News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The Sixth Plane (Game Thread)  (Read 29726 times)

Offline Killskin

• Wise men wonder while strong men die.
  • Armies: Da Orks
Re: The Sixth Plane (Game Thread)
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2012, 05:21:36 PM »
Kane grew tired of the silence. "First off," he asked, "where are we and how did you get stuck here? You also called this a gateway, gateway to where?"
"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death."
    +++ Count Vlad von Carstein +++

Offline Saracenar

• Skarboy Nob
  • "Ugh..."
  • Armies: Malifaux :P
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2012, 02:08:31 AM »
Azyre appeared with its eye completely green again. "What did you do to me!?" it questioned, frantically looking about. When no answer came, it realised what had happened, feeling the connection between itself and Therese. "How...? You are not spirit or demon...you are not from here!"

Kane cut across with his questions before it could go on. "I...this is...the Gateway. I don't think it goes anywhere; it's just ruin that we all know as 'the Gateway' - at least, that's all I've ever heard anyone call it. I got stuck here when I followed a group of djinn. They were talking...they left. I stayed behind to look around, and then suddenly all these colours appeared around the plateau, and I couldn't pass through them to get away from here! Then I saw you lot at a distance, and thought you were the djinn coming back. So I hid."

Therese could tell it was flustered. From it to her flowed an emanation of fear and confusion. Of course, it was obvious to tell that it was this way without the connection, but she noted it all the same. She could sense its emotions, and as long as she remained the dominant will between them, it could not sense hers.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 02:11:27 AM by Saracenar »

Offline The Nightwalker

• Ork Boy
  • Just Passing Through
  • Armies: Deffskullz
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2012, 08:08:18 AM »
"A fair enough answer, but one that brings another question to the front. What are the djinn? Tell us everything about them." The thief sat back on his spot on the rubble, in deep thought. There was a lot to consider.

Offline Saracenar

• Skarboy Nob
  • "Ugh..."
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2012, 08:38:49 AM »
"What are they?" Azyre repeated, its eye slowly turning blue again. "The ones that were here were spirits. There were four of them. I couldn't get close enough to see what they looked like, but one of them was bigger than the others, and another was around my size. Not much else I can say about them."

It shook its head, its eye beginning to turn yellow again, but this time with a hint of red mixing into the swirl. "I don't want to tell you these things!" it shouted. "Don't force me to tell you! I don't know what you've done to me but I don't like it!"

Therese realised it was trying to break free of her mental bindings. A pulsating anger flooded the connection between them, but she knew the demon had little chance of overcoming her.

Lilith found little beyond the archway different to what already surrounded them. There was no movement, and no other forms of life that she could see. The swirling wall of colours seemed to encircle the entire plateau without parting anywhere. If what Azyre said was true, they would not be able to pass through, with physical bodies at least.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 10:43:43 PM by Saracenar »

Offline Heretek

• General Freyberg | Out, damn'd Grot! | Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2012, 01:31:41 PM »
Therese sighed, beginning to find the demon's distress irritating. With a curt wave of her hand, she dismissed Azyre, returning its essence within herself. She would have to find the time to talk to him at some point; she bore Azyre no particular ill will and didn't see the point in making her new servant suffer needlessly.

"That's enough for now. We should continue our search toward the gate."

Offline Killskin

« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2012, 07:52:55 PM »
"It`s not gate, it`s gateWAY," said Kane, "and according to your little friend, this is it, and he couldn`t leave this place, so what makes you so sure that we can?"

Offline The Nightwalker

• Ork Boy
  • Just Passing Through
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2012, 08:29:59 PM »
"Well if it makes you feel better, no barrier can stop my passing. I assume Lillith has the same power, though I may have had more practice with that particular spell. Also there is plenty more space even within the barrier, there may be a way out after all." Shadow said all this still from the pile he had been using as a bench, his voice still silky smooth with that touch of withdraw.

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Fsteak
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2012, 10:17:20 PM »
"If none of us can leave, in all likelihood neither could Alexander," reasoned Giuseppe, "but we should at least try. Kane can stay here, since he has so eloquently expressed his lack of interest in leaving."
Play League of Legends? Send me a friend request: IGN: "IRiseAgainstYou" NA server.

Offline Killskin

« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2012, 11:10:33 PM »
"Watch what you say, Italian," Kane said, "you are very analytical, but some of your conclusions are best to keep to yourself. For your own good. Besides, who says that Alexander even ended up here and not somewhere else?"

Offline azore24

• Infinity Circuit
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2012, 03:46:18 AM »
Lilith felt great.  Really great.  Greater than she rightly should have.  On Earth, she'd be panting from mental exhaustion from her transformation, but here it was as simple as climbing a small hill, or a short ladder.  Even though she could see nothing of interest even with her gryffon form's eyes, she was still excited over her increased magical ability.

As she caught her breath, Lilith listened to the goings on with the demon, which rapidly devolved into Kane and Shadow fighting with one another again.  This time, though, Giuseppe was getting involved on Shadow's side.  God, these people were going to get themselves, as well as Lilith, killed if they didn't shape up.

"Hey, everyone," said Lilith chipperly, "I'm pretty sure we can do magic here more easily than we could on Earth.  That last spell I did would normally have left me winded, but this time it was only a minor strain.  That'll surely help us to survive on this plane, don't you think?"  Lilith was trying to diffuse the tension by directing the group to more positive matters.  Hopefully it would work.

Lilith then turned to Therese, "Would you mind asking your new demon when exactly this area changed?  I'm thinking it could be a result of our ritual, or of that ... thing pulling us here."

Azore of Ath-Ron
Unsophisticated players might think that the Letter of the rules is more important than the Spirit - but the Letter isn't liable to sneak up behind you with an axe if you abuse it.
"Esprit de Core," 2005

Offline The Nightwalker

• Ork Boy
  • Just Passing Through
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2012, 09:04:49 AM »
"Yes, I to noticed that. I can weave my illusions as if it was the most natural thing in the world, very peculiar." Shadow said this for two reasons. Firstly, to confirm what Lillith was saying. Secondly, to remind Kane what had happened last time his temper had got the better of him.

"Now, I believe there must be more of those creatures here somewhere. Maybe one's with more information. I think we should try hunting them down. Lillith my dear, will you fly with me? Maybe we can spot one."

"Umbra mutatio ista mortali carne mea. Da mihi pennas sicut aquilae volare. Precipio etiam ut dominus." As the final word left his mouth he was replaced by a Golden Eagle and he leapt up into the sky. He did not wish to soar forever and waste precious energy, but only to take flight and scan the surrounding area with his new vision for a few moments.

Offline Killskin

« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2012, 10:59:01 AM »
"I thought he would never leave," said Kane as Odoacer flew off. "We`re gonna be here forever at this rate. What makes him so sure that a demon would readily start giving out information anyway? You saw how cooperative that Azyre fellow was and we`re wasting time going around asking for information we won`t get. We might as well start walking, it`s better than standing around here asking random demons for help."

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Fsteak
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2012, 02:43:09 PM »
Giuseppe chuckled. "The only reason Azyre was uncooperative was because you lost your head and tried to kill him. No doubt that made him predisposed to hate you. This time, however, I think you may be right. Demons are fickle, dangerous creatures. It isn't a coincidence that they are the antagonists in so many myths and legends on Earth. Perhaps that group of spirits Azyre mentioned might be a better place to start."
Play League of Legends? Send me a friend request: IGN: "IRiseAgainstYou" NA server.

Offline azore24

• Infinity Circuit
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2012, 07:07:18 PM »
Before Lilith could respond to Shadow, he was off and working his magic.  It was a terrible idea to break the concentration of someone mid-casting, so there was nothing to be done.  She really didn't care to spend more energy on transforming when she didn't have to, and what if they did meet some more powerful demons?  That didn't sound like a good thing to do while exhausted from flight and transformation.  Plus, Shadow likely didn't weave magic anywhere near as overt on a regular basis, so he'd tire within five or ten minutes from the stress.

She called to him, "Shadow!  Don't just fly off, we should stick together for safety's sake, and I'd rather not rapidly change my forms if I can avoid it.  If you don't give your body some time to rest, it will take more and more out of you.  Besides, we have a demon here who probably has a lot of information, if the ones asking the questions were less ... antagonistic.  Besides, what will you do when you come upon a demon, but you're exhausted from maintaining your form for such a long time?"

Lilith was beginning to think that just outright killing Shadow and Kane would give the other three a better chance for survival, but that thought quickly flitted back out of her mind as that would be wrong.  At least Therese was competent enough to shackle the demon when given the chance, and Giuseppe had, at least, not shown himself to be an idiot.

At the very least, now that they had a source of some information, Lilith could use a bit of a rest just to acclimate her mind to the new world they were all in.

Azore of Ath-Ron
Unsophisticated players might think that the Letter of the rules is more important than the Spirit - but the Letter isn't liable to sneak up behind you with an axe if you abuse it.
"Esprit de Core," 2005

Offline Saracenar

• Skarboy Nob
  • "Ugh..."
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2012, 03:10:09 AM »
Just as Shadow took flight, a tear appeared in the roof of the rainbow dome imprisoning them. Where the dome was a constantly shifting mixture of every shade of every colour imaginable, it was quickly replaced by a sky of maroon, as the tear grew larger and larger.

In a matter of moments the walls were gone. The plateau was revealed to be raised a few metres above ground. What was most eye-catching was the odd assortment of terrain all around them. On one side they were flanked by a tropical forest; on the other by a dusty tundra, ahead of them was black-soiled land with lava veins running through it, and behind was a dank marshland. In the distance, mountains and volcanoes towered above the land, which appeared to be a haphazard spattering of all kinds of landscapes.

From his vantage point high above the others, Shadow spied a group of entities at least four strong moving towards the plateau through the tundra. He guessed at their speed they would arrive in a matter of minutes, ten at the most.

Offline The Nightwalker

• Ork Boy
  • Just Passing Through
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2012, 09:17:12 AM »
Shadow dived back down into the middle of the group at a high speed, then just before he touched the ground he changed back into his natural self. After a second or two he started to speak to the group in a fairly neutral tone, "I was correct in that I found some more creatures. There are atleast four of them heading this way from that tundra there. They will be here in just a matter of minutes."

"Also Lilith my dear, I had no intention of chasing down demons or leaving the group. I simply wished to discover where they were in comparison to us." He smiled under his hood, "now may I suggest we get off this plateau while the dome is gone."

Offline Killskin

« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2012, 10:46:21 AM »
"Of course we can get off this plateau," Kane said sarcastically, "Would you rather freeze there, burn there, get mauled by wild animals there, or contract an insect-carried disease there?" As Kane spoke he pointed to the tundra, land of lava, forest, and marsh respectively.

Offline The Nightwalker

• Ork Boy
  • Just Passing Through
« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2012, 10:53:58 AM »
"Awe your afraid of a few little furry animals, how quaint. Also Im not convinced the basics of the world are the same here. We very well may have no problems at any of them. Besides the fact that we are in some strange demon infested hell ofcourse." Shadow said laughing.

"Well what do the rest of you think? Meet the creatures, or get moving?" He said suddenly more serious.

Offline Killskin

« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2012, 11:14:31 AM »
"Your not convinced that the basics of the real world apply here, huh?" Kane looked over to the land of lava. "In that case how about you go jump into one of those lava rivers over there and tell me what happens. Also I find your humor very dry and unamusing."

Offline azore24

• Infinity Circuit
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2012, 02:02:00 PM »
"Well," said Lilith, "I don't think any of those areas look particularly inviting, though I don't know what choice we have.  If we go into one, I'd say the marsh or the trees, personally.  None of us are really dressed for the ice and no one can really do well in a firey land.  So, if we are to run, we'd best go one of those two ways.  On the other hand, if we are to stand and fight, we'd best come up with a plan.  Perhaps if Shadow and I work together, we can separate the demons so that we can have them in one-on-one confrontations, but I'm still not sure how well that would go."

Lilith waited for the two to respond, hoping one of the others would chime in to sway the argument to one side or the other before this came to blows between the two.

Azore of Ath-Ron
"Esprit de Core," 2005