News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The WAAAAGH to end my WAAAAGH. Feral, Freebootaz, and speed freaks OH MY....  (Read 2555 times)

Offline typhon

• Wych | Free Boota Ork
  • warboss of the SUN and DA MOON orks
OK to Start I have a confession I need to address first and foremost.  Which is

TOP TEN REASONS I PROCRASTINATE
                                                                          1)........

OK with that aside I need motivation and hopefully this will give it to me since I'm looking to go full bore back into the modeling and painting.  After a very trying few months with some major health issues and there is  nothing like too sick to play with my plastic crack what is the world coming too. 

SO then the plan here is to finish every dark and twisted and absolutely mad ork Idea I have in my head.  SO here is the basics of the waaagh right now.  It is the sun and moon war band currently which is the bad moon and the evil suns war bands but I can't stop there.  So I'm doing this or my feral orks and my free bootaz ork band that will be joining my army. 

As for the feral ork simple face plates and larger beast for trukks and then I want to come up with a calvary beast for the bikes still tossing that idea around but leaning to a type of bird animal for that but I am really still at a toss up here cause why would an ork be riding a bird but if it was a really cool bird it might work.  SO if you guys have any ideas on warbike for a feral ork army I'll take them.  As for the trucks I'm leaning to something out of the WHFB orges line for them.

Now as for my freebootaz I'm really liking the Pirate ork theme here but more of a pirated.  I want to have nothing running on wheels so having looted storm ravens as battle wagons and of course I need the main battle barge which I have seen a wonderful one made from a stompa kit which I will probably rob that wonderful idea from.  As for trukks there I'm thinking of modified raiders orked up and widened to make it more ork satiable. 

So I hope this will get my motivation fired up to make my orks the biggest and baddest waaagh around plus have alot of fun making this army.   Plus hope to have pics of the starting points of the army up soon. 

Of course the first thing on my list is I need to make tank tracks for my bad moon battle wagons.  No wait  this is  first thing I need to complete is my mek need to get 5 mega nobs suited up and sent to the boss asap.

Post Merge: November  9, 2012, 11:03:36 AM
In the future, please use the modify button. Double posting is against the forum rules, and for that reason, the system merged your posts.

OK here are the start to my very over due mega nobs for the boss I hope to have most of them done tonight well completed up to the hydraulic parts.

Of course I have a long way to go to get them to this level

Plus just wanted to post what I'm currently painting for the army my Dakka jet   I still need alot more layers before i get into the orange and dark red areas.

Plus this will be my only stock dakka jet since OD made a wonderful one for the JYC last time.

As for what is next I need to make some big shootas to for future conversions so I might try and get them made up and maybe a little tutorial for them.  Plus as for the first looted tank  in the army I think the Dark eldar raider is going to take the prize. 

Plus does anyone know how to make tank trakks???
« Last Edit: November 9, 2012, 11:03:37 AM by typhon »

Offline Guildmage Aech

• FLAMER: Ego Bigger than his Common Sense Centre | 40KO's Care Bear of Spite | Dolphin Death Dealer | 40K Oracle
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Personal text
Ambitious, hopefully it goes well. I find occasionally its good to try and make the models painted to models purchased ratio look at bit heathier too!

I like the mega-armouring of regular nobs.
Rules Expert 2007 | Kijayle Commemorative Award for Acid Wit 2008 | Most Notoriously Valuable Rules Expert 2009 | Most Notorious 2014

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
Wow I am super excited to see this project in the works, especially with how great your mega nobz turned out in the past.

As far as trax goes, Skeetergod did his own custom traxx for his big traxx model he built awhile back.  They turned out really good.  I would ask him.  I think he cut out sections of plasticard and glued them down, I forget what he used to form them but i know he had some works in progress, don't remember which competition it was for though.   

As for pirates, i have several ogre pirate ideas i found on the net, I am in the process of doing some smaller konversions in my Ogre kingdom army.

I also did some other konversions using Minatour bodies which are turning out pretty good.   Though I have hit some speed bumbs already and my work with green stuff and plasticard is very limited. 

Also glad to see you feeling better and in better spirits.  Nothing like some good projects to get your feet wet again.  As soon as I get settled in my new job I will be up and getting back at it again.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2012, 09:58:36 PM by angel of death 007 »

Offline typhon

• Wych | Free Boota Ork
Thanks I'll have to pic at skeet's brain on the tracks.   

Plus I hope you get settled and back at it the green stuff skills will come just like plastic card did.  But the mega nobs are the hardest plastic card work I have done to date.

Plus I'm thinking of doing a deff wing army too the horror the horror but will be great when I'm done.

Up date 11/15/12

my first raider has arrived an here comes my first problem look something new  to work on I can hear Old Black TooF  yelling at  his mek Wazrunt to get started on his free boota flying machines but then more problems arise here how to modify it well make it bigger I mean my scrawny little mek it quite comfie.  I thought of making it longer but it's as long as a truck so I really don't think I need to do this but it mist go wider.  I'll figure out something and post some dissection pics

Plus I think I figured out how I'm going to do my feral orks but that will wait for now. 
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 01:58:16 PM by typhon »

Offline Ginger farseer

• Ork Yoof
  • Armies: Space wolves, Eldar, Orks
With the feral orks, a lot of people have used fantasy ork boar boyz as a base, and they often look very good. However, if you want to go more ambitious a bird of some sort sounds great.

I have often dreamed of a dark eldar looted ork force, with konverted raiders (and more recently) razorwings with orks hanging onto the edges as they go at great speeds (could be a battle wagon?). Cant wait for the pics of your WIP raider.

Anyway, good luck with whatever mad project you come up with!
Be nice to nerds, you'll probably be working for them.

What if by 'fly you fools'  Gandalf was actually telling the fellowship to call the eagles and fly to Mordor?

"Thunder rolled... It rolled a six"

+++Melon melon melon+++
+++out of cheese error redo from start+++
+++Divide by cucumber error. Please reinstall universe and reboot+++

Offline typhon

• Wych | Free Boota Ork
OK here we go,  I got my raider you don't know how bad I want to get to choppin on this pretty little thing into a proper ork flying machine.  SO here is my dilemma on this flyer it too freaking small example A

So here is my solution which is to chop along the blue lines in theory it is sound, well it seem to be pretty good.

after the precision ork cuts I'm going to plastic card in about an inch of plastic card that should make it the same size as a trukk.  Plus will probably use more engines on the back of the raiders the it will need a better steering blade in the back cause a DE one is so tiny.  but will modify the front ram on the raider.

Now on too my tracks for the battle wagon and trukk tracks I'm getting closer to the resin casting for mass production cause I would go insane if I made everyone.   The only problem I have is what to put on the top of the tracks still debating this. 
Plus I need to finish the drive sprockets and the finish the guide roller wheels. of course it still needs some sanding and green stuff filling  and a brief

plus this is the just the top of the tracks  the bottom is just a sprue cut  and sanded to fit the roller wheel

plus I've started to dive into the crappy part of nob build the feet but I have started the process  here is the back of a completed lower leg just waiting to be attached to the main body.  Might have to sand to make the fit just the way i want it.

here is a pick of the foot with out the shin guards

Plus if these turn out as good as the first nine I will have to do a tutorial  on how to make them

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
Traxx look good, though they are very detailed and uniform.   I might go with something that is fleximble maybe a real thin plasicard and make the full traxx for each side.  Then cut out rectangular sections of plasticard and glue them with a little spacing in between.   Making them piece by piece will look awesome but it is going to kill you on time, especially with that traxx design.