News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: My old squat army....  (Read 4111 times)

Offline glock_22

My old squat army....
« on: October 29, 2010, 03:25:25 AM »
I had a Squat army for Epic back in the day.  I think this edition of 40K would be great for Squats, with all the vehicles that are used now.  Think of some of those war engines in a game of Apocalypse!  The Cyclops, Gyrocopters, Colossus, The Land Train, The Goliath Mega Cannon, and Overlord Airship.  Not to mention all the bikes and trikes.  That would be pretty cool to see.

Offline Iridescente

• Sognando sotto l'arcobaleno
Re: My old squat army....
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 04:36:18 AM »
Squats never had a Codex made for them, but they did have a full army list in the Warhammer 40K Compendium.  They had plenty of support in their model range, and could field an entire army back in the day.  They had ranges of metal and plastic kits for troops, plus heavy weapon teams, warlord and hearthguard retinue both in carapace and exo-armor, if I recall correctly, and bike and trike teams, also for regular and exo-armor.  As far as vehicles go, they could only field Rhinos, I believe, but that's not really a mark against them, since at the time Eldar didn't have any tanks at all.
Just playing along,
Bourhgen

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 05:29:34 AM »
As far as vehicles go, they could only field Rhinos, I believe, but that's not really a mark against them, since at the time Eldar didn't have any tanks at all.
The Squats had a bunch more vehicles, rules on the subject were a bit more lax back then, and in one of the two lists they made for them they had Landraiders and predators as well.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline hooliovoncoolio

• The player of dead races.
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 09:35:41 PM »
I believe as long as you field something of the same size, with GW weapons, its playable?

If not, my entire AT-43 Squat Vehicle arsenal is done.
I'd be surprised if the above post wasn't squat related.

Offline a13xa

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 12:31:37 PM »
I think that it would be great to use the Squat Army for the 40K edition as well!! It would be one hell of a combo and there would be a real of warfare all round us!! This is worth trying and it will help us to play much more interesting games with more options to choose from!! I hope we will see it come back into the game someday and hope this will be seriously considered seriously!!
Power

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2010, 12:55:50 PM »
Welcome to the forum. I suggest you look at Rasmus' thread here for a viable Squat list in regards to 5th Edition.  Unfortunately this thread is old and should be left to slumber.

*click*
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.