News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 2000pt Death Guard, What do you think?  (Read 1009 times)

Offline $ick

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
2000pt Death Guard, What do you think?
« on: May 10, 2005, 11:02:19 AM »
This is a list for general use, I have tried to combine a considarable amount of fire power with a considarable amount of close combat ability. What are your views on it, do you have any suggestions for me. Thank you for your time.

HQ

Typhus

Terminators x 5 - Combi Bloter, Power Weapon

Great Unclean One

Troops

Plague Marines x 7 - Bolt Pistol, Close Combat Weapon
Aspiring Champion - Daemonic Strength, Plague Sword, Teleport Homer

Aspiring Champion - Daemonic Strength, Plague Sword, Teleport Homer

Rhino - Smoke Launches, Extra Armour

Rhino - Smoke Launches, Extra Armour

Plague Marines x 7 - Plasma Gun x 2, Infiltrate
Aspiring Champion

Aspiring Champion

Aspiring Champion

Plague Marines x 7 - Infiltrate
Aspiring Champion - Daemon Chains

Heavy Support

Predator - Twin Linked Lascannons, Side Sponon Lascannons

Predator - Twin Linked Lascannons, Side Sponon Lascannons

Offline CD

• The Plagued Reaper
  • Ancient
  • :\
Re: 2000pt Death Guard, What do you think?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2005, 08:27:34 PM »
You're not getting near enough close combat capability in there. The point of Death Guard is that they can use Bolters effectively whilst still being great at CC, and as such your shooting squads should be well suited to movement and should use ACs with good settups.

Additionally, the ACs you've got aren't incredible, since you have next to no way of dealing with a Wraithlord or similarly large thing without devoted a turn or two to shooting at it with those predators (assuming they make it to the second turn with no upgrades, and aren't destroyed or shaken), where you'll probably have more targets to be concerned with...

DG is one of the only forces that can be versatile and do it well, which is why I suggest taking champions, and maybe making the 'CC' squads a tad shootier.

Also, i'd leave Rhinos to the shooty guys. They're not suited to assualt troops in 4th edition, though a single turn of movement ill give those rapid firing guys a good vantage point and some good shooting capability, which I'd really suggest.

Offline dakkon238

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2005, 10:46:50 PM »
Ok just got a few things to suggest...
I'm not exactly sure what you have in mind with all of your infiltrating troops.  I'm guessing you want to infiltrate them all while the ones in rhinos run up the side/front to get into CC in a hurry.  I suggest you cut a few things to give your infiltrators meltabombs at the least or better yet a powerfist to deal with any vehicles/characters/high toughness stuff you run into.  Also I dunno about your termies, they are pretty hit or miss, if CC then mix in a plague sword & powerfist as they will probably encounter the nastiest CC squads the enemy has.  If your termies want to be shooty reaper autocannons are great.

Offline Sigis

• To see a world of madness!
« Reply #3 on: June 9, 2005, 08:23:29 AM »
HQ

Chaos Lord with MoN, Manreaper, Terminator Armour, Bionics, D.Strength, D,Essence, Nurgles Rot. 155pts

(In my opinion Lord are far better and cheaper that Typhus with ever be)

Terminators x 6 - (2x) Combi Bolter, Power Weapon (2x) Combi bolter, power fist, (2x) reaper autocannon, power weapon. 266pts

(Added some shooting with the reapers and some power fists for dealing with big guys)

Great Unclean One 150pts

Troops

Aspiring Champion - Daemonic Strength, Plague Sword, Nurgles Rot, Teleport Homer

Rhino - Smoke Launches, Extra Armour 221pts

Aspiring Champion - Daemonic Strength, Plague Sword, Nurgles Rot, Teleport Homer

Rhino - Smoke Launches, Extra Armour 221pts

(No problems here added in Nurgles rot as had spare points will be useful before charging)

Aspiring Champion D.Visage, bolt pistol and power fist 191pts

(added in powerfists to deal with tanks and D.Visage to watch enemy squads run away while you bolter them to death)
Plague Marines x 7 - Infiltrate
Aspiring Champion - Daemon Chains 154pts

Heavy Support

Predator - Twin Linked Lascannons, Side Heavy Bolter's 130pts

Predator - Twin Linked Lascannons, Side Heavy Bolter's 130pts

(Drop the laz sides as they will hardly get LOS for both, plus if you have Heavy Bolter's you can move under 6" and still fire all weapons)
2000pts

Men in army: 50
"To see a world of madness is to see the world itself. Fear us for we are the Grey Knights and fear nothing!"

Offline CD

• The Plagued Reaper
  • Ancient
  • :\
« Reply #4 on: June 9, 2005, 04:30:23 PM »
It seems that the necro-posters have returned once again...

This thread is pretty old. For that reason, it's being locked. Check the stickied 'forum rules' thread to see the Chaos forum policy on Digging if you're curious as to why this thread is being locked.

*locked*