News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Deamons question  (Read 1046 times)

Offline shmee shmee

• I love the smell of napalm in the morning
Deamons question
« on: May 7, 2005, 08:30:55 AM »
 If a deamon icon dies before he summons in the daemons do the daemons die cheer s
it was harry...

Offline Aronious

• (Arr-OH-Nee-uhs)
    • Game Rats
Re: Deamons question
« Reply #1 on: May 7, 2005, 08:57:51 AM »
Read the part in the front of the Codex: Chaos Space Marines about Daemon Summoning.

"We're an infantry regiment, Red. We fight. We die."- Master Horkin, Mage-at-Arms

http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php/topic,83795.0.html

"Do you expect me to talk?"
"No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die."
-Goldfinger

Offline Kei'Ariq

• Ancient
  • Ariq rides again
    • Wych Cult of Spank Me!
« Reply #2 on: May 7, 2005, 09:35:35 PM »
If you are referring to the Daemon Icon that is available to units of Chosen that is a good question, that isn't clearly answered by the bit at the front.

I would imagine that because the unit is enslaved within the icon, if the icon is destroyed then the Daemons are lost.

Offline Newtype

• Traitor Marine
« Reply #3 on: May 7, 2005, 10:08:30 PM »
I would say in the case of the Daemon Icon treat the enslaved Daemon pack as having been killed for all purposes.

If were talking about regular Daemons that simply get stuck in reserves because there is no suitable Icon on the table, then the way we play it is that they are just left off and dont count for anything.
"Kill a thousand men and they will hate you. Kill a million men and they will queue to face you. but kill a single man and they will see monsters and devils in every shadow. Kill a dozen men and they will scream and wail in the night, and they shall feel not hatred, but fear."

Offline DenizenOfRlyeh

• Rising out of the blackness of 27 centuries...
« Reply #4 on: May 8, 2005, 03:14:03 AM »
Hm.  The Necron Monolith has rules which are similar in a way; units of Warriors are assigned to enter play through a Monolith.  If they don't get deployed by the end of the game, the Warriors count as being destroyed for the purpose of calculating VPs.  Food for thought.

I'd have to say that Daemons assigned to a Demon Icon would thusly count as being destroyed in much the same way if the Icon was lost.  Regular units never showing up from Reserves...  is there a rule to cover that situation?
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos!

Offline Chaplain C Chew

• The real power has arrived...
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2005, 10:03:34 AM »
I would think that the demons would enter the battle field during turn 5 or 6...but then again only certain missions allow for that...and those missions were back in third ed rulz...
In a world of torment and despair we have at least one saving grace...pie

Thousand Sons - Son's of Apep

Wins         Loses          Draws
  1              0                3

Offline DenizenOfRlyeh

• Rising out of the blackness of 27 centuries...
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2005, 01:01:49 PM »
What!?  I don't remember anything remotely similar to that back in third edition...
Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos!

Offline CD

• The Plagued Reaper
  • Ancient
  • :\
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2005, 05:48:58 PM »
That's because there was nothing similar in the 3rd ed rules.. the current Codex is the 3rd ed Codex. There is no turn where daemons enter by default.

I'm unsure whether it's been fixed in more recent printings, but the first printing Codex mentions nothing about restricting the Daemon unit to that icon in particular.. It doesn't even mention that you shouldn't make rolls for the unit to show up at other icons, it only really specifies that the unit can come in automatically if you want it to... Very odd. :P