News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The Ninja Project (Mostly Eldar - sometimes other dudes)  (Read 9764 times)

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: The Ninja Project (Mostly Eldar - sometimes other dudes)
« Reply #60 on: June 7, 2018, 04:27:30 AM »
You are a genius Partninja, the use of a pastel shade to paint your Necrons has resulted in something that is refreshing to see and that works really well.

I don't know if it was intentional but what I really like about it is the chalky finish. For me the chalky finish makes the model look old and worn which, considering how old the Necrons are supposed to be, is a brilliant effect.

I also like how the use of the pastel shade makes the model look like it could be made from ceramic or something that is not just metal. Again, a very suitable effect for Necrons.

I am really looking forward to seeing how these turn out and in seeing if you can keep up the chalky finish across all of your models.
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Quote from: Cavalier
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #61 on: June 7, 2018, 09:28:17 PM »
That ghostly oxidized effect on that Immortal is so beautiful 8), Partninja! That look combined with the cold blue in the eyes and on the weapon make it look so sleek and eerie. Love it ;D!
JohnMaloneBooks website - Blog #3 - From Novella to Novel

- 5/5 Reader's Favorite Review!

A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition is coming soon w/ audiobook!

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
« Reply #62 on: June 8, 2018, 02:52:38 PM »
I love the idea of the Nihilakh Oxide Necrons. It really is something quite different and I think that, judging by the test model, it's going to work very well.

Great stuff, I look forward to seeing a finished model.
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

Offline Partninja

• Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #63 on: June 9, 2018, 06:18:02 PM »
Thanks bunches for the encouragement guys.

I admittedly stole the idea from the way a lot of people paint their AoS ghouls and what-nots. Definitely wanted a pale ghostly look. Planning to keep the green as is with no other shading as it will darken it too much. As I said it looks less monotone in person and more mottled/shaded in the crevices. Hard to get a good pic.

Haven't had a chance to get to the guns yet other than laying on some black before the gun metal. I'll probably do some sort of light wash on the gun metal (maybe green or a blue) just so it blends in a bit. I'll likely need to do a lighter blue  highlight on the cables going into their backs.

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2018, 10:07:54 AM »
What a novel idea dude :) never considered using nihilakh as a wash. Looks great, and the sort of thing that will look better and better the bigger the group you have.

Definitely worth doing a test model with a few dabs of Drakenhof. Not all over, but selectively in places like eyesockets to give them a sunken look. Ghostly, but stare into their eyes and the void opens beneath them ;)
Check out my Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders :)

Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders!