News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Liber Chaotica, Your Chaos Army [Pictures and army background]  (Read 200860 times)

Offline You are all Nerdzzz

• Including me
Re: Liber Chaotic, Player Chaos Armies.
« Reply #80 on: March 25, 2007, 07:00:42 AM »
Nice DP N5 although the weapon is a bit flimsy for something of his size :-\
BUT NOT REALLY INCLUDING ME
College | Reviews | Teams | Wiki | Babes | Shop

Offline lastnotice

« Reply #81 on: March 25, 2007, 08:32:08 PM »
i totaly agree with the weapon remark. it loks a little outa place. also i hate that head idk why though lol i got onefloating aroun in my bit box lol

Offline nurgle5

« Reply #82 on: March 26, 2007, 04:40:22 AM »
the scythe is purely decorative, the DP smashes things with his hands!

Offline You are all Nerdzzz

• Including me
« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2007, 01:43:32 PM »
You dhould of left it bare or holding a limb or some thing. :-X
BUT NOT REALLY INCLUDING ME
College | Reviews | Teams | Wiki | Babes | Shop

Offline lastnotice

« Reply #84 on: March 27, 2007, 02:50:07 PM »
itd be really sweet to see him holding a full IMP guardsmen or guiardian in his hand trying to get free. or one that is torn in half. been thinking of doing this myself.

Offline Hellboy

• You're unique, just like everyone else.
« Reply #85 on: March 30, 2007, 08:56:56 AM »
Here are my Word Bearers-

My dark apostle, reciting his foul sermon to his flock....

a few people didnt like him because his axe is too big and his helmet didnt have enough spikey bits on it ( ??? ) but i was quite proud of him. in games i just give him daemonic strength and say that he uses the axe/accursed crozius 2 handed (plus he is a lord favoured by the chaos gods). you cant really see his left hand in either picture but the best way to describe the position is if you hold a tennis ball palm up

and my other hq, no introduction necessary:

Elites

this is all i have at the moment:

eventually i might risk converting a squad of marine terminator plastics but with access to so many daemons i cant really see the point at the moment. and the same goes for the possesed.

Troops:

this is just a tactical squad in a rhino, nothing special :)

(spot the intruder, and the unfinished base, whoops!)

the same goes for this one but they all have cc weapons. i usually take the khorne berzerker out and put my apostle in with these guys.

fast attack

just a bike squad at the moment, and its 2 short of its full compliment. i just give them furious charge and daemonic talons to the asp champ, and they tend to carve things up quite nicely  ;D

heavy support

here is my defiler that some might have already seen in last months painting challenge, it doesnt really make its points back in most games, but its always fun throwing that pie plate around ;)

« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 08:58:33 AM by Hellboy »
First come the smiles.

Then lies,

Last is gunfire.

(Roland Deschain of Gilead - The Dark Tower)

Offline Hellboy

• You're unique, just like everyone else.
« Reply #86 on: March 30, 2007, 08:59:42 AM »
and last but by no means least here is my beloved forge world dreadnought. deffinately my favorite mini, purely because it was so much fun to paint (and lets face it, resin models can make anyones painting look good  ;D )

whole army pics:

And before anyone asks, i have pictures of daemons on the way....
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 09:01:12 AM by Hellboy »
First come the smiles.

Then lies,

Last is gunfire.

(Roland Deschain of Gilead - The Dark Tower)

Offline ETHERLORD

• proud member of Walberton Wargamers
« Reply #87 on: March 30, 2007, 11:42:08 AM »
i like word bearers anyways but yours are imense*sniggers*

like the dred best

~EL~
"you want me to re-roll my what test?!?!" the banshee screamed at her boyfriend.
Strategy Game it think you'll like. and yes it is my personal link.
a town named 40k online needs you in its populace. check out its thread in the "role-play" board.

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #88 on: March 30, 2007, 11:55:52 AM »
The army looks really cool there Hellboy, Well painted. I think the lord looks cool, and there is never such thing as too big an axe! Overall the army looks very nice.

I have to get me some forge world stuff some day, The dread is proof that the models look bad-ass.

I myself played a 1000pt game against the Eldar. I lost in cleanse as they flew all over the place and I couldn't get stuck in, well I got most of my army stuck in against his striking scorpions though :D I was able to turn his Bitting blade armed Exarch into a spawn right after they charged my mutants.

Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline ETHERLORD

« Reply #89 on: March 30, 2007, 12:03:35 PM »
how big is that dice, squid!!!

i spy with my little eye a hound with a big ego.
i like the mix of colours and tones.

~EL~
"you want me to re-roll my what test?!?!" the banshee screamed at her boyfriend.
a town named 40k online needs you in its populace. check out its thread in the "role-play" board.

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
« Reply #90 on: March 30, 2007, 12:59:32 PM »
The die is quite large, I use it at a turn marker. I just don't use it for rolling, that'd get dangerous. You can see there the striking scorpions vs a few of my squads in turn 5 :D. I use the different colors to distinguish between my mutant squads. Though I use blue mutants as fillers for both the magenta, and the purple unit.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline DarkBlackApostle

« Reply #91 on: March 30, 2007, 02:32:47 PM »
I'm by no means an excellent painter, but I just got back into the hobby.
Here's some of the chaos bits I had after recycling my old undivided army (Pretty much left me with pewter models and some plastic bits.)

Some of these are rather large because, i just saw that i forgot to crop some of these.

My Dark Apostle with Retinue. The Dark apostle is a poorly converted Terminator Chaplain (I love the new monsterous terminators.) It saddens me to see that the current chaos terminators are so small.

A few close up shots of the Lord himself.

Thought i'd show off a lone terminator, converted to look as though he just finished reaping a squad and is turning to run and fire at another

A old chaos lord model that i am going to use as an aspiring champion once i get some plastic chaos marines.

Icon bearer of a squad to be

My Obliterators

My favorite Obliterator

The other 2.

That's what I have painted so far (Minus 10 Bloodletters that aren't to fun to show off, no conversion work done) . I have 7 plague marines that i scratched all the nurgle iconography off of so I can use them as simple chaos space marines (Though obviously nurglesque) and 3 more terminators that i'm in the process of painting now. I also have 5 raptors laying around waiting to be chopped and maimed into normal, jumpackless chaos space marines. Oh, and I have 2 Daemon Prince models left over, one has a Bloodthirster's wings sculpted on it, and the other is wingless. I need to order some heads I like to properly convert these princes (With suitable looking Accursed Crozius's). Over all, after soaking everything in acetone for a couple of hours (And getting rid of my plastics: a squad of Khorne Beserkers and 2 squads of CSMs) these are what i'm left with.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 03:04:46 PM by DarkBlackApostle »

Offline Hive Trygon

• Hive Trygon
« Reply #92 on: April 1, 2007, 09:13:51 AM »
Here is my new daemon prince, not painted yet but starting that very soon. I'll be doing some mutants and converted furies next. I have some other old chaos nurgle stuff on there but I sold it for money to get this new army I'm working on.
http://hivetrygon.com/cha/undp.html
Visit Hive Trygon:
http://hivetrygon.com/
Troll Forged Miniatures
http://www.trollsforge.com/

• Ancient
« Reply #93 on: April 1, 2007, 11:02:58 AM »
DarkBlackApostle, I like how the guys are looking, very dark and evil and the fleshy color on the oblitorators turned out well. Also I love the banner! All armies need banners.

Hive Trygon, That guy terrifies me Great work on the sculpting on it looks utterly stunning!
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline ETHERLORD

« Reply #94 on: April 1, 2007, 01:20:48 PM »
whoa! nic DP! :o
it looks like the monster under my bed.
and the dark apostle rocks DBA.

(formerly)~EL~

Offline web ghost

• Lookit me! I did something useful!
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • "Beware of this and that" -Edward Gorey
« Reply #95 on: April 1, 2007, 02:03:25 PM »
Excellent Dp Hive Trygon.  Nice to see a non statured DP that actually looks like a Daemon rather than a CSM with a ton of gear. 

?s. I see three different kinds of sculpting materials:
 a greyish stuff used for the under layer of the body.
a puke green stuff used for the next later
and greenstuff.

Could you tell me what those different materials are and how they work a little bit?  You know why I guess -I like scratch building things too!  but GS doesn't work too well in some situations as you also know.  that would be really helpful.

again, great job! 

BTW, here is what happens when CSMs try to gain the speedy powers that your DP has too quickly.

later WG

Offline Hive Trygon

• Hive Trygon
« Reply #96 on: April 1, 2007, 05:31:43 PM »
Excellent Dp Hive Trygon.  Nice to see a non statured DP that actually looks like a Daemon rather than a CSM with a ton of gear. 

?s. I see three different kinds of sculpting materials:
 a greyish stuff used for the under layer of the body.
a puke green stuff used for the next later
and greenstuff.

Could you tell me what those different materials are and how they work a little bit?  You know why I guess -I like scratch building things too!  but GS doesn't work too well in some situations as you also know.  that would be really helpful.

again, great job! 

BTW, here is what happens when CSMs try to gain the speedy powers that your DP has too quickly.

later WG

The grey stuff is apoxie sculpt:
http://www.avesstudio.com/Products/Apoxie_Sculpt/apoxie_sculpt.html
I use it for larger stuff cause it's real cheap. It is however slightly tough to sculpt small things with and much more clay like. No elastic quality at all. I like it for striated muscles.

The dark green is apoxie sculpt mixed with green stuff. I add some green stuff to give it a slight elastic quality so I can get those nice stretchy holes in the back plates. Also give the apoxie sculpt a little more toughness while working with it.

Green stuff, my favorite just a lot more expensive that the other, so I save it for details and miniatures I sculpt. Glad you like it, and your centipede was friggen sweet. Web Ghost, what happened to your account? Did you get another?
Visit Hive Trygon:
http://hivetrygon.com/
Troll Forged Miniatures
http://www.trollsforge.com/

Offline nurgle5

« Reply #97 on: April 2, 2007, 03:39:37 PM »
traitor leman russ:

no all i have to do is paint everything ::).

Offline 0verKill_235

• Greasing tank treads with xeno filth since 2005.
« Reply #98 on: April 2, 2007, 04:17:07 PM »
@ nurghal5: That is one evil tank.

@Form member formaly known as Killer Squid: I just realized your Chaos hound with the giant head reminds me of the Pinky Demon from the original DOOM games. Nice.

Finally @ everybody else: Keep up the good stuff.
Death before Dismount!

Offline web ghost

• Lookit me! I did something useful!
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • "Beware of this and that" -Edward Gorey
« Reply #99 on: April 2, 2007, 09:39:42 PM »
Thanks alot Hive Trygon.  helpful stuff.  and the account thing is part of an april fools joke.  But I kind of like it.  "Yoga Flame!"

later WG