News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Typhon's waagh revamp.  (Read 1143 times)

Offline typhon

• Wych | Free Boota Ork
  • warboss of the SUN and DA MOON orks
Typhon's waagh revamp.
« on: March 31, 2012, 09:28:08 AM »
I have finally started to focus on the waagh that has been fun to watch grow into a massive amount of unfinished project and un assembled sprues and half the army in the wonderful grey color scheme. 

Plus I'm not going for just one clan I want them all to help with the boredom I am expecting to indore with painting all those models.  besides its orks boyz boyz boyz and then more boyz. 

I have some Ideas well alot to be honest.  I'm currently working on my army clan alignments and it's difficult to say the least.  So I'll work it out as I go  and it should work out in the end.  I will in the end of it all have all the clans lead by ghazzy himself.
I am also planning to add a good bit of feral orks too I have a really good idea for them I want waagh rides that I will use as bikers when they are done. 

SO first on the block is my speed freak element which includes it's warboss and his battle wagon and two trukks in support with slugga boyz.  Then my rokkit buggies and my nob bikers that will probably have add ons later. 

SO here is what I have so far the start of my Nobz for my battle wagon

first war boss and his attack squig my first major greenstuff conversion

here is a picture of the squig

then here is some of the nobz

the big choppas are conversions plus should I paint the black one or leave it black???

plus next up is make these boyz speed freaks too

plus they need good coat of red and then all new bases.

Offline Ork E Nuff

• Ork Boy
  • 'ere WE go, 'ere WE go, 'ere WE go!!!!!
  • Armies: Orks, SM (occassionally)
Re: Typhon's waagh revamp.
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 06:38:15 PM »

"I am also planning to add a good bit of feral orks too I have a really good idea for them I want waagh rides that I will use as bikers when they are done."

I really like your work so far.  The warboss and squig are excellent!

For the feral theme, I've been toying with this idea:  get ahold of the WH ork boarboyz box.  5 orcs on wildly crazy boars.  The figures are big, possibly use them as nobz.  Weapons swaps for some, big shootas for all, scratchbuild some smokey tailpipes, and viola!  Instant Boarboyz for 40k.  They count as bikes, same stat-lines, etc.  Keep the colors within the pallet you are using for your figures and they'll fit right in. 

Just an idea, thought I'd share.

O E N
Blood n Guts is nuffin more dan bio-d-gradible axle grease.....Remember, that which does not kill you, will only try harder the next time...I've named me attack squig "Skippy"....is that wrong?