News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Nurgle 1000pt army list  (Read 1241 times)

Offline shmee shmee

• I love the smell of napalm in the morning
Nurgle 1000pt army list
« on: May 6, 2005, 02:44:08 PM »
This army list I have never lost with is it good for a assaulty'n'shooty type death guard,

Great Unclean one (150pts)

Defiler                   (215pts)
 Mutated hull           
 TL lascannons       

7 death guard          (153pts)
Asp champ, dae chains

7 death guard           (163pts)
Asp champ, power wea
plasma gun               
melta gun                 

7death guard            (153pts)
plasma gun               
melta                       

7 death guard            (153pts)
plasma gun                 
melta                         

Thats my general force could you please rate it.

« Last Edit: May 6, 2005, 05:09:42 PM by shmee shmee »
it was harry...

Offline Scythe

• Flamer: Superiority Complex BANNED
  • Banned for flaming
Re: Nurgle 1000pt army list
« Reply #1 on: May 6, 2005, 10:14:01 PM »
It's a damn solid force, you asked for a rating so 4/5.

Offline shmee shmee

« Reply #2 on: May 7, 2005, 03:10:20 AM »
 Thanx a lot scythe
it was harry...

Offline CD

• The Plagued Reaper
  • Ancient
  • :\
« Reply #3 on: May 7, 2005, 04:25:04 PM »
What Psychic Power will your Great Unclean one have? I'm inclined to go with Gift of Chaos (he should be possessing either close to or in combat, so will spend most of the game in assualt, where GoC is best), but Wind might be ok depending on the armies you expect to fight most often.

You're severely lacking in long range firepower. Your Defiler is your only decent source of tankhunting, and it's prone to getting blown up first or second turn. Armies with lots of armour will likely chew you up pretty fast.

I'm not a huge supporter of the Defiler. For 145 you can get either a Predator (Autocannon, Las Sponsons, Daemonic Possession) or Dreadnought (TL Lascannons, Daemonic Possession) with similar tankhunting power (better in the case of the Pred), and the Battle Cannon isn't all that it's made out to be. What you need is more long range, accurate tank-hunting, and the Defiler is just too much and too versatile for what you need. The Battle Cannon is fairly unnecessary, as that's what your DG are for (don't be afraid of 3+ save armies; you've got the same, but you're tougher, and you've got extra plasma if you really need it). Replacing the Defiler with a Predator would give you more points to throw around too, even if you wanted to go a little overkill and take either TL Lascannons instead of the Autocannon, or Mutated Hull, or take more Aspiring Champions (which I recommend, definitely with Daemonic Strength).

The lack of ACs is the main problem I see right now, as you're fairly lacking in CC ability (those invulnerable ACs with 3-4 S5 Power Weapon attacks every turn are what win you the assualt phase, not all of those extra plaguemarines).

As for a rating, maybe 3/5, since you're close, but there's still a fair bit to fix up.

Offline Ulthwe77

• AIM- dead7kennedys7
« Reply #4 on: May 8, 2005, 02:55:40 PM »
What Psychic Power will your Great Unclean one have? I'm inclined to go with Gift of Chaos (he should be possessing either close to or in combat, so will spend most of the game in assualt, where GoC is best), but Wind might be ok depending on the armies you expect to fight most often.

You're severely lacking in long range firepower. Your Defiler is your only decent source of tankhunting, and it's prone to getting blown up first or second turn. Armies with lots of armour will likely chew you up pretty fast.

I'm not a huge supporter of the Defiler. For 145 you can get either a Predator (Autocannon, Las Sponsons, Daemonic Possession) or Dreadnought (TL Lascannons, Daemonic Possession) with similar tankhunting power (better in the case of the Pred), and the Battle Cannon isn't all that it's made out to be. What you need is more long range, accurate tank-hunting, and the Defiler is just too much and too versatile for what you need. The Battle Cannon is fairly unnecessary, as that's what your DG are for (don't be afraid of 3+ save armies; you've got the same, but you're tougher, and you've got extra plasma if you really need it). Replacing the Defiler with a Predator would give you more points to throw around too, even if you wanted to go a little overkill and take either TL Lascannons instead of the Autocannon, or Mutated Hull, or take more Aspiring Champions (which I recommend, definitely with Daemonic Strength).

The lack of ACs is the main problem I see right now, as you're fairly lacking in CC ability (those invulnerable ACs with 3-4 S5 Power Weapon attacks every turn are what win you the assualt phase, not all of those extra plaguemarines).As for a rating, maybe 3/5, since you're close, but there's still a fair bit to fix up.
Very true, especially the A.C. need. You should always have an Aspriring Champion in your squads, especially because you get it for free! You run your squads in the chosen number, so why not just put in strength and A p-Weapon? It's one point more than you'd already be paying for A champ. :)

Ohh, and one more thing. Why give the Defiler mutated hull and lascannons? Why not just give him in-direct fire and leave him with what he has? ???
« Last Edit: May 8, 2005, 02:59:05 PM by Ulthwe77 »

Offline shmee shmee

« Reply #5 on: May 8, 2005, 03:47:44 PM »
 When I give my defiler m .hull and lascannons it gives hims a little extra protection and tank hunting capabilities this pretty much ALWAYS works and does a #!?'load of damage and generally remains alive, as for my AC's I ahve not the points to go squandering on power weapons and strengh and they can generally hold their own in combat anyway. As I said on the earlier post this death guard army has only ever lost once and that was to a high standard khorne player yesterday so it must be okay. ;)
it was harry...