News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 40k Online Tale of 10 Gamers (2) [picture heavy]  (Read 57161 times)

Offline moc065

• Infinity Circuit / Necrontyr Lord / KoN Warlord
  • Ancient
  • King of the Preemptive Strike
    • klucas.piczo.com
Re: 40k Online Tale of 11 Gamers (2) [picture heavy]
« Reply #40 on: October 7, 2008, 12:01:59 PM »
Some call him Vulkan, I call him GW's "Red Headed Step child !" As he clearly got a little too much love when being cast (stats wise)....

I am glad your not using him, as I see his ugly head in almost every list around my area lately... Good on you.

CaHG
Join POC: Saim-Hann
or Read the Guide to Eldar
or read the Guide to Necrons

And Click here if you like Magic The Gathering

Offline Chuckles, The Space Marine Clown

• Can't Touch This; Captain; Swarmlord - Tyranid Sweatshop Operator; 40KO's Official WMD; "No American orphans, please"
  • Ancient
  • I kill, maim and torture because I care
« Reply #41 on: October 7, 2008, 01:20:30 PM »
Since I'm going for the 4th Company it will be a standard Captain by the name of N'Soth. I'll probably concoct some background at some point.

Anyway, to keep this vaguely on track, I will post a proper update once I've found the local Games Workshop and bought the other Tac squad and got started. I will also be posting pictures of whatever my tester model ends up being (probably an AoBR Terminator as they have a nice large surface to work on and I don't intend to use them)
The forum rules are fair and just. *twitch*

Offline Benandorf

• Waaargh! Orkz Ruinz me Life!
  • Why so heretical?
    • Texas ...TeamPlayers...
« Reply #42 on: October 7, 2008, 09:00:31 PM »
Another update to show I'm still alive!  Been a busy week, and all that, but I've made some progress.

Skinned another 14 night gobbos, only 9 more to go!  Next up after that, wood! :D  Will get pictures once all skinned.
Quote from: Yuenglingdragon
When life gives you anything, charge it with Genestealers.
Alarm clock? Genestealers.
Your boss? Genestealers.
The rednecks that cut in front of me at Wal-mart like I didn't have anything better to do than stand in line? Genestealers.

Quote from: unknown
Asking for advice on using VC to beat O&G is like saying "I'm 6'3", work out, and consider myself pretty tough.  Can anyone give me advice on how to beat up the handicapped kid down the street?"

Offline ravenklath

• Wych
  • For The Life Of Me I Cannot Forgive Thee
« Reply #43 on: October 8, 2008, 06:03:51 AM »
Just an Update i will be home in about 2weeks so i can hopefully get about 250 worth painted up before the end of the month :)

Quote from: RabidNurgling
  Besides, every time they come out with a new metal model, I punch a kitten.
quote author=Eidolon  Your music sucks, youre obnoxious, this coming from a guy with gaga as his avatar.

Dark Eldar 5th ED Record 4-1-1

Offline Shas'Oink

• Sky Ray Pimp Daddy | Infinity Circuit | Ban me, I dare you! | The Fallen didn't fall, they were pushed. | Winner of the 2008 40K Online Longest Title Competition, awarded again with oak leaves, five years and running | Now with O:nkling! | Axe
  • Ancient
  • 87% sure I'm straight
    • oinks overambitious terrain project(s)
« Reply #44 on: October 8, 2008, 07:29:44 AM »
hi, erm... ravenklath; where did you get your sig image, and is it one of those ones that you can edit the colours? i need one for SOB.

Offline DarkstormUlthwe

« Reply #45 on: October 8, 2008, 04:01:54 PM »
Ok, so it's time to show what little I've done... The bases are done, I do that first as to not screw up the models themselves, and I've put down the basecoat on the black parts. The next step is take a few models (3-4) at the time and work on them. 21 is too big a batch ;)

Here we go... First up, the primed models:

Pathfinders:

Avengers:

Farseer:

UPDATE:
Avengers:

They will get some barbed wire on their bases in the future, but that's not a priority atm.

Exarch:

He's not finished yet, I intend to do his power weapon and the Farseer's spearhead at the same time. I'll be doing some runes on the banner at that time as well.

Farseer:

UPDATE 2008-11-11

Farseer:

Avenger Exarch:
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 07:20:51 AM by DarkstormUltwe »

2nd place - 40kO painting competition expert category April 2005
1st Place - 40kO converting competition beginner category June 2005

Offline Heretek

• General Freyberg | Out, damn'd Grot! | Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #46 on: October 8, 2008, 04:25:26 PM »
hi, erm... ravenklath; where did you get your sig image, and is it one of those ones that you can edit the colours? i need one for SOB.

It's the Sisters of Battle painter, from Bolter and Chainsword:

Linky.

Looks like I'll be getting another game with my Skaven tonight, hopefully my team will manage more than a draw in the first game of the campaign proper. I'll update some time tonight with a report of how it goes down.

The campaign has an odd little rule devised, whereby you have to split your forces up into three parts. You have a scout force and a reserve force, neither of which can be more than 250pts, and a main force of 500pts. Before the battle begins, both sides roll a dice. On a 1-2 you use your scouts, on a 3-4 you use your main force and on a 5-6 you use your reserves.

So if my team rolled a 1 and the other team rolled a 4, it would be 750pts against 1,500pts. Which sounds pretty bad, but the objectives change depending on which forces engage which. I'm actually looking forward to trying it out.

• Can't Touch This; Captain; Swarmlord - Tyranid Sweatshop Operator; 40KO's Official WMD; "No American orphans, please"
  • Ancient
« Reply #47 on: October 8, 2008, 04:41:09 PM »
Bought a box of Tac marines today, so I'll soon have enough models. That just raises the question of which of the two possible Chapters I will be painting them as. Salamanders, or my own personal concoction... Hmmm.

Offline Jonik

• Field Marshal
  • Ancient
« Reply #48 on: October 8, 2008, 04:50:46 PM »
WEY! My paints arrived. (apart from 1, but that isn't an important one!) The important colour is Vallejo Jade Green. :) So I gave a model a test run!

I started by giving the cloth areas a mix of jade green and black, followed by purest jade green, then jade green and white highlights. Pretty standard for rank and file, no need for too much blending etc!

And here he is!

I'm thinking I might need to actually use some brown for leather, on the quiver, but I'm fairly happy with the cloth, feathers, and hat cloth being jade, the bow being black, and metal being gold with a devlan/badab mix wash. :)
Tolaren 23rd Grenadiers - Jonik's Imperial Guard 'Tale'
Chariots of the Dead - Jonik's Tomb Kings 'Tale'

My BfSP Dwarfs in exchange for your BfSP Goblins! PM me! I'm still looking!

Offline IGBunker (-Hela - Finnail-)

• Ork Boy | Infinity Circuit
  • Fear not the death Brothers.forshe is old and slow
« Reply #49 on: October 8, 2008, 05:28:38 PM »
he looks really good,

A bit of a update on my harlequins. i got the 1st 5 done, need to do one more for that troupe then start the next one. pictures will come tomorrow... i hope ::)
Guant "Men on tanith do you wish to live forever!?!"

Formaly and now know as Hela- Finnail

W/L/D since Oct 2010
Saim hann eldar- 4-0-1
Trench guard- (On hold)
Guard armoured company- 1-0-0

Offline moc065

• Ancient
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #50 on: October 8, 2008, 05:46:20 PM »
Here is a Link to show how the painting progress has been going so far...

Enjoy and comment and suggestions are always welcome.

CaHG

Offline Jonik

• Field Marshal
  • Ancient
« Reply #51 on: October 9, 2008, 02:38:37 AM »
Oooo! I read snot green and thought.."uh oh...", but they look really good! I'd never had thought of that.
Tolaren 23rd Grenadiers - Jonik's Imperial Guard 'Tale'
Chariots of the Dead - Jonik's Tomb Kings 'Tale'

My BfSP Dwarfs in exchange for your BfSP Goblins! PM me! I'm still looking!

Offline Shas'Oink

• Sky Ray Pimp Daddy | Infinity Circuit | Ban me, I dare you! | The Fallen didn't fall, they were pushed. | Winner of the 2008 40K Online Longest Title Competition, awarded again with oak leaves, five years and running | Now with O:nkling! | Axe
  • Ancient
  • 87% sure I'm straight
« Reply #52 on: October 9, 2008, 07:10:14 AM »
moc, your colour scheme is virtually the exact opposite of mine! (my new one at least!)

in fact, im almost done with the lord, so will hopefully have pictures up soon.

Offline CODE BLACK

• Infinity Circuit
  • Armies: Space Marines, Space Wolves
« Reply #53 on: October 9, 2008, 08:49:33 AM »
So, I've decided to update the fluff for my chapter. This is mainly because of the AOBR Captain model. Xavier (the original name) has his own character and personality (at least in my mind :D) and the model just doesnt represent him at all. So, I've advanced my fluff by 2-3 centuries, and Black Company have a new captain! His name is Xsara, mainly because I thought Captian was very similar to Citroen :P. Xavier is now the captian of the 1st company and acting chapter master. This is because St. Francis, who has been the chapters master for 2 millenia-ish, has gone of on a personal crusade, taking his bolter and sword to enemies of the Imperium everywhere! Hey, he was getting old, he's gotta get to the Emperor's side sometime... Basically he's become a bit like a pheonix lord, turning up when he's needed. So, until his death is 100% certified anybody who could be the new chapter master has refused the title.

I thought this was as important as any progress I've made modeling/painting wise, so I decided to post it. And hell, I'll make it an update :)

But modeling/painting wise, still a lot of work to do. Got to build 9 more marines and then paint all the buggers :P

Offline moc065

• Ancient
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #54 on: October 9, 2008, 11:59:36 AM »
I guess that I should have posted waht my colour scheme was going to look like... so here is the test figure... (the rest of the unit gets done later.. as per schedule).

Thanks for the comments guys.. and I look forward to other peoples Updates.

CaHG

Offline Alexander's Son

• Mentor - Newbies feel free to ask for any help.
    • Alexander Son's web page
« Reply #55 on: October 9, 2008, 12:07:45 PM »
 Unique... truly unique... emerald warriors something like that moc?

On my front... I have to photo those guys... I really have!
Thanks to all the people showing faith in me

I sometimes feel that everyone will leave me and they will be on their own...

A suspicious mind is a healthy mind

• Ancient
« Reply #56 on: October 9, 2008, 12:12:11 PM »
Photos taken, soon to be uploaded once I find the time. Of course, they're not painted yet but they are all assembled.

Offline Shas'Oink

• Ancient
  • 87% sure I'm straight
« Reply #57 on: October 9, 2008, 12:15:33 PM »
those are cool... i am slightly considering doing the reversable ones... well, i am probably going to make them with removable torsos for ease of transportation, so i suppose i could play them facing backward anyway!

Offline moc065

• Ancient
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #58 on: October 9, 2008, 02:56:56 PM »
The Body and gun are actually removable on several of them... as I was building them to swap out between Heavies, Lords, or regular Destroyers... then I bagged a couple big trades and I now have 15 regular Destroyers, 6 Heavies, and 2 Lords... so there is no longer any reason to dis-assemble... as the rearward facing even packs up easier.

Thanks once again for the comments guys.

CaHG

Offline Shas'Oink

• Ancient
  • 87% sure I'm straight
« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2008, 10:03:19 AM »

UPDATE 2

Month 1
Week 2

Well, i slaved away on the lord every night this week so far and this is where im at with him...

and one closer up cropped image:

I'm far happier with the red scheme, and the multiple black wash followed by highlight gives a great effect. I also thought i might as well try my hand at some more lighting... the rod is still not in place note, and also, i think i may have lost the little end piece that attaches to the top of it...

I still have to do a little something on the symbol on the chest, and there is also a symbol on the lords head... im thinking to do the chest symbol white, and the symbol on the head could be coloured to represent the "level" of the lord... bronze, silver, gold or platinum... got to decide which he is!