News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Chronicles of the Brush: For the Greater Good  (Read 169491 times)

Offline PaxImperator

• Staff Officer; Imperium Extraordinarius
  • Lazerous Penguin
Re: Chronicles of the Brush: For the Greater Good
« Reply #1500 on: April 14, 2024, 01:10:06 PM »
I'll second that! Looks like the beginnings of a striking colour scheme on the battlesuit too with red, black, grey and white. Brave of you to use white on those big flat surfaces. Looking forward to seeing more!

How far Krootox models have come by the way. The first incarnation from way back when couldn't have been more static whereas this one is just right.

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #1501 on: April 17, 2024, 08:58:03 PM »

That green looks great.  You've managed to avoid falling into the trap that I have done on the few occasions that I've painted anything by not making it too bright.  The shading is also very realistic.

Thank you!

I'll second that! Looks like the beginnings of a striking colour scheme on the battlesuit too with red, black, grey and white. Brave of you to use white on those big flat surfaces. Looking forward to seeing more!

How far Krootox models have come by the way. The first incarnation from way back when couldn't have been more static whereas this one is just right.

Thank you!

So just an announcement - I am selling my T'au! Definitely leaped into too many projects. Falling back on Mechanicus, Aeldari, and Daughters of Khaine for the moment. When I get some more work done - I'll be preparing to expand into High Elves for The Old World.

Also here are some images from some battles my Ad Mech has fought against Astra Militarum!

Post Merge: April 18, 2024, 09:38:59 AM
In the future, please use the modify button. Double posting is against the forum rules, and for that reason, the system merged your posts.

Pulled my lumineth out of the box after a long break. Rallying to get more done with them before the 4th edition launch!

Will keep my DOK as a second project!

« Last Edit: April 18, 2024, 09:38:59 AM by Myen'Tal »

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #1502 on: April 20, 2024, 06:33:55 AM »
These are all looking great.  You've got a fabulous collection of painted models and terrain there.  Given how many models and armies you now have, I empathise with the need to clear out.  That is what I ended up having to do, as you know.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #1503 on: April 20, 2024, 04:59:06 PM »
These are all looking great.  You've got a fabulous collection of painted models and terrain there.  Given how many models and armies you now have, I empathise with the need to clear out.  That is what I ended up having to do, as you know.

It's funny you mentioned that, as I've begun to think the same this morning. I am actually selling off my T'au Empire and Daughters of Khaine and any spare necromunda stuff I have from buying the box sets for the terrain.

Got my fingers in one too many projects at this point  ;D.

Scaling back down to Ad Mech, Aeldari, and Lumineth... this will make way for an Old World High Elves project whenever they release!

Post Merge: April 20, 2024, 05:27:55 PM
In the future, please use the modify button. Double posting is against the forum rules, and for that reason, the system merged your posts.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2024, 05:27:55 PM by Myen'Tal »

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #1504 on: April 21, 2024, 08:28:46 AM »
Not the daughters! Say it ain't so. But I understand. The admech are looking great as usual. Keep at it.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #1505 on: April 21, 2024, 07:03:12 PM »
Painted something different today!

Offline PaxImperator

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #1506 on: April 22, 2024, 03:26:58 AM »
Nice! I like the banner in particular. The blues are similar enough to look harmonious together but different enough for contrast.

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #1507 on: April 23, 2024, 02:24:33 PM »
Going back to work on the lumineth I painted before, starting with my bladelords.

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
« Reply #1508 on: April 23, 2024, 03:57:39 PM »
These are really well painted as well.  The shading and colour palette have been combined really effectively.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #1509 on: April 24, 2024, 07:40:52 PM »

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #1510 on: May 4, 2024, 04:24:12 PM »

Offline PaxImperator

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #1511 on: May 5, 2024, 06:03:51 AM »
That vehicle interior takes me back to the plastic Rhino released in the early 2000s. I take it the ratio of transport capacity to physical space inside is more realistic on these? Whatever the case, it looks nice!

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #1512 on: May 9, 2024, 07:31:30 AM »
That vehicle interior takes me back to the plastic Rhino released in the early 2000s. I take it the ratio of transport capacity to physical space inside is more realistic on these? Whatever the case, it looks nice!

Yeah it's a little bit larger than a rhinon chassis! I'm certain if you didn't put the bases on 10 Skitarii, you be able to fit an actual squad in there!

Offline Irisado

• Administrator
« Reply #1513 on: May 9, 2024, 06:02:04 PM »
These are looking great.  The poses are very dynamic and the colours seem to suit them somehow.  I'm not quite sure how to explain it.  I like the look that you have gone with though.

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #1514 on: May 9, 2024, 09:16:50 PM »
Thank you, Irisado! These are a take on the traditional color scheme for the Ydrilan Riverblades. I think GW chose the colors to give you a sense of their association with the element of water and how they flow like the rivers and waterways they protect.

Got another one up and running, need to layer up the armor a little more!

Offline PaxImperator

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #1515 on: May 10, 2024, 06:39:21 AM »
Impressive, especially the white. How did you paint that? Asking for a hundred-odd 28 mm tall friends in white trousers and cross belts. ;)

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #1516 on: May 10, 2024, 08:50:41 PM »
Impressive, especially the white. How did you paint that? Asking for a hundred-odd 28 mm tall friends in white trousers and cross belts. ;)

Wraithbone base, vampire fang from Duncan's Two Thin Coats layer, and corax white thinned with Lahmian medium, painted with minimal paint on a small brush and a very patient hand.

I'm about to tackle the three remaining Riverblades before moving on to the apprentices.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2024, 08:55:06 PM by Myen'Tal »

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #1517 on: May 11, 2024, 01:06:01 AM »
Man you stay so busy. And, and it all looks fantastic. All the pretty little pointy ears, just wow. Love the colors.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Irisado

• Administrator
« Reply #1518 on: May 11, 2024, 05:34:27 AM »
The turquoise contrast is really well executed on the latest update.  These will look so good once they are finished.  Keep up the high standard.

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #1519 on: May 11, 2024, 03:00:54 PM »
Working some more on Lumineth! Got some work left to do on the bases, stay tuned!

Post Merge: May 11, 2024, 05:23:20 PM

Got some additional basing done! Just need some satin varnish to layer on the basing to make the earth look muddy!

« Last Edit: May 11, 2024, 05:28:33 PM by Myen'Tal »