News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: HeroQuest - Quest for the BloodOrb - Quest 1  (Read 20851 times)

Offline skoops6

• Armies: those pointy eared dudes with the ninja star guns
Re: HeroQuest - Quest for the BloodOrb - Quest 1
« Reply #20 on: May 3, 2013, 09:51:51 AM »
Nellin moved into the crowd of bodies now in the hallway, using his fellow questers as handy meat-shields. He then made himself small (not particularly hard for him) and waited for someone stupider braver to enter the room first.
You mean a gaming and miniatures company has devised a way to encourage you to buy more of their product? The FIENDS!

Offline faitherun (Fay-ith-er-run)

• Armies: Pointy Ears and bugs
« Reply #21 on: May 3, 2013, 10:31:49 AM »
Thod looked around at all the others, none of whom seemed interested in doing anything remotely brave save for the Dwarf Lori.

Moving up next to him, Thod looked down at the dwarf and said, "How bout we make a wager; I say I can kill more uglies in these bloody tunnels then you"

So, what your saying is it's not your fault you look stupid by using words you don't get?
Flawless logic.

Offline Wiggus

• Happiness is Mandatory
  • Ancient
  • For the greater good!!!!!
« Reply #22 on: May 3, 2013, 10:39:25 AM »
Lori looked upwards "Aye ill take ye money" again lifting his boot gave the door an almighty kick that made the last one look like a polite knock from a pansy elfling
My name is Steven Wilson
My friends call me Wiggy
My enemies call me Mr Wilson
You may call me Sir!
'Who Dares Wins'
'Better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6'
'I love being a writer; I just dont like the paper work'
'Don't make me angry, you wont like it when im angry'

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
« Reply #23 on: May 3, 2013, 01:33:53 PM »
The hardy dwarven boot kicks at the door, cracking the frame slightly before the door swings open wildly.
The room inside is dimly lit with two half-empty braziers, one by the far wall and one hanging over a torturer's rack, which luckily is empty.
The room, however, is not. With skulls turning hollow eyes towards the door in what might be a sort of morbid surprise, two skeletons and a half-rotten cleaver-wielding corpse start to slowly shamble towards the door. It appears that they were just standing around idly, and were not aware even of the approach of the ever-stealthy dwarf with the steel boots.

The heroes won the surprise-roll, meaning you get to act before the undead have a chance to attack you, and they are placed at a disadvantage in the room itself..

Next deadline May 6th.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline Lonewolf

• Cthulhu cultist, The Final Solution | Swarmlord | Staff Soap Spotter
  • Ancient
  • Murdering armies since 2003 - retired since 2012
« Reply #24 on: May 3, 2013, 01:58:11 PM »
As soon as Wiggus makes his move, Gimli will engage the cleaver-zombie.

With a roar Gimli charges straight into the fray, hacking wildly at the legs of the zombie.

No problem, I'll give you a 100% increase in pay effective immediately and retroactive to 1999.

Offline Wiggus

• Happiness is Mandatory
  • Ancient
« Reply #25 on: May 3, 2013, 02:08:23 PM »
Lori Warhammer held over shoulder tucks his head and giving a hearty war cry charges head long in to the skeleton straight ahead, "Looks like first blood to me manling."
My name is Steven Wilson
My friends call me Wiggy
You may call me Sir!
'Who Dares Wins'

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
« Reply #26 on: May 3, 2013, 06:09:19 PM »
"Fool Dwaarrf, there be no blood in 'dem bones to spill."

Althion will move into the lower right corner.

If I'm allowed, I'll then loose an arrow at the as yet unengaged Skelly in the lower left. If he becomes engaged, I'll shoot at a target behind the highest toughness warrior. That should give me the least likelihood of hurting someone by accident...

If I'm not allowed to move and shoot, then Althion will just move to the nice, safe corner, and notch an arrow for next turn. :)

Offline Lonewolf

• Ancient
« Reply #27 on: May 3, 2013, 06:23:53 PM »
*fears to be the first "friendly fire" accident*

No problem, I'll give you a 100% increase in pay effective immediately and retroactive to 1999.

Offline skoops6

« Reply #28 on: May 3, 2013, 09:15:56 PM »
I assume that my stealth ability allows me to move through enemies, or just their deathzones? if I can, I want to move behind the zombie and give gimli a hand. if not, I'll move into the room somewhere, use my bow next turn
You mean a gaming and miniatures company has devised a way to encourage you to buy more of their product? The FIENDS!

« Reply #29 on: May 3, 2013, 09:34:22 PM »
Thod laughed, "It matters not who gets the first blood upon their metal, little dwarf, only who kills the most!"

With that he charged into the skeleton in the corner, swinging his sword to go straight across and through its torso.
So, what your saying is it's not your fault you look stupid by using words you don't get?
Flawless logic.

Offline Stitch

• The Angel's Talon
« Reply #30 on: May 4, 2013, 05:31:24 AM »
"Go on, Thod! Get in there! I've got your back!" Rudolf shouted, as he bravely ran into the room, sword blazing, behind everyone else.

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #31 on: May 4, 2013, 08:45:32 AM »
As everyone posted I will proceed with the actual combat ahead of scheduel.

Ori, rushing into the room, comes face to face with the undead horror lifting its sword at him and freezes in place, staring in terrified awe at the skeleton as it creaks into action.
Gimli, suffering no such hesitation, raises his axe but stumbles just before ending his swing into the necrotic flesh. The zombie, its jaw agape, sees the opportunity and brings its cleaver down upon the dwarf. While the shield is out of place and cannot aid much against the clumsy blow, the leather armour still offers a modicum of protection, and Gimli grunts and blood is sprayed from his shoulder.
Thod rushes into the room, but as he sees Ori freeze up he looks, truly looks, at what he is about the fight, and the terror grips his iron heart, cooling it. He staggers, blade lifted, but cannot bring himself to attack.
The Skeleton before him therefore turns towards Rudolf who had not intended to be actively engaged, and now finds himself face to face with the undead monstrosity. Finding that survival is preferable to lethal impalement on the skeleton's blade he swings out with his sword. The blade hits true, embedding itself into the skeleton's ribcage, and when trying to retrieve the blade it slides upwards, knocking the head off the creature, and the rest just tumbles into a pile upon the filthy floor! Stunned, Rudolph stares at his blade in disbelief.
The skeleton before Ori lifts his blade, and while the dwarf stares up at it in mute terror the monster brings it down, cutting into his chest! Blood trickles out of the now gashed shirt, staining it red.
The zombie lifts his cleaver but fails to land the blow to Gimli, who steps out of the way.
Ori, shaking free from the horror that gripped him, and staining the floor red with his blood, hammers into the skeleton with his warhammer. The blow hits and knocks a chip of bone off the monster.
Gimli hacks at the zombie, but fails miserably, the swing going wild and nearly turning around, letting the monster hack at him from behind! However, the blow hits the armoured shoulder, and it slides off. Completing the turn in a whirlwind the dwarven-forged axe cuts the rotting corpse in two, dropping the remains on the floor.
Althion draws his arrow back, but in the swirling melee the arrow goes wide, Hitting Gimli! The arrow glances the back of his neck and clatters away in under the rack.
Nellin ducks down and shoots up between Ori's legs, hitting the skeleton. The arrow hits soundly, shattering the breastbone and felling the skeleton to a heap on the floor.

Ori fails his Bravery.
Gimli succeeds with his, but fumbles against the Zombie, who inflicts one wound on him.
Thos fails his Bravery.
Rudolph succeeds with his Bravery and scores a critical hit on the skeleton, inflicting 5 wounds on in (it only has three), killing it.
Skeleton scores one wound on Ori.
The zombie misses Gimli.
Ori succeeds with Bravery and hits the skeleton for one wound.
Gimli fumbles his attack, letting the zombie get a free shot which he hits with critically! However, the critical hit offers only an extra attack, and this fails hilariously, fumbling, allowing Gimli a free attack in return, scoring three wounds and murdering the zombie.
Althion tries his shot, fumbles and hits Gimli, killing him on the spot. To avoid this, Gimli spends a Fate point and avoids all harm.
Nellin scores a hit and the last two wounds off the skeleton.

All heroes gain 8 gold coins from the battle.
The updated stats appear so.

Player   TheBigTree
Character   Althion Griffoneer 
Role   Elven Archer

Gold   13

Arrows   6
   1 in current room

Wounds   3

Fate   2

Player   Stitch
Character   Rudolf von Heinz a.k.a. "The Nose"
Role   Human warrior

Gold   28

Wounds   3

Fate   2

Player   Wiggus
Character   Lori Orepacer
Role   Dwarf Runecaster

Gold   13

Spell components   3

Wounds   2

Fate   2

Player   Faitherun
Character   Thod 
Role   Human Barbarian

Gold   13

Wounds   3

Fate   2

Player   Skoops6
Character   Knee-High Nellin
Role   Halfling Thief

Gold   18

Arrows   6
   1 in current room

Wounds   3

Fate   2

Player   Lonewolf
Character   Gimli
Role   Dwarf Warrior

Gold   28

Spell components   

Arrows   

Wounds   2

Fate   1

The heroes are now free to search the room for treasures, traps and secret doors. Archers can also spend a turn trying to retrieve their shot arrows.

Next deadline May 7th
« Last Edit: May 4, 2013, 01:39:13 PM by Rasmus »

Offline Lonewolf

• Ancient
« Reply #32 on: May 4, 2013, 10:24:27 AM »
Your dice must be worse than mine Rasmus, 3 fumbles in one short encounter?  :P

"Ha, that showed that bastard not to mess with a dwarf!", exclaimed Gimli after the fight against the clearly very skilled zombie. "That was fun, now to business."

Gimli searches for treasure.

Offline Wiggus

• Happiness is Mandatory
  • Ancient
« Reply #33 on: May 4, 2013, 11:05:59 AM »
Lori prods his open wound "bah but he be a ugly fekker caught me unawares that did but that still be my kill manling." Lori searches for hidden doors
My name is Steven Wilson
My friends call me Wiggy
You may call me Sir!
'Who Dares Wins'

Offline Spectral Arbor

• Major
  • Thanks for the help.
« Reply #34 on: May 4, 2013, 11:36:27 AM »
Althion will attempt to retrieve his arrow.

« Reply #35 on: May 4, 2013, 01:20:40 PM »
Thod walks over to Rudolf, and slapping him on the shoulder hard says, "Ya lucky that skeleton was so frightened by me he forgot how to block! Hahaha"

Turning away he contemplates what just happened and why he failed to swing...
Flawless logic.

Offline skoops6

« Reply #36 on: May 4, 2013, 11:23:12 PM »
"I think you owe me a drink when we get back, Ori! Keep your eyes open for traps boys" Nellin says as he searches for his arrow.
Edit: changed post as per Rasmus's advice
« Last Edit: May 6, 2013, 01:33:33 AM by skoops6 »

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #37 on: May 5, 2013, 08:34:51 AM »
[[And this is what the game looks like to my mind. If you do something suitably epic I might pose these things up and snap a few pictures. :)

And skoop - if you want one of the dwarves to look for traps - the best thing you can possibly do is tell them, in character. ]]

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #38 on: May 7, 2013, 03:57:56 PM »

Searching through the room and recently re-dead corpses Gimli finds and pries a small pearl out of the mouth of one of the skeletons. It looks to be worth about 50 gold, and he quickly pockets it.
Lori taps the walls of the room and finds a hidden panel in the far wall.
Althion retrieves his arrow but it is smashed and useless, only fit to be discarded. Much the same luck befalls Nellin whose arrow is also broken.
Peering into the newly revealed room shows a small alcove with a chest at the far end, and a slowly shambling corpse.

You succeed with the surprise and you get to move before the zombie gets out of the room.
Changes in your arrowcount and treasure are noted.

Next deadline May 10th

Offline Lonewolf

• Ancient
« Reply #39 on: May 7, 2013, 04:47:23 PM »
Highly motivated by his last find, Gimli charges head on into the next Zombie, roaring the famous dwarf battle cry:"Gold, GOLD, GOLD!!!"