News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Building 2 armies for family home gaming  (Read 769 times)

Offline Peeboobeep

• Newest
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Building 2 armies for family home gaming
« on: March 4, 2021, 08:31:05 PM »
Hi! My aim is to have 2 armies beginners armies to play at home, to introduce friends and family to 40K. I happen to have a bunch of models already. I’m looking after my nephews during this lockdown who are very keen so I’ve bought the 9th edition core rules and dice to learn how to play.

I have roughly 40 Eldar and 40 space marines (pictured below) that are mainly older models from when I was a teen (but I have never played) and inherited from family. The space marines in particular are mainly all older models with the standard bolters whereas these Eldar seem to have a wide range of models. Before I start painting them with my nephews I wondered if anyone would be able to help advise if these models are obsolete and how to balance out the two armies as we learn how to play. I haven’t made lists yet as I’m not yet sure if some of these units are obelete and neither side has been allocated a chapter/craftworld yet despite the paint. I see there’s no eldar codex out yet either so not entirely sure what else I need to buy for games at home but any advise on what we need to do and buy would be greatly appreciated.  to the forum and wondered if anyone could help. My aim is to have 2 armies beginners armies to play at home, to introduce friends and family to 40K. I happen to have a bunch of models already. I’m looking after my nephews during this lockdown who are very keen so I’ve bought the 9th edition core rules and dice to learn how to play.

I have roughly 40 Eldar and 40 space marines (pictured below) that are mainly older models from when I was a teen (but I have never played) and inherited from family. The space marines in particular are mainly all older models with the standard bolters whereas these Eldar seem to have a wide range of models. Before I start painting them with my nephews I wondered if anyone would be able to help advise if these models are obsolete and how to balance out the two armies as we learn how to play. I haven’t made lists yet as I’m not yet sure if some of these units are obelete and neither side has been allocated a chapter/craftworld yet despite the paint. I see there’s no eldar codex out yet either so not entirely sure what else I need to buy for games at home but any advise on what we need to do and buy would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
Re: Building 2 armies for family home gaming
« Reply #1 on: March 5, 2021, 08:57:09 AM »
Hi! Welcome to 40k online!

I don't really play 40k, at least not yet (more of an AoS player). That being said, give us a detailed list of what units you have and some of us will be able to help!
JohnMaloneBooks website - Blog #3 - From Novella to Novel

- 5/5 Reader's Favorite Review!

A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition is coming soon w/ audiobook!