MESSAGES ! I'm nearly to lazy to conider finishing the bat rep but I said I would do it so let's do it ^^

GAME TIME (finaly)

Turn 3 so me not so happy with the way the game was proceding.  I tried yet again to blast that damned imperial knight, I shuffled my tanks around a bit, Try to get the fire prism away from his enclave it was traped in but I was never supposed to go very well with how I let myself to be caught earlyer, stranded in that corner it had no chance. I zoomed my vyper on obj 5 at the power plant because I had to cpa it. They fired a bit at the veteran in the ruine killing a few. The falcon moved to get a line of sight on the damned enemy. The crimson zoomed out of this place trying to get a  postion of visibility on the two hidden tank behind the building, while keeping line of sigh on the knight in case it needed to take some shots at it. Result. Fired eveything at this damned thing again failing to kill it again, between insane save throwes and me rolling ones even with guide and doom, it was trully depressing, most of all I tried to kill his commander so I jinx his armor save, but because I could not kill the knight I was stuck not being able to shoot at it. My avenger did wipe the command squad with some support from the support batterie. Giving me a victory points from card.

I had one more intresting thing planed aswell. Since I had the charge something objective card, I just charged the knight with everything that could, being my farseer, my warlock and my avenger squad. Owerwatch saw one avenger die. then every one got in combat. now that I think about it I should have charged the veteran squad with the prism aswell.
The combat resulted in my farseer wiffing totally, then the knight killing my warlcok with the counter attack stragtagem. and my dire avenger did nothing. Point wise I did bridge the gap with a 3 on my D3 rooll for charging ^^.

His turn 3 was more sucessfull. he scored a bit more point for killing things and killing a character. The knight disengaged and with the commander leman russ blew my falcon up. the lone dire avenger left barely survived I don't know how he did it. One support weapon took some damamge, The fire prism blew up aswell.  My vyper were left alone.
The farseer got killed during the cc phase by the knight charging.
My opponent completly caught up in point thanks to the assassinate card and other objective he completed.

end of turn 3

Turn 4.
Huuuum turn 4 was not really the most intresting turn for me and it was the most wiffed turn ever ! Yet It was also the most epic turn ever.
So I just picked assasinate, his comander is in the middle of nowhere and don't have anything to cover for her. So I zoomed my really hurt crimson hunter begging for it to do something, same for the lone surviving avenger, I jumped him toward that commander. Result to show?  NOTHING !  the crimson wiffed 3 of his shot the only shot he manage to hit/ wound (yes it failled to wound with on brigh lance agains imperial human, even with a command reroll, double 1!!!!). AND THE LAST SHOT YOU ASK? Imperial armor saved the day. Invul sav boosted by going to the ground, resulting in a 4 plus that he passed thanks to a command reroll. the Dire avenger did manage to inflict one wound thought I'm proud of that exarch! the vyper killed one squad of veteran with morale on the other side of the board.
The knight being still in the way, witht the support battery I shot a bit of everything without accompluishing anything. Knight is on 2 wounds now if you want to know ><.

his turn 4 saw one of the most comic situation of the game, his unarmed valyrie shot everything it had in my avenger. It survived with one hp. it was just such a laught I though he was safe but not even 23 sec later he dies to the nearly dead other valkirye from some random missile shot from a tiny space inbeetween two buildings. The knight decided to wipe my support weapons, well, it did, uninpended. Still It lost one wound to the overwatch lol. My crimson hunter died early to the leman russ firing everyhting into it.

Turn 5 !!
Well turn five rince and repeat ><
At this point I had nothing left to hope for. the game was lost but for the fun of it I played it.  The vyper aided with one support weapon wasted the other veteran squad. And the last support weapon tried to kill the knoight again, without success.

This is during his movement phase.

His turn 5 saw him cleaning the last support weapon, one of them with the chainsword for the heck of it, god was it fun to imagine.

We threw the dice and the game ended on that.  If i recall correctly the end score was 9 for the eldar to 12 for the imperial guards.

As a final fun extra turn I threw my vyper to fire at the knight and he was finally killed 8). But it was out of the game time so it does not count :P

This game was defenitly fun to play, but I ended the day completly spent. Trying to play against the dice make everything more complicated strategicaly and my mind was nearly blank at the end of this day.

I had some real fun, and with my opponnet of the day we decided, we will try once to play together in the same team. Because you know negative + negative = postitive, so maybe, maybe, we can turn our luck around that way.  But if it does not work, he probably his going to be my main opponent to play against, because If I don't I'm gonna get destroyed by the other guy's, just because of dice.

Hope you guy's liked this small not really formal battle report.  God it took me an hour to write all this, it take really too beslubbering long lol.

I will see you in a few days then.

Grizzly out and off to bed !

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #131 on: May 10, 2018, 05:44:56 PM »
Nice board layout with the far corner being all trashed and the still standing building on the other side and the corridor of open ground running up the middle to meet the imperial HQ :)

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #132 on: May 10, 2018, 05:50:40 PM »
Nice board layout with the far corner being all trashed and the still standing building on the other side and the corridor of open ground running up the middle to meet the imperial HQ :)

Quick answer because I had to brag about it, I'm really proud of the board layout, I am not responsible for any of the decors, but the bord layout was my set up idea. It was defenetly looking good and really thematic with the eldar on the destroyed side and the imperial defending the other :D
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 05:52:34 PM by Grizzlykin »

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #133 on: May 13, 2018, 01:54:35 AM »
Loving those fully painted Avengers, Grizzly! Your glaze method really paid off, didn't it ;D? I think my favorite small detail is the bright orange glow of the visor lenses, looks so cool and no doubt menacing to all of the craftworld's foes!

Also loving the board, I can see that much love and work has gone into it. The ruined cityscape would be great for some cities of death (if anyone still plays that, haha).
JohnMaloneBooks website - Blog #3 - From Novella to Novel

- 5/5 Reader's Favorite Review!

A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition is coming soon w/ audiobook!

Offline Grizzlykin

Re: The Grizzly's Xenos, Mechs and Pointy ears !
« Reply #134 on: May 14, 2018, 04:21:42 PM »
An other Grizz Update  8)

@Myental
I'm sorry I have absolutly no idea what cities of death is ><  can't tell you if anyone still plays it :P Thanks for droppping bye still ^^ And it's really satisfing haveing everyone saying they like my DA with how long I struggled with them.

Ok so let's get into the meat of the update Hihihihihi

you might have noticed something when coming here... The blogs name changed. AND YOU ALL KNOW what that means ! It's Tau time !  I have been talking about that for a while so here have a look.

This here is a pic of all the minis I had lying around at home. You will spot some not so much xenos kind of things in here it's the Maccrage set marrines from way back plus a dreadnough I got a a present when I was just starting out ^^. Yes they are not painted, Yes it's an heresy, YES I don't care ! I'M A XENOS MAN !

Ok enough non-sens :P

here are the pictures

Ok so for the Tau it's now time to start a discution about the colour scheme, I am not fixed on it yet, so I do have a bit of open minded ness about it.  One thing I was thinking about was either go for variance of the scorpion 82 scheme but using mechanicus grey as a base then higlight of mephiston red and kantor blue as the main support color. The other option I was thinking about was following a simillar color skeem to Mu'gulath Bay, using a base of mechanicus grey under for the cloth, and some maccrage blue with darkenoff night shade to darken it as the main armor color. Details would comm in either red of some turquoise kind of blue or sipmple ligh blue. It's really up in the air for the moment, I am not fixated on it yet. Any suggestion? I do have to say that for now, I really like how these drones I painted 9ish year ago look (color scheme wise. Also, for the army, there are a few things I bought on ebay that should be making there way over in not too long of a time. I will try to fixe my painting direction with them for the time I got everything here. So that I can give a big ass spray to the whole army at the same time ^^.

Hope you are liking and intrested in what coming, and by the way, OF COURSE I'm still gonna paint the eldar aswell :D

I should be trying to be doing some terrain aswell soon, I got a bunch of coke can and other stuff I want to turn into industrial-ish complexe.

Well, I will see you in the next update

Grizzly out !

Ps: Just noticed I broke my rule of not buying anything until all my guy's where painted... OH well not that important I guess :P
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 04:24:57 PM by Grizzlykin »

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #135 on: May 18, 2018, 07:27:48 PM »
Good evening everyone, it's one in the morning here so it's kinda not evening anymore but let's just role with it ^^

Small hobby update

Pointy ears side :

Ok so I have been painting my dire avengers gradually so here is a progress pic, I nearly have a whole msu squad painted \o/ only one gun left and some small details here and there :D

Mechs side:

I have received a few of the Tau I ordered so I will be sure to do a full army pick once I have received everything :) But for now, please enjoy some exploration for my painting scheme  8) I do feel it's gonna be the end product color wise. I need a second higlighting type color to go along the red, I was thinking maybe some light/electrique blue for tau logo etc. something like teclis or lothern blue. Anyway, enjoy the pictures :)

Extra bits side :

So I don't know if I mentionned it but we are holding a competition at my local game group for table pieces, I have barely strated assembling a few things but here is what I have started for now. I'm going for a kind of oldish rockish house. for now it's just a few wall but I intend to incorporate coke can etc as a kind of industrial systeme juxtaposed with the house :) Well you guy's will see it once I'm done. I really need to buy some pva glue now that I think about it.

Game time :

Well I have game planed for tomorrow at my local group we are going for a 2v2, 1000+1000vs1000+1000 xenos versus imperium, I will be playing with a tau friend and we did prepare some really funky fun list fish of fury and guided reapers on the menu >< I think it's really either hit or miss. It's either we perform like monsters or we just flop splendidly.

Well that's all for today. Hopefully I will be seeing you again soon. ;D

Grizzly Out!

Offline Dread

• Warlock
« Reply #136 on: May 19, 2018, 03:28:16 AM »
I dig the colors on your Tau. Will really show the catchup before they get eaten. Seriously tho, I do love the scheme, to many white and orange around here.

As for the building, you really picked the perfect foam to use. It so fun to pick at to make damage and weathering before paint.

Good luck in your game and have fun.

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #137 on: May 19, 2018, 03:59:47 PM »
@Myental
I'm sorry I have absolutly no idea what cities of death is ><  can't tell you if anyone still plays it :P Thanks for droppping bye still ^^ And it's really satisfing haveing everyone saying they like my DA with how long I struggled with them.

No worries ^_^, Cities of Death was an old supplement for Warhammer 40k back in the day that focused on skirmishes and battles in urban terrain. Always saw it and read battle reports that featured the rules set, but never played it myself.

I think there is actually some City of Death rules kept somewhere in the 8th Edition 40k Rulebook. Not certain about that though, I will have to take a look when I get the chance.

On another note, I'm liking the beginnings of your Tau Army. I see you like some color consistency between your various armies, which is cool ;D. Cannot wait to see these guys painted up!
JohnMaloneBooks website - Blog #3 - From Novella to Novel

- 5/5 Reader's Favorite Review!

A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition is coming soon w/ audiobook!

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #138 on: June 13, 2018, 04:29:46 PM »
Grizzly update... It seems I left myself drift on ebay for too long again...

OK so painting wise, not much to say I didn't have much time to paint recently. But as I said I drifted on ebay and other website for buying minis a bit to long again...

Well, I might aswell show you :D this is where my Tau army is heading and btw, I do Intend to play one of the hammerhead as longstrike. I roughly have 2000 point here, and a whole lot of stripping to do. What I will need to buy in no later on, is a commander, because for now I'm probably gonna proxy with crisis suit but I will need to buy one if only because the model is cool. Probably more two than one :p

For the color, you can maybe spot I did some test with red and blue, but some friend said it did not really fit. Wich I do think so a bit aswell. Yet I can't say my current color scheme makes me happy so I will try a few things for a while until I do find what color I want to have. And then it's going to be building and painting time!!!

Grizzly out!

Ps : Don't worry I'm never quitting eldar, way to many unit I need to buy still :P

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #139 on: June 13, 2018, 05:08:19 PM »
Ah your Eldar have coerced some Tau into taking on some of their battles, very nice :)

will be good to see what you do with them.